PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 Training Camp - Day 3 (7/29/17)

Status
Not open for further replies.
True but all he really did was trade the 1 for cooks. The 2 was a minor trade down to get ealy (like 8 spots)

Cooks will be the answer to the quality of the overall draft for us. The Udfas are nice stories and getting a butler changes everything but mostly they are helpful jags not diffetence makers. Just my opinion

Also used picks on Allen and Gillislee who should both be useful players.

Gillislee will be the best of the RB's on the ground. I think he has a chance to put up big numbers on the ground, provided NE takes the balanced approach and doesn't fall in love with the pass like 2007. I don't think they can go wrong either way, but I do prefer the balanced approach.
That's what it looks like.
I think Lewis will end up being the most productive overall even if he is behing gillislee rushing and white receiving.

Gillislee will be the best of the RB's on the ground. I think he has a chance to put up big numbers on the ground, provided NE takes the balanced approach and doesn't fall in love with the pass like 2007. I don't think they can go wrong either way, but I do prefer the balanced approach.

He kinda reminds me of MJD. Smallish in terms of "pounding back (at least the stereotypical one), but has the mentality of a bowling ball. Just keeps rolling until he hits paydirt.

Possible. I think Cy is a better talent but who the hell knows...

The CB group already has 4 shoo-ins to make the club

Gilmore Girls
Malcolm
Rowe
JJ

So one spot for the remaining 5-6 CBs in camp?...yikes.

Overall joint practices are a gr8 benefit for the teams involved. The downside, for a deep team like the Pats, is that it will be much more difficult to sneak players through waivers when other teams see them in practice for a week.

Last year losing Leblanc to the Bears is a good example.

Overall joint practices are a gr8 benefit for the teams involved. The downside, for a deep team like the Pats, is that it will be much more difficult to snear players through waivers when other teams see them in practice for a week.

I suspect we will see more poaching this year.

He kinda reminds me of MJD. Smallish in terms of "pounding back (at least the stereotypical one), but has the mentality of a bowling ball. Just keeps rolling until he hits paydirt.
That's a very good comparison. I never even thought of that.

Roberts and Richards still slow (reaction) to cover there..

Yea both are just not cut out for that role. I like Roberts and think he can find a spot but man Richards is tough to watch.

Rowe being interviewed now on 98.5 and he talks about feeling so much more comfortable (obviously) than last season. He said that he was somewhat tentative because he didn't know all the calls on the field and how he felt that he was a step slow at times. He said now he's making plays because he knows where to be and what the terminology means.

not really . its Richards breaking the pass
looks like he might be following White's 3rd year breakout..

#1 quality of BB acc to Lombardi . patience

Overall joint practices are a gr8 benefit for the teams involved. The downside, for a deep team like the Pats, is that it will be much more difficult to sneak players through waivers when other teams see them in practice for a week.

It works both ways, as the Pats have gone after guys they've seen in joint practices as well. They've definitely gone after guys they saw firsthand in joint practices after they were released. I also think the Cooks trade is another example of that. They definitely felt secure in parting with that first rounder because they knew what they were getting.

Once Sammy Morris went down they had to throw it more. They were a 50/50 run/pass team until he got hurt vs DAL.

He was well on his way to a 220 carry/1000yd season.

A vastly underrated injury.

They might run more this year than people think.

I do. Demon on STs and seems to have improved on D. At worst hes the 5th CB.
He makes Bolden expendable. He may not even be the only one either. I have a hard time seeing Bolden on the 53 this season without the help of some injuries to other players. Though the word is he was injured today too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents