PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 Combine

He better hit those marks.

Do you see him as a pass rusher only or could he be a Jamie Collins type? I hear he’s very good in coverage.

If you check the high school SPARQ numbers, he actually might hit those numbers. He's really, really athletic. I just wish he could get off blocks. He's a tough edge setter, but if I didn't know his testing numbers, I would think he was a limited athlete (except for watching him in the open field). He just sort of sticks to blockers. Technique can be learned, though. My biggest concern is actually his knee. There are rumors he has a degenerative knee issue that may end his career early.

Star Louletti

Depends on the condition. Lotulelei's problem was actually a viral infection that lowered his heart's ability to pump blood temporarily. When the infection cleared, his heart worked normally again.

If you check the high school SPARQ numbers, he actually might hit those numbers. He's really, really athletic. I just wish he could get off blocks. He's a tough edge setter, but if I didn't know his testing numbers, I would think he was a limited athlete (except for watching him in the open field). He just sort of sticks to blockers. Technique can be learned, though. My biggest concern is actually his knee. There are rumors he has a degenerative knee issue that may end his career early.

I can see him in his last year of a contract trying to get a pay day. Guy is a freak of an athlete

Vita Vea 41 on the bench. Harrison Phillips - 42. Strongmen.

I'm surprised Vea didn't bench a lineman -- one in each hand! Incredible power.

That's crazy power! Didn't think Harrison Phillips looked like Vea Strength

Not that it particularly matters but Lauletta had a very impressive (& surprising) athletic testing day. He was #2 in the 3 cone, #1 SS & a 4.81 forty. Not sure what you can take away from it other than he’s a great athlete from a small school. Maybe his arm could improve in time with NFL coaching/conditioning.

Last edited:

Not that it particularly matters but Lauletta had a very impressive (& surprising) athletic testing day. He was #2 in the 3 cone, #1 SS & a 4.81 forty. Not sure what you can take away from it other than he’s a great athlete from a small school. Maybe his arm could improve in time with NFL coaching/conditioning.

Logan Woodside did well too. 6.94 3-cone, 4.15 ss, 4.79 forty.

Not a blazer, but impressive otherwise:

That's crazy power! Didn't think Harrison Phillips looked like Vea Strength

Remember that bench press is more about endurance than just strength. Vea shows far more power through his core, and can control two blockers much better than Phillips.

Sutton’s agility definitely shows on screen passes & YAC.

He's a really good kid, too. I posted a biopic on him recently. I'm rooting for him, although I highly doubt we'd go WR in the first round, and he's probably not going to make it to the second due to his size, production, and testing.

Not often that the quickest WRs are all about 6’3 (Cantrell, Sutton and J’mon Moore). All had 3-cones at 6.56-6.57.

Dylan Cantrell had almost exactly the same

40 - 4.59
3C - 6.56
Ss - 4.03

As a fellow acrobat, I like that he does flips. :D I don't really care about long speed as much as I do about body control and explosiveness in short areas. His jumps and CoD drills are top notch. Cantrell is definitely on my reevaluation list; I haven't done a full film review, but he's really intriguing to me, and his testing only reinforced that view. Time to breakdown more games.

As I mentioned, I think he compares quite favorably to Jimmy Graham or maybe Kelce. As a pure receiver, he's got a leg up on all of them. If he could even become an average blocker, then he could take over as the NFL's top guy some day. I just don't know if I like his ability to play through contact at the line of scrimmage. Yes, he does well on contested catches, but hit him at the line or get in his face, and he kind of shuts down a little bit. Still, he's worth the gamble.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back