PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018-19 Stanley Cup - Bruins vs Blues

Colorado came back from a 2-0 deficit to win in overtime, and now lead their series 3-1

Have they ever had 2 1 seeds go down in the first round??

Warren Foegle cheap shot probably knocks TJ Oshie out for the season :mad:

Warren Foegle cheap shot probably knocks TJ Oshie out for the season :mad:

Did you think that hit was dirty? I am a casual hockey fan and a lot of the hits look pretty much the same to me, dirty or not. The Cap fans are complaining that he was hit from behind without warning and was "boarded", but he had the puck, so shouldn't he expect to be hit? Just asking an honest opinion as although it's of course unfortunate that he was hurt on the play, it didn't look "dirty" to me.

Did you think that hit was dirty? I am a casual hockey fan and a lot of the hits look pretty much the same to me, dirty or not. The Cap fans are complaining that he was hit from behind without warning and was "boarded", but he had the puck, so shouldn't he expect to be hit? Just asking an honest opinion as although it's of course unfortunate that he was hurt on the play, it didn't look "dirty" to me.

I didn't see the hit. But, if you line a guy up from behind, run him and hit him between the numbers, and deliberately drive him into the boards, you're going to get a penalty. I'm not saying that happened on the play. I'm just laying out some of what the officials will be looking at.

A cross check is illegal any way you slice it. A cross check to the back on a defenseless player is even worse. With that said, I don’t think it was intentional.

Oshie was NOT boarded, he was crosschecked (not all that viciously as crosschecks go, more of a shove) but thanks to his balance at the time he sure landed awkwardly. It's a penalty but it's a far cry from anything that should draw additional punishment. Intent is part of the process when plays are reviewed by the Dept of Player Safety. It just wasn't vicious enough to merit the uproar Caps fans feel over it, more of a run of the mill shove/crosscheck with an unfortunate result.

Oshie was NOT boarded, he was crosschecked (not all that viciously as crosschecks go, more of a shove) but thanks to his balance at the time he sure landed awkwardly. It's a penalty but it's a far cry from anything that should draw additional punishment. Intent is part of the process when plays are reviewed by the Dept of Player Safety. It just wasn't vicious enough to merit the uproar Caps fans feel over it, more of a run of the mill shove/crosscheck with an unfortunate result.

The intent may have not been there, but it was a cross check to Oshie's back near the boards. What did Foegle think was going to happen? You do something like that in the middle of the ice it's not as big a deal but near the boards an injury is a strong possibility.

I can’t think of a sport where seeding matters less than the NHL. Crazy.

This never gets old:

marchand-sedin.gif

The intent may have not been there, but it was a cross check to Oshie's back near the boards. What did Foegle think was going to happen? You do something like that in the middle of the ice it's not as big a deal but near the boards an injury is a strong possibility.

We've both seen significantly worse crosschecks harder into the boards result in no damage and no penalty, Oshie's point of balance had more to do with it than the nature of the penalty. The point being it was one of those bleep happens type injuries. Damn shame but not the sort of egregious ahole thing that merits an execution, not like he lined him up with malice of forethought.

man that was a fast period. they need more offensive zone time. they arent getting enough quality scoring chances. the puck looks like it's bouncing around all over the place. like they are playing in the old garden. great to see Marc Savard waving the spoked B before the game..

man that was a fast period. they need more offensive zone time. they arent getting enough quality scoring chances. the puck looks like its bouncing around all over the place. like they are playing in the old garden.

Getting too cute, sometimes you need to SHOOT THE DAMN PUCK

Leaf's strategy of chip and chase is keeping our defense from getting too physical and wearing them down.

Hopefully see an adjustment to this in the 2nd.

they have to capitalize on one of these power plays.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back