PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018-19 Stanley Cup - Bruins vs Blues

All of a sudden you misinterpret something I said and it’s trolling?

It’s not based upon a misinterpretation or a single post, it’s your behavior throughout this thread. You aren’t a Bruins fan and you don’t have any rooting interest in these playoffs because your team didn’t make them. Your only purpose is to be a **** to Bruins fans by taking idiotic shots at them, that’s trolling, and everyone here knows it.

Thrilled the B’s have managed 3 wins despite playing on their back heels 40 minutes per game. I have never seen 5 vs 5 look like a constant power play for Toronto. Boston retreats into a tight cluster every time the Leafs enter into their zone ....and Boston’s inability to clear their defensive zone on the rare occasion they do gain control is mind numbing. It has gotten so bad the entire team resorts to flipping the puck out of the zone then bracing for the next 90 second onslaught.
Still..... 3-2 with 2 games to earn 1 win.... ugly rope a dope... but a formula that has provided them the series lead......ok.... for now.
Then there is Chara.....his game has collapsed

I think the Bruins dodged one there

Doesn't quite balance with:

The Bruins were dominant everywhere
...except the scoreboard.

All of a sudden you misinterpret something I said and it’s trolling?

The other tweaks and contradictory nature of those posts, while you may not view them as such, could easily lend themselves to being interpreted as passive aggressive trolling. Particularly by someone that has a serious emotional investment in the sport as opposed to your somewhat more casual enjoyment of it. Certainly if someone said the Pats "dodged one there" in their most recent Super Bowl win you would take exception to it since they were dominant everywhere but the scoreboard. Just a thought but if you were to take a look at your posting history when it comes to the B's then picture yourself reading them as Pats comments how would you take them? From my standpoint the soft serve you're tossing up vacillates between amusing and sad based on how weak the actual hockey take is vs when it seems like tweaking. The problematic part of it for some Bruins fans may be in part because they are used to you having strong Pats takes and don't like to think of fellow Pats fans as being trolls. Just my 2¢ and probably not even worth that from your perspective

Thrilled the B’s have managed 3 wins despite playing on their back heels 40 minutes per game. I have never seen 5 vs 5 look like a constant power play for Toronto. Boston retreats into a tight cluster every time the Leafs enter into their zone ....and Boston’s inability to clear their defensive zone on the rare occasion they do gain control is mind numbing. It has gotten so bad the entire team resorts to flipping the puck out of the zone then bracing for the next 90 second onslaught.
Still..... 3-2 with 2 games to earn 1 win.... ugly rope a dope... but a formula that has provided them the series lead......ok.... for now.
Wanna know how I know you haven't watched a single game and have just regurgitated what the Felger's and Mazz's of the media spew? See the bold.

The Bruins were down 3-2 in the series headed into yesterday and tied it at 3 games a piece with Game 7 being in Boston tomorrow.

Reactions: ALP
Doesn't quite balance with:

The other tweaks and contradictory nature of those posts, while you may not view them as such, could easily lend themselves to being interpreted as passive aggressive trolling. Particularly by someone that has a serious emotional investment in the sport as opposed to your somewhat more casual enjoyment of it. Certainly if someone said the Pats "dodged one there" in their most recent Super Bowl win you would take exception to it since they were dominant everywhere but the scoreboard. Just a thought but if you were to take a look at your posting history when it comes to the B's then picture yourself reading them as Pats comments how would you take them? From my standpoint the soft serve you're tossing up vacillates between amusing and sad based on how weak the actual hockey take is vs when it seems like tweaking. The problematic part of it for some Bruins fans may be in part because they are used to you having strong Pats takes and don't like to think of fellow Pats fans as being trolls. Just my 2¢ and probably not even worth that from your perspective

Saying the Bruins “dodged a bullet” and them dominating are not by themselves contradictory. They dominated but Toronto kept it close at the end. And my remark has nothing to do with the quality of play on their part. As a Pats fan, there are times I feel like the Pats dodged a bullet - the 2011 AFCCG for example or the 2018 AFCCG where a different coin toss could have changed the outcome. When two good teams play a tight game, luck happens. Maybe I should qualify my remark as the “Bruins dodged a bullet at the end?”

Also, this is a hockey thread in a football forum. Not everyone here is in love with the Bruins, Sox, and Celtics. Expect there to be some opposition and even a bit of trolling. It’s not meant to be hurtful and there is no need to get sensitive about it. I think some of you are looking at me as a Rangers/Caps fan and just making assumptions about every Bruins remark I make.

Wanna know how I know you haven't watched a single game and have just regurgitated what the Felger's and Mazz's of the media spew? See the bold.

Certainly anyone saying "despite playing on their back heels 40 minutes per game" has not watched every game of this series and may only have watched the first one. The Chara take is also weak as hell.

