PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2018-19 Stanley Cup - Bruins vs Blues

Who do you think is the best team? Bruins were one of teams with the top 3 odds to win the cup, TB down makes them top 2.

The Bruins, Capitals and Knights are the 3 best teams left in the playoffs.

NYI, Columbus, and Washington have a better shot to come out of the East (in that order). I would put Boston 4th on the list. I’m not sold on Rask. He let in another soft one today.
Given that you're a Rangers fan, it's obvious why you're biased towards the Metro. Ignoring the freakshow series with the Lightning (glad CBJ won but doesn't take away how great the TBL were), going into the playoffs the top 4 teams are/were TB, Boston, Wash, Toronto. Although TB is out, Boston/Toronto still has a great shot at going deep. These are 2 really good teams.

Rask gave up 1 soft goal. Other than that, he was fantastic while facing 40+ shots. I appreciate your football insights but seems like you just regurgitate the boston hockey hot takes a la Felger/Mazz. Rask has been great all series except for 1, maybe 2 soft goals.

That's a damn good team in their own house they are playing against. And they are without Moore and Miller and until tonight Kuraly
Moore played tonight but was just meh (not unusual given he was out for the past month). They desperately need Miller and Kuraly back, though. If Miller can't come back, we need Clifton back (he's an upgrade from Moore). Supposedly a guy on a hockeyboard i talk on said they know Clifton's dad and he mentioned he could be back for Friday night. We'll see.

That 4th line has been money all year (reminds me of 2011 with the Merlot line) but without Kuraly they've been meh.

I remember Thomas being called not clutch (amongst other things) until he was a Stanley Cup winning goalie. Capitals were soft until they won. Winning can change a lot of perceptions.

They’ll take care of the Bruins. Don’t worry.
You better hope they get past the measly Canes first. The caps were garbage in the 1st game and should have lost which would put them under at 1-2 going into game 4. They don't look great.

You better hope they get past the measly Canes first. The caps were garbage in the 1st game and should have lost which would put them under at 1-2 going into game 4. They don't look great.

That's why I have them 3rd out of teams most likely to win the East. Boston doesn’t look great either.

Not complaining but is it too much to ask for Rask to stand on his head a game or 2 ...

like Tim Thomas or even 80% Tim Thomas?

The Sucky Sox ruined the Boston trifecta tonight and they had a 3-1 lead. I'm happy they gave us last year, this year looks lost.

Not complaining but is it too much to ask for Rask to stand on his head a game or 2 ...

No it isn't and he certainly capable of doing it. He will never be Thomas like, he is the antithesis of the whirling dervish. The Rask sucks stuff is flat out silly and shows the neophytes for who they are, so thanks for not going there since I respect your stuff. Rask is what he is, a technically sound #1 goaltender. He makes 95-99 % of the stops he should and from time to time some of the ones he shouldn't while occasionally coughing up one that looks bad. That is a solid 1. Whereas Thomas could make a routine stop look spectacular Rask's technique can make the spectacular look routine. Flash just isn't in his game. He may not be a Brodeur or a Drydenesque series thief waiting to happen but like any solid one he can occasionally steal you A game, and if the team in front of him is playing as it should sometimes that's all you need to win a tight series against a quality opponent.

The Sucky Sox ruined the Boston trifecta tonight and they had a 3-1 lead. I'm happy they gave us last year, this year looks lost.

It's April, 20 games out in June isn't necessarily lost.
Damn, we are a spoiled bunch. Glad I lived long enough to see us get this way lol

It's April, 20 games out in June isn't necessarily lost.
Damn, we are a spoiled bunch. Glad I lived long enough to see us get this way lol
I may be overreacting but a three-fer would have been nice, I don't take baseball seriously until July.

Amazing that cutting the backup catcher (DFA for those who actually follow the game), who had a winning record (3-2) as a starter, is not the solution for a team that's not 6-13.

Colorado came back from a 2-0 deficit to win in overtime, and now lead their series 3-1

Outstanding game 4, series tied 2-2.

That means 2 of 3 with 2 games in the Bruins' barn.

Go Bruins

I think many people are underestimating just how good Toronto is. They went 7 with the Bruins last year and added Tavares. They are as good offensively as any team in hockey, and Anderson is a really good goalie.

I think many people are underestimating just how good Toronto is. They went 7 with the Bruins last year and added Tavares. They are as good offensively as any team in hockey, and Anderson is a really good goalie.
Whomever is doesn't know hockey.

They had some breakdowns last night but when TOR commits to playing hard in all 3 zones they are tough

Don't forget the addition of Muzzin as well. It'll always be a battle with them but top to bottom they're one of the most talented teams in the league. Marner, Tavares, Matthews aka nostrils, Muzzin, Kadri, Anderson Rielly, Kapenen, the list goes on. The one area they're a bit weak is their D which we've been capitalizing on.

In game 5 we need more time in the Toronto zone. Dump the puck, attack their weak D on the forecheck and put the pressure on. They did that in game 2 and were dominant.

Hell of a series.

Boston won’t win the cup with Tuuka Rask.
Said the same people about Tim Thomas in 2011 and again about Rask in 2013 when the B's lost to the Blackhawks in 6. Tuuka can be streaky and he's due for a good one. This cup is up for grabs since TB's unexpected ouster.

No, but it ain't happening. I cringe every time the puck goes near Tuukka. My husband and kids tell me I am too hard on him, but I just don't trust him. I know in my mind he's a good goalie, but my heart says he is just not good enough. He lets in stupid goals all the time, even in games we win. He made what should have been a blowout last night a nail biter in the end (and let's face it, am I the only one who thought the Leafs were going to tie the game up after they made it 5-4?). ARRRRGGGGHHH!

Said the same people about Tim Thomas in 2011 and again about Rask in 2013 when the B's lost to the Blackhawks in 6. Tuuka can be streaky and he's due for a good one. This cup is up for grabs since TB's unexpected ouster.
Dont forget Felger saying they can never win a cup with Zdeno Chara because, well he never won a cup, so if you never won a cup you can never win a cup by that logic.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back