PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 NFL Draft, Day Three Game-Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh. McDermott is really intriguing raw material, but how many super-athletic-but-raw developmental tackle prospects do they have room for?

Theoretically?

Bye bye Waddle
Adios Fleming

Problem solved

Huh. McDermott is really intriguing raw material, but how many super-athletic-but-raw developmental tackle prospects do they have room for?

That's why I said meh. Don't mind the prospect but would rarher have had a different position. Fits the prototype to a tee.

YES. I love McDermott. Throw out the stupid couple of reps against Garrett. I compared him to Solder since last year. He's a very good player, and should never have gotten out of the 3rd.

With the draft being devoid of quality tackles, I don't get how someone as athletic as him fell this far. He's absolutely a project based on technique and physical development, but that athleticism and length is obvious. I dont understand how he's fallen this far, either. I would've been happy with him in the 4th.

For what we had going in, I'm delighted.

With how little amount of picks we had going in, I was a little annoyed about the Titans trade down/Lions trade up with losing that 6th rounder. But a solid draft!

Man, we only picked four times and yet I'm satisfied. That shows you how complete this roster is. I've never seen our team this well built right after the draft.

Amazing that BB didn't make a single WTF pick. Everyone picked was discussed in the draft forum. First time in my memory
Not hard when you only pick four times :p

My one point of sadness is missing out on Kofi Amichia, but such is life. McDermott is a fine player. People love to point out the two snaps that he lost to Garrett, but if they watch the entire game, McDermott largely handled Garrett. Watch 2015 and 2016 tape; he's got one of the smoothest kicksteps around, and he has very good redirection abilities and length. Under Scar, he can be a good player.

This is the fewest number of draftees Belichick has selected during his tenure as coach of the Patriots..

Going to be LOTS of UDFA.. CBs and LBs..

About 20 spots availavble.

8. CONOR McDERMOTT, UCLA (6-8, 309, 5.19, 4): Started 31 games at LT. High-effort player. “He’s unassuming and gets his job done,” one scout said. “He’s a better athlete than you realize. He’s like Nate Solder. He won’t go that high but he plays like that. He could be a starter
__

Antonio Garcia is a good option for the Ravens. Garcia played tackle at troy but he could also be a guard. This could come in handy if the Ravens lose Rick Wagner and have to move Alex Lewis out to right tackle. He is a 6’6″ lineman just under 300 pounds. What I love about this prospect is his ability to stay square to the line of scrimmage and to always keep his feet chopping. I was a lineman in high school, so I always look at how active a lineman’s feet are. That is the number one indicator of success and Garcia is certainly impressive on that front. Garcia would be a perfect fit at left guard, because he is a strong run blocker and a sound pass protector. At the very least the Ravens need some more quality at the offensive line positions. Vlad Ducasse wasn’t cutting it. John Urschel and Ryan Jensen haven’t been as impressive as we hoped. Garcia would be a good fit for the Ravens and he could end up being a long time starter.

This is a good year for UDFAs. Pretty decent class and hopefully 1 or 2 good players come of it.

About 20 spots availavble.

Yep.. and we see them typically fill that up and then cut after Mini-camp to add other players..

Would love to hear your list of "Priority" UDFAs when the draft is over.. :)

At least I got the double dips at edge & OL right..

Many tackles across the NFL are garbage. If the Pats want to roll with the two rookies as the backup Ts, I imagine Fleming would have some trade value (late round pick).

I want that Gronk 2.0 D2 prospect . I forget his name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back