PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2014 Mock Draft ~ Final Exams!!

Off The Grid

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
*** Please Don't Post Mocks Until Saturday Night ~ this is explained right below!! ***

I'll save this and then haul it out periodically, over the Years.

01 ~ This is the idea: After the Draft is completed, but before the end of the Night on Memorial Day, anyone who cares to can post a Mock Draft in this Thread based on the actual Draft.

02 ~ Better yet, if you wish: Your entire OffSeason MasterPlan, including Free Agents & Trades!!

Make it as simple or as complex as you wish!! All are Welcome!! :D

Purpose? Virtually every Mock Draft that is ever created gets blown up by the Draft, itself, because so many of our Mock Picks ~ the Prospects themselves ~ get drafted before we'd've drafted them.

Thus, it does no good to say "Hah!! I drafted "That Guy" in my Mock!!" because you couldn't have.

That's why I came up with the idea of Final Exams, because that provides genuine Bragging Rights.

The Rules, for those who wish to play, are simple:

1 ~ Create a Mock Draft, with as many Trades and as many twists and turns, Picks for Players, and Players for Picks, as you please, based on the actual order of Selection in the 2014 NFL Draft.

2 ~ Post it by Dawn, the day after Memorial Day: That's the day most Teams start Practice.

That's it!! If ludicrous Trades are proposed, the Perpetrators will of course be pointed to and laughed at, their Mocks ignored and shunned...But I leave it to all of you to Judge that as ye see fit!! :D

*** Please Don't Post Mocks Until Saturday Night ~ this is explained above!! ***

Last edited:
I would participate in this but I'm spending the weekend at a music festival around then and will be in no state of mind to complete that. It should make for some good "recovery" reading though.

There is a 16 day window within which to get your Final Mock Draft out.

Anytime from this Saturday Night to the morning of Tuesday the 27th.

If...you...dare!! :eek:

Pissed off about Dominique Easley?? :eek:

Match Wits with Mad Bill and tell us all what you would've done...starting tomorrow night!! :D

Hate the Garoppolo Pick?? :mad:

Think you would've done better??
39.gif

Fire'm up, Brother Pats Fans!! Starting tonight!! :D

*Seriously: I hope y'all will play!!

What better challenge than to match wits with the Legend, himself?? :eek:

Draft redo. Lot of players I liked were drafted earlier than expected.

29. Dominique Easley glad they had the balls to gamble on greatness
62. Jimmy Garropolo I'm fine with the pick
105. Jordan Tripp or Christian Jones or Kevin Pierre-Louis
130. Justin Ellis
140. Brandon Coleman
179. Antoine Exum
198. Colt Lyerla
206. Logan Thomas
244. Nikita Whitlock

Belichick has got nothing on this draft. He is about to meet his match to this online know it all.

29. Dominique Easley glad they had the balls to gamble on greatness
62. Jimmy Garropolo I'm fine with the pick
105. Jordan Tripp or Christian Jones or Kevin Pierre-Louis
130. Justin Ellis
140. Brandon Coleman
179. Antoine Exum
198. Colt Lyerla
206. Logan Thomas
244. Nikita Whitlock

Belichick has got nothing on this draft. He is about to meet his match to this online know it all.

Wow.
Every single one of those guys in on my Hit List. :eek:

Hopefully, they'll all be available at those slots!! Beautiful freaking Mock, Brother Missile!!
beer.gif

29. Dominique Easley glad they had the balls to gamble on greatness.

When you have a draft with a few blue chip prospects, next to no QB's that excite and only about 15 to 20 red chip prospects, then you see players being drafted higher or lower than anyone thought. There are just so many players in this draft that all have about the same grade, making each teams preferences really hard to figure.

Some teams like Philly are drafting for need versus following the board. an that really be healthy long term for a team?

The Easley pick is so un-Bill like. He has never before gambled with so high a pick. Easley is a boom or medical bust player.

This is only the second time I can remember where we overdrafted someone in the first round because we were afraid another team would take him. (Ty Warren was the other)

When you have a draft with a few blue chip prospects, next to no QB's that excite and only about 15 to 20 red chip prospects, then you see players being drafted higher or lower than anyone thought. There are just so many players in this draft that all have about the same grade, making each teams preferences really hard to figure.