Last edited:
Saying the Bruins dodged a bullet and them dominating are not by themselves contradictory. They dominated but Toronto kept it close at the end. And my remark has nothing to do with the quality of play on their part. As a Pats fan, there are times I feel like the Pats dodged a bullet - the 2011 AFCCG for example or the 2018 AFCCG where a different coin toss result could have changed the outcome. When two good teams play a tight game, this is what happens. Also, this is a hockey thread in a football forum. Not everyone here is in love with the Bruins, Sox, and Celtics. Expect there to be some opposition and even a bit of trolling. It’s not meant to be hurtful and there is no need to get sensitive about it. I think some of you are looking at me as a Rangers/Caps fan and just making assumptions.

Once again, people aren’t being “ sensitive,” which is another troll job, you are being a ****.

Certainly anyone saying "despite playing on their back heels 40 minutes per game" has not watched every game of this series and may only have watched the first game in this series. The Chara take is also weak as hell.

I agree, it’s ignorant bullsh.t.

Certainly anyone saying "despite playing on their back heels 40 minutes per game" has not watched every game of this series and may only have watched the first game in this series. The Chara take is also weak as hell.
Chara was excellent yesterday, and overall solid throughout the series. It helps that Carlo and McAvoy are turning out to be 2 #1 D-men so Chara doesn't have to play as many minutes. The Bruins have such a perfect balance of talented and experienced veterans (Bergy, Chara, Krejci, March, Rask, etc.) along with a lot of young promising talent (McAvoy, Carlo, Gryz [was exceptional yesterday], Pasta, Kuhlman, etc.)

I really love the make-up of this team. Just have to win Game 7 and I like the Bruins chances out of any of the remaining teams.

Saying the Bruins “dodged a bullet” and them dominating are not by themselves contradictory. They dominated but Toronto kept it close at the end. And my remark has nothing to do with the quality of play on their part. As a Pats fan, there are times I feel like the Pats dodged a bullet - the 2011 AFCCG for example or the 2018 AFCCG where a different coin toss could have changed the outcome. When two good teams play a tight game, luck happens. Maybe I should qualify my remark as the “Bruins dodged a bullet at the end?”

Also, this is a hockey thread in a football forum. Not everyone here is in love with the Bruins, Sox, and Celtics. Expect there to be some opposition and even a bit of trolling. It’s not meant to be hurtful and there is no need to get sensitive about it. I think some of you are looking at me as a Rangers/Caps fan and just making assumptions about every Bruins remark I make.
Honest question and not trying to be a dicckk: how are you a Rangers and a Capitals fan?

I have no expectation that everyone here should love all of this market's teams. I do however expect better from Pats fans whose takes I normally respect than to troll other legitimate Pats fans. Perhaps your Pats takes had us lending your stuff more credence than we should on this subject. Certainly based on your posts elsewhere I never had you in the lame 'should I even bother reading this' category. You shouldn't confuse my disappointment with sensitivity, lol

Legitimate question. I grew up a Rangers fan and have lived in DC for almost 10 years. The Capitals have grown on me, and since I am a casual hockey fan, I have no problem that the teams are rivals. The Rangers biggest rivals are the Devils/Islanders and the Caps have the Penguins. At this point in my life, I have gone to more Capitals games than any other team.

I hear that. Lifelong Bulls fan here who started liking the warriors in the summer of 2015.

What? How much of the games have you watched, the teams have taken turns pushing the play and both have looked bad at times, probably why its 3-3. Chara been solid all series.

Watch a lot of hockey....football and hockey are neck and neck. I am a Canuck though so ...you know....

To me, the Bruins played a really solid game 6. they let up (to some extent the Leafs woke up) in the first half of Game 6's third..but they held on.

You need 3 things in an NHL Game 7....urgency, physicality and awareness. You can't give your line away and you have be aware where the other team is on the ice.

It sounds Canadian but I really do like both teams. Of course I like superbowls but to me nothing will ever beat the finality and excitement of an NHL game 7.

These playoffs are ridiculous. All series except for Islanders-Pit and Columbus-TB sweeps might go 7.

Canes upsetting the Caps night be a bigger surprise than the Columbus series was.

Last edited:
These playoffs are ridiculous. All series except for Islanders-Pit and Columbus-TB sweeps might go 7.

Canes upsetting the Caps night he a bigger surprise than the Columbus series was.

It would be to me. CBJ was killing it down the stretch so we should have been expecting them to be at the very least highly competitive, though certainly not a sweep by any means, and I felt CBJ could at least take them to 6. I, for one, freely admit I had no thought of the Caps taking more than 5 games to dispatch the Canes.

Canes upsetting the Caps night be a bigger surprise than the Columbus series was.

I'll be rooting for the 'Canes in that game.

And the Stars closed out the Predators tonight.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back