PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 Training Camp - Day 10 (8/7/17) [Joint Practice with the Jaguars]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Malcom Mitchell have surgery or something? I'm starting to worry about him missing so much practice and then get a 2nd year Dobsonitis.

Whoa. Van Noy is a lucky guy. I'd drag my testicles through a mile of broken glass and thumbtacks just to hear her fart through a walkie-talkie.

I'm just guessing but maybe if you didn't use that ("I'd drag my testicles through a mile of broken glass and thumbtacks just to hear her fart through a walkie-talkie") as your pick-up line, maybe some woman might just go out with you. Maybe.

Well I would say the fact we are not hearing much about these injuries or limps after practice is probably a good sign.

On the whole here are my thoughts.

1) Offense has stuff to work on with communication and getting on the same page. To be expected at this point it being so early. However, once on the same page they will be very hard to stop.

2) The only bad thing i heard about the OL was Flemming who is a backup. While not ideal it is okay and shows the starters are doing a good job if Flemming is the one being complained about. I think the OL will improve as we hoped. One side note is I do hope Garcia can beat Flemming out for the #3 job.

3) DBs players pretty great with only Butler having a bad day. I am not worried about it. Bad days happen but he is a stud and will be good to go. Gilmore/Rowe and co were on point. If Butler was on his game 100% they would have smothered this O.

4) Langi is making the team. Lock him in. Too much upside and too much talent. By the time camp ends it would not surprise me if he is the 3rd best LB on the team. I hope he is. I just don't trust anyone not named Harris or Hightower at this point and want a 3rd guy I like incase something happens.

5) I have no idea how he would fit on the 53 but Adam Butler keeps making a case to be here. It is getting harder and harder to not do some juggling to keep him around. IF this continues he will force the Patriots hand.

6) JJ and CJ doing enough to make it hard to carry Moore and enough other guys are showing at other spots to make it hard too. I think if he keeps it up they find a way but you might see a few surprise cuts.

Whoa. Van Noy is a lucky guy. I'd drag my testicles through a mile of broken glass and thumbtacks just to hear her fart through a walkie-talkie.
Seriously?
Your talking about a player's wife.
Borrow some class

My roster at this point with a few surprises and letting a lot of young guys on who i think are going to show enough to stick.

QB (3) T.Brady, J.Garoppolo, J.Brissett
RB (5) M.Gillislee, J.White, R.Burkhead, D.Lewis, J.Develin
WR (6) J.Edelman, C.Hogan, B.Cooks, D.Amendola, M.Mitchell, M.Slater
TE (3) R.Gronkowski, D.Allen, J.O'Shaughnessy
C (1) D.Andrews
G (3) S.Mason, J.Thuney, T.Karras
T (4) N.Solder, M.Cannon, T.Garcia, C.Fleming

DE (4) T.Flowers, D.Wise, K.Ealy, D.Rivers
DT (5) A.Branch, L.Guy, M.Brown, V.Valentine, A.Butler
ILB(2) D.Hightower, H.Langi
OLB(2) D.Harris, E.Roberts, B.King
CB (6) M.Butler, S.Gilmore, E.Rowe, C.Jones, J.Jones, K.Moore
SS (3) P.Chung, N.Ebner, J.Richards
FS (3) D.McCourty, D.Harmon
ST (3) S.Gostkowski, R.Allen, J.Cardona

Total players: 53
Created with Pats Picker: Pats Picker 2016

Key cuts - McClellin, Van Noy, Bolden, Lucien, Carr, Grissom.

Notes - 8 OL men is thin but I can't see them carrying a 9th who isn't worthy and letting one of the young guys walk.

the LB turnover is the big story on this roster but IMO King counts more as a LB and Langi makes the team. I think McClellin, Freeny and Van Noy didn't show enough last year in key spots. Roberts at least has some pop in his hits and being a 2nd yr player has way more upside. LB will be a tad bit thing but Chung plays a lot of LB too so it will be okay I think. Also they can make finding a good one to put on the PS a priority.

Letting Carr and Lucien go hurts but unless they cut Amendola there is just no room or reason to keep them

Grissom has had a good camp but A. Butler has had a better one. I think they can only keep 1 guy.

On the whole this camp is going well with a lot of young players getting in here and being exciting despite not a lot of draft picks.

Denver and NYG have defenses that can match up with our offense.

DEN and ATL matched up AND contained the 2016 offense for most of their respective games with NE

Now add Gronk, Gillislee, Burkhead, 100% DLew and Cooks to that equation.

So just match up or and including contain?

My roster at this point with a few surprises and letting a lot of young guys on who i think are going to show enough to stick.

QB (3) T.Brady, J.Garoppolo, J.Brissett
RB (5) M.Gillislee, J.White, R.Burkhead, D.Lewis, J.Develin
WR (6) J.Edelman, C.Hogan, B.Cooks, D.Amendola, M.Mitchell, M.Slater
TE (3) R.Gronkowski, D.Allen, J.O'Shaughnessy
C (1) D.Andrews
G (3) S.Mason, J.Thuney, T.Karras
T (4) N.Solder, M.Cannon, T.Garcia, C.Fleming

DE (4) T.Flowers, D.Wise, K.Ealy, D.Rivers
DT (5) A.Branch, L.Guy, M.Brown, V.Valentine, A.Butler
ILB(2) D.Hightower, H.Langi
OLB(2) D.Harris, E.Roberts, B.King
CB (6) M.Butler, S.Gilmore, E.Rowe, C.Jones, J.Jones, K.Moore
SS (3) P.Chung, N.Ebner, J.Richards
FS (3) D.McCourty, D.Harmon
ST (3) S.Gostkowski, R.Allen, J.Cardona

Total players: 53
Created with Pats Picker: Pats Picker 2016

Key cuts - McClellin, Van Noy, Bolden, Lucien, Carr, Grissom.

Notes - 8 OL men is thin but I can't see them carrying a 9th who isn't worthy and letting one of the young guys walk.

the LB turnover is the big story on this roster but IMO King counts more as a LB and Langi makes the team. I think McClellin, Freeny and Van Noy didn't show enough last year in key spots. Roberts at least has some pop in his hits and being a 2nd yr player has way more upside. LB will be a tad bit thing but Chung plays a lot of LB too so it will be okay I think. Also they can make finding a good one to put on the PS a priority.

Letting Carr and Lucien go hurts but unless they cut Amendola there is just no room or reason to keep them

Grissom has had a good camp but A. Butler has had a better one. I think they can only keep 1 guy.

On the whole this camp is going well with a lot of young players getting in here and being exciting despite not a lot of draft picks.

If Slater isn't ready to start the season, that may buy Lucien a reprieve.

Denver and NYG have defenses that can match up with our offense.

If the OL blocks then only Denver, NYG, Seattle and Minnasota can slow us down. Without a pass rush though they won't be able to contain the Pats if healthy for too long.

With a pass rush any team can slow this offense down. In the end it comes down to the OL. If they block it is just a matter of time.

I'm starting to worry about Slater. Is there any indication about WHAT he injured?

DEN and ATL matched up AND contained the 2016 offense for most of their respective games with NE

Now add Gronk, Gillislee, Burkhead, 100% DLew and Cooks to that equation.

So just match up or and including contain?
Atlanta contained the offense?
The one that set records?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back