PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 Draft Prospect Thread

Is Derek rivers expected to come back and make an impact???

Is he a 2018 draft prospect???

Obviously not. I just have not heard much on his recovery from his injury. His situation is relevant to who the team should target

Obviously not. I just have not heard much on his recovery from his injury. His situation is relevant to who the team should target

Just giving you grief. You know as much as anyone about Rivers. We'll find out in training camp, I guess. I still see Edge and linebacker as a need, even if he develops.

Just giving you grief. You know as much as anyone about Rivers. We'll find out in training camp, I guess. I still see Edge and linebacker as a need, even if he develops.
Im totally not in love with the line backers this year. Last year was just insane

Quenton Nelsons situation is intriguing. Hes a guard, But He can play tackle, and be a damn good one atleast in my opinion. Only way your taking a guard high is if hes an All Pro player. Nelson can be that guy.

Heres the thing . Barkley is not making it out of the top 5. and 4 QBs could go top 10. I think Bradley Chubb and Minkah Fitz are likely top 10 picks. Is there any chance in hell Nelson falls out of the top 10? I think there is, but I do not think he will. If he does, Id love to see a trade up by the Patriots

Quenton Nelsons situation is intriguing. Hes a guard, But He can play tackle, and be a damn good one atleast in my opinion. Only way your taking a guard high is if hes an All Pro player. Nelson can be that guy.

Heres the thing . Barkley is not making it out of the top 5. and 4 QBs could go top 10. I think Bradley Chubb and Minkah Fitz are likely top 10 picks. Is there any chance in hell Nelson falls out of the top 10? I think there is, but I do not think he will. If he does, Id love to see a trade up by the Patriots
Don't see Nelson slipping because he's a top 3-5 prospect with no baggage

Not a need in NE

Da'Shawn Hand intrigues me, But Alabama players make me nervous if they are not first round talent
Watching more of this guy. I'm souring on him a little bit.

I was hoping to find reason to project him as better than Payne, but I just can not do that. I think Payne can play in multiple fronts just like Hand

Watching more of this guy. I'm souring on him a little bit.

I was hoping to find reason to project him as better than Payne, but I just can not do that. I think Payne can play in multiple fronts just like Hand

Hand is not a guy that should be on our draft board.

Until we traded for Shelton, I thought Payne should be near the top of our draft board. But there is a very slim chance he makes it to 31.

Harrison, brown and Averitt should all be on our draft board as each can make our team better.

Hand is not a guy that should be on our draft board.

Until we traded for Shelton, I thought Payne should be near the top of our draft board. But there is a very slim chance he makes it to 31.

Harrison, brown and Averitt should all be on our draft board as each can make our team better.

The corner from Bama? If so I really like that kid. And I usually do not like Alabama players outside of the first round. He could end up being the best Alabama corner in the nfl since Saban arrived. I think that highly of him right now. I need to watch more though

I still think the Patriots should look to add another D lineman in the draft though. I do agree Payne will not make it to 31.

I think Mo Hurst is a stud. His size and his heart are a concern though. I like Harrisson Phillips.... Theres a few Defensive tackles I like. Generally speaking I have hopes for the D lineman in this draft ... From what I have seen so far. I like to watch previous years film first, then current years film.

Im hoping we grab a player on both sides of the line, a linebacker, and a corner with our first 4 picks

One guy who looks like he's falling is Josh Jackson..

I think FA will show us this season what we are going to be looking for in the draft.

How does everyone feel about Shaun Dion Hamilton LB from Alabama?

Just from a Fan perspective watching Alabama games he always stood out to me. And reading a lot about him, he was always the smartest player in a stacked Bama defense. I think hes good in coverage also .

Now injuries have piled on him, and there is some durability concerns, but id love to take a late rd flier on him . I really like him .

How does everyone feel about Shaun Dion Hamilton LB from Alabama?

Just from a Fan perspective watching Alabama games he always stood out to me. And reading a lot about him, he was always the smartest player in a stacked Bama defense. I think hes good in coverage also .

Now injuries have piled on him, and there is some durability concerns, but id love to take a late rd flier on him . I really like him .

Too small

Looks like Kolton Miller could be coming to us, after recent events...
Either he or Brian O'Neil...or...Boney Tony Garcia?!?

Miller might not last until 43, nor O'Neill until 63.

Last edited:
Either he or Brian O'Neil...or...Boney Tony Garcia?!?

Miller might not last until 43, nor O'Neill until 63.

Garcia I'd like him as a person for him to get himself healthy more than anything. I'm more than happy to take miller with our first rounder.

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Back