PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018 Combine

I like that arm length (33” plus) for covering TEs.
I like that arm length (33” plus) for covering TEs.

Although this doesn't sound very Patriot-y

It's funny because I read this yesterday.
During our recent mock draft, we had the New England Patriots selecting Alabama safetyRonnie Harrison at the end of Round 1. Today someone candidly told me that Harrison is a “Patriots-type of player: smart, tough and talented.” I’m told Harrison will interview well and knows the Xs and Os better than anyone on the Crimson Tide defense. He’s expected to time in the low 4.5s and potentially get into the 4.4s during workouts Monday.
Combine Notes: Day 3 | Draft Analyst

You never know what is really going on. Like us, even NFL scouts all look at the same thing and have different views on it.

Haven’t seen any discussions on the main board, and I apologise for going off topic, but does anyone think we sign Frank Gore? Seems like a B.B. move to me. One of the best blockers in the league.
Oh God, no thank you

Oh God, no thank you

Just seems like a typical B.B. signing to me (potential HOF vet at the end of his career looking for a championship) - that doesn’t mean he makes it through camp though. According to PFF (I know), he had his second highest graded season last year.

Just seems like a typical B.B. signing to me (potential HOF vet at the end of his career looking for a championship) - that doesn’t mean he makes it through camp though. According to PFF (I know), he had his second highest graded season last year.
I can see it maybe

Really hope not though

Can I ask why? Just because you think he’s done? I think he’d offer more than Gillislee.
Yes, I think he's washed and slow

Believe me, I want MG cut

I have nightmares that BB keeps him

4.85 for Lauletta

On track to be the days winner.

Some dissapointing 40s times with some of these wrs. AnthonyMiller didn't choose to run the 40. Auden Tate with a 4.69 40.

Some had James Washington going in the first round. I don't see it now.

He's a lot like McCourty, actually. He's probably worth a top 10 investment, but I don't know that he'll be an all pro at any of the positions in the secondary, even if he can hold them all down competently.

To me that almost sounds like the ideal player. I'd rather have someone who is competent at many things than someone who really excels at a specific niche. DMac might not be a great CB but the fact that he can just switch from deep safety to box safety to CB within 3 plays gives your DC so much scheme diversity and the other team less pre snap keys.

If you draft in the top 10 that might not be enough and you want that freaky blue chipper on your team but for me personally that would be enough. Especially because by not becoming an absolute stats superstar that players remains more cap friendly.

Anyway didnt want to derail the thread with a specialization vs. flexibility discussion.

I hate this about the draft process.

Poor Bloke. Hopefully they can do something for him. The Fact its been found now is better than 6 months later when it could kill him. Hopefully its nothing minor. A friend of mine had a strange heart thing, and they just had to do a small op on him and he was fine.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back