PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018-19 Stanley Cup - Bruins vs Blues

Lots of NYers, Jersey boys, Massholes and other Yankees have moved to that region.

Are they Canes fans now?

Lots of NYers, Jersey boys, Massholes and other Yankees have moved to that region.

Are they Canes fans now?

I can't speak for the area as a whole; but in my little slice of the neighborhood; which includes people from DC, Pittsburg, Albany, Chicago, Minnesota, Arizona and then the other half are natives to North Cackalacky, all of them except the dude from DC are Canes fans.

Heads up play from Marchand pulling Clifton off Staal to preserve the PP after Staal’s filthy boarding hit on Wagner.

I can't speak for the area as a whole; but in my little slice of the neighborhood; which includes people from DC, Pittsburg, Albany, Chicago, Minnesota, Arizona and then the other half are natives to North Cackalacky, all of them except the dude from DC are Canes fans.
There you go.

Bandwagoners.

There you go.

Bandwagoners.

Certainly some. A couple of them were season ticket holders forever.

10 years without making the playoffs seems to have cut into the fan base which admittedly isn't in a natural hockey market.

Seems like just yesterday they were playing in Hartford. Now they complain about playoff droughts. Should be thankful to have a team. When does the NHL expand again. I think thats good for business.

Seems like just yesterday they were playing in Hartford. Now they complain about playoff droughts. Should be thankful to have a team. When does the NHL expand again. I think thats good for business.

Because of all the rules changes, with the NHL really trending towards becoming little more than speed skating with sticks, there are more players capable of playing the game at the NHL level than ever before. So it shouldn't come as too much of a surprise if Bettman & Co. decide to add even more teams. The league has obviously decided that it cannot compete with the other major sports on a per team basis, so money's only going to come in if they increase the number of teams.

Unfortunately for the NHL, the south doesn't know much about hockey, and it cares about it even less.

Because of all the rules changes, with the NHL really trending towards becoming little more than speed skating with sticks, there are more players capable of playing the game at the NHL level than ever before. So it shouldn't come as too much of a surprise if Bettman & Co. decide to add even more teams. The league has obviously decided that it cannot compete with the other major sports on a per team basis, so money's only going to come in if they increase the number of teams.

Unfortunately for the NHL, the south doesn't know much about hockey, and it cares about it even less.

A lot of truth to this. Last night the group text I was on, everyone was complaining about “why are the Bruins goons, it isn’t 1978 anymore”.

Knowing that most of them, while knowledgeable sports fans, probably didn’t watch hockey ten years ago let alone in 1978, I sent them highlight from Stan Jonathan and Pierre Bouchard...to highlight how the game has changed,

None of them even knew what to say. Not that I blame them, they should just choose to whine/opine more effectively.

The game in 2019 is vastly different than it was even five years ago, let alone 40

You are high if you think hockey isn’t physical enough. These guys get the sh.t knocked out of them night after night.

Seattle is next up, scheduled to begin play in '21-'22

A lot of truth to this. Last night the group text I was on, everyone was complaining about “why are the Bruins goons, it isn’t 1978 anymore”.

Knowing that most of them, while knowledgeable sports fans, probably didn’t watch hockey ten years ago let alone in 1978, I sent them highlight from Stan Jonathan and Pierre Bouchard...to highlight how the game has changed,

None of them even knew what to say. Not that I blame them, they should just choose to whine/opine more effectively.

The game in 2019 is vastly different than it was even five years ago, let alone 40

Worth noting they complained about the B's yet the Canes clutched and grabbed more than Seattle's 'old' legion of bust ever did but that was somehow acceptable? Dougie putting up his elbow with the hit coming in was inexcusably soft and self indulgent but he and they whined about the penalty anyway, smdh. In spite of the penalty differential Carolina still got away with murder in that game, they could easily have had someone in the box almost the entire game.

Last edited:
After the 1st it's 2-1 Sharks, the margin being provided courtesy of a 5-3 PP strike. Blues are def being every bit as physical as they were against Dallas, gotta stay out of the sin bin while doing it though.

Seattle is next up, scheduled to begin play in '21-'22
Read an article that stated hockey thrives in cities that are diehard NFL towns.

Seattle should work.

Noel Acciari out for game two. expected to be a full participant in practice Monday and ready to go for game three. I love acciaris game. now if the Bruins can just get Kevan miller back.

After the 1st it's 2-1 Sharks, the margin being provided courtesy of a 5-3 PP strike. Blues are def being every bit as physical as they were against Dallas, gotta stay out of the sin bin while doing it though.
Went to the game tonight. Great atmosphere. Sharks looked good, but St. Louis looked a step slow all night. Sharks appeared to possess the puck all night. Expecting St. Louis to play better Monday.

Regards,
Chris

The Timo Meier goal to make it 4-2 featured some mad skills. Highlight of the night.

Regards,
Chris

Went to the game tonight. Great atmosphere. Sharks looked good, but St. Louis looked a step slow all night. Sharks appeared to possess the puck all night. Expecting St. Louis to play better Monday.

Great you were able to go, place looked rockin! Certainly seemed as though the Sharks set up well in the offensive zone and for some reason the Blues were slower to the puck. Goaltending on both sides left a bit to be desired, def expect it to pick up going forward.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back