PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2017 Draft Prospect Thread

Trubisky v teams top 30 in pass defense and total yards: 37-73, 50.6 comp %, 214 pass yards, 1 rushing TD and 2 INT, no passing TDs.

For comp, Watson v teams top 30 in pass defense and total yards: 101-160, 63.1 comp %, 1215 pass yards, 13:4 TD-INT ratio

The more I look at this QB class the more my asking price for Jimmy G goes up. Last year was a pretty weak QB class and still I don't think any of these guys are at the same level as Goff or Wentz. I think its debatable if you would even rate any of these guys higher than Paxton Lynch. In a vacuum I think they are late 1st round projects at best.

Watson has stepped up in big games but he's also been wildly inconsistent. It's gotta be hard for any team to spend a high draft pick on a guy who threw 17 picks last season and had as many multi interception games as he did games with 0 interceptions (5). I understand the intangibles are off the charts but accuracy issues and inconsistency are difficult things to look past when drafting a QB.

This could be big if true
Every year in the NFL Draft, there are some top prospects who are held back by injury during the pre-draft process. This year, one of the top talents in the 2017 NFL Draft will be in that category, as WalterFootball.com has learned from NFL sources that Ohio State safety Malik Hooker will be out 4-6 months after having hernia and labrum surgery.

WalterFootball.com: NFL Draft Rumor Mill

I doubt he would fall too far because it's not likely to impact his season, but he could fall into range of that #12 pick for Cleveland in a possible Jimmy G trade. There is no doubt he is a top 5-10 talent.

I doubt he would fall too far because it's not likely to impact his season, but he could fall into range of that #12 pick for Cleveland in a possible Jimmy G trade. There is no doubt he is a top 5-10 talent.

Hooker has all the desirable traits you look for in a safety, but he has a lot clean up technique wise.

He takes a lot of really bad angles, gets lost behind blockers, and looks for the kill shot hits instead of wrapping up guys.

At the same time, haven't seen many better when the ball is in the air. He has receiver hands and is always looking interception. His ability to change direction and go, don't seem like it should be possible for a guy his size. He just makes it look so effortless.

Lets make it easy for Cleveland.

2 2's this year. 3rd-4th next year.

32 and 3 2's would be deadly and we get a nice extra pick next year.

When playing some draft games . it's true . if you're outside of top 10 then the true value is to have as many picks as possible from the bottom of the 1st to the bottom of the 3rd. If Pats have only 32 Id be surprised if they use it and not trade down (in case they can get a trade partner of course).

Last edited:
Not good.

I feel bad for this kid.

Williams of Clemson is the best wide receiver in this draft class by a mile and a half.

However Davis, with his route running and body control, is the second best wide receiver in this draft class. Catches the ball with his hands, nice route tree and nice catch radius. If he runs well when healthy, he is a top 15 pick,

Check out @EliotCrist's Tweet: out @EliotCrist's Tweet: out @EliotCrist's Tweet:

Check out @EliotCrist's Tweet: 97192361914368?s=09

Check out @EliotCrist's Tweet:

Check out @EliotCrist's Tweet: Eliot Crist on Twitter

Someone had a top 10 pull blocks on Twitter and this was posted in the thread.

Beautiful esp for a hs'r.

Check out @JENKScoachGWOOD's Tweet:

Check out @ChaseGoodbread's Tweet:

Check out @BenFennell_NFL's Tweet: out @BenFennell_NFL's Tweet: out @BenFennell_NFL's Tweet: the NFL likes Miami TE David Njoku?

Text from a NFL scout: "Our TE coach said it's the most upside he's ever seen in a TE prospect."

Brugler

Check out @PirateLifeFF's Tweet:

@ChaseGoodbread's Tweet:

Think the NFL likes Miami TE David Njoku?

Text from a NFL scout: "Our TE coach said it's the most upside he's ever seen in a TE prospect."

Check out @WurthDraft's Tweet:

Check out @MattHarmon_BYB's Tweet:

Check out @MattHarmon_BYB's Tweet:

I feel bad for this kid.

Williams of Clemson is the best wide receiver in this draft class by a mile and a half.

However Davis, with his route running and body control, is the second best wide receiver in this draft class. Catches the ball with his hands, nice route tree and nice catch radius. If he runs well when healthy, he is a top 15 pick,

Disagree. I look at Williams and see a good WR but he doesn't have anything that seperates him from a lot of NFL WRs besides his height. He is pretty good at nearly everything but jack of all trades master of none usually doesn't make for a good draft prospect particularly at WR.

I don't see the athletic ability to be a true difference maker. He seems to me more like a Sanu than AJ Green. Yes a solid all around WR but not the guy you want to be a #1.

Corey Davis to me looks like a #1 WR. He really is a mirror image of Demaryius Thomas. His YAC ability for his size is off the charts. I honestly think he can be that kind of player. He shows me more quickness and top speed than Williams. Williams finishes his routes well but Davis can create after his routes.

Do your job!

unfortunately his stock is rising big time at the moment

I think that's ok. With all the talent at running back, he's still firmly outside the first tier ( fournette, cook) and the second (mccaffrey, foreman, kamara, gallman) and probably Samuel and mixon as well.

If you need to use a 3rd rounder, that's been the typical pats cost for a rb.

I could see him dropping a bit with injury concerns. He's one of the best safety's I've ever seen, and he's only been playing for one year. I'd be all over this kid with Cleveland's pick.

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back