PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2016 Training Camp Day 16 (8-17-16) {Final Joint Practice w/Bears}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worried about Sheard, but no one is talking much that Mclelin is absent this Bears practices

We have so many good cornerbacks the only 2 I don't feel sick about releasing is Bentley and Biggers.
What if we trade Logan Ryan and Marcus Cannon for Josh Gordon?
Or trade Duron Harmon or Logan Ryan for a decent to good running back or o line?
I don't like the idea of trading Ryan but I doubt BB resigns him and Butler.
Whoever is finding these DBs give them a raise and a promotion seriously.

Sudfeld's going to be the next Gronk!

Worried about Sheard, but no one is talking much that Mclelin is absent this Bears practices

Not worried. If something was bad there would be a report by now.

Pats

#1 Zoltan Mesko
#2 BenJarvus Green-Ellis
#3 Michael Hoomanawanui
#4 Dont'a Hightower
#5 Earthwind Moreland

Top 5 pats names that come to mind. Even our players names put the bears to shame.

How could you forget:

Shockmain Davis
Sir Mawn Wilson

Sudfeld's going to be the next Gronk!
Yeah and Brady will be the next oh wait a minute.
Butler will be the o yeah wait a minute.
Stephen Neal wont make this roster
David Patten wont make this roster
Dion Lewis what a scrub signing off the trash heap.
They are making plays over and over again Ryan is a free agent do you really want to see one of our young salary cap cheap players go to one of our rivals?

Like we did with Jones and Mankins and Seymour we can control where they go.

Ryan will not be on the team next year unless we pick him over Butler.
Im sure BB has thought about this possibility.
So to strike it down and bring up Sudfield which is fair he didnt live up to the hype doesnt mean any or all of Jones,Leblanc, Roberts wont be impact players.

Yeah and Brady will be the next oh wait a minute.
Butler will be the o yeah wait a minute.
Stephen Neal wont make this roster
David Patten wont make this roster
Dion Lewis what a scrub signing off the trash heap.
They are making plays over and over again Ryan is a free agent do you really want to see one of our young salary cap cheap players go to one of our rivals?

I want people to not be ridiculously homer/hater when it comes to players. It shouldn't be a problem, yet we get the same nonsense every training camp.

So we will get scant reports from here on out likely but at least we have preseason games.

We will likely have a good handle on where CB and WR is going through these games. Guard is going to be where we may see some surprises cause we have no news on Cooper and likely won't get much. On OT I am hoping for a surprise but i doubt it.

As fun as it would be to get more info but most of the answers we wanted we got. I feel like the roster is narrowed down to 60 players of note and there is clarity on the pecking order mostly.

Last edited:
With this roster so stacked I can see BB taking the cap hit and moving on from Cooper. We got the 2nd rounder and 8Mi in cap space for other signings out of that trade so it is what it is. Is a one year rental after all, if this guy is not a day 1 starter he is not worth any extra privilege because he was expensive.

Some report about practice, with short interviews of Jimmy and David Andrews who made patriots answer about difference between Grap and Brady at 1:15
Link:

Last edited:
Like how none of the players took the bait and gave thoughtful team first answers.
Would like to see Gaffney show more speed in his game.
Running backs who could be trade or free agent candidates I'm still keeping a eye on.

What did Sheard hurt again? I haven't seen like 1 report on him or his condition

As fun as it would be to get more info but most of the answers we wanted we got. I feel like the roster is narrowed down to 60 players of note and there is clarity on the peeking order mostly.

I followed along up to a point...you lost me at peeking order...... :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back