Some teams like Philly are drafting for need versus following the board. an that really be healthy long term for a team?

The Easley pick is so un-Bill like. He has never before gambled with so high a pick. Easley is a boom or medical bust player.

This is only the second time I can remember where we overdrafted someone in the first round because we were afraid another team would take him. (Ty Warren was the other)

Pretty bold statement, that, Brother Ochmed!! :eek:

What makes you so sure? Can you provide Evidence or Testimony? I'd be very interested, indeed. :cool:

All right, Ladies & Laddies...If you'd care to play ~ and I hope you will!! ~ we have until the morning of May 27th to match wits with Coach Bill II The Mad (Genius) himself!!

What will it take to get banned/disappear from?:(

Are you trying to say that you don't want to see this Thread?

If so, that's pretty uncharacteristically rude, Bro: I have no interest in half the Threads in this Forum that bounce around the top of the page, but I don't go into those Threads to announce my lack of interest or to imply that I find their existence so offensive that I'd like them struck from my sight.

I don't disparage them, as you just have.

I simply ignore them, and allow others to pursue their interests as I expect them to allow me mine.

Sort of ~ you know ~ acting like a decent human being and all.

It's not as if anyone's making you click on this Thread and comment.

I'm simply trying to drum up interest in a new concept ~ one that seems pretty fun, at least to me.

And it's one that has only 15 more days to go, so I figured a daily gently reminder would be useful.

People do forget, you know.

And it's not like it's a Pop Up Add or something that gets in your face.

Apologies to all for the rant: Rudeness sets me off, you see.

By the way...

I wouldn't claim that I've personally felt the need to have any particular Thread struck from my sight ~ Scrolling is a wonderful concept ;) ~ but as the old Forum had an "Ignore" Feature, I'd be surprised if the new, rather awesome Forum lacked it...Meanwhile, perhaps I'll ease off on my relentless Spamming. :rolleyes:

By the way...

I can't say that I've personally felt the need to have any particular Thread struck from my sight ~ Scrolling is a wonderful concept ;) ~ but as the old Forum included an "Ignore" Feature, I'd be surprised if the new and awesome Forum lacked one...Meanwhile, perhaps I'll ease off on my relentless Spamming. :rolleyes:

I "truly" don't remember most things/cause that "the" only way for me to deal with daily stresses.

By the way, how do you use the "ignore" feature because I need to test it out on only "1" member!!!!

Thnx in advance.

Sircole

By the way, how do you use the "ignore" feature because I need to test it out on only "1" member!!!!

Thnx in advance.

Sircole

Heh!! Is it me you'll be ignoring?? I can't resist the Irony!! :D

All you have to do is click on the member's Name, right below their Avatar on the left...And it will give you an handful of options. The "Ignore" option is on the right, right next to "Follow." :)

Ras-I was picked at 33. No difference really. I don't think BB has as good a handle on this new-age spread and play in space football that he had Pre-03 AFCCG. Struggling with the types of athletes to stop it. That's one of the reasons he's buddies with Urban Meyer. Said he got ideas for the spread from him. And, Chip Kelly too. Supposedly, spent some time with Garropolo's coach and Jimmy too. I told Mayo a month or two ago there is no way in heck I take Easley at 29. I'll stick with that opinion. I also would not take a qb at 62. We could have used a bigger wr or a rb. Would have been able to move up and take a guy like Allen Robinson or Carlos Hyde for nothing. C- for me. He better hope Easley stays healthy. I've also read mixed reports on Stork and Fleming. Some like them. Others, not so much. Time will tell. I'll put my 20/20 hindsight mock up later.

Sorry for my early reply. Was off to work and didn't really read it all the way through. Here it goes

29.29. Dominique Easley. Loved the pick by Bill. Courageous boom pick with a little concern over the knees. I'm glad he is still young, they should heal up good as new with all that natural testosterone and the best surgeon in he business.

62.75 Tre Mason. Possibly the best RB in this draft and had some great upside that have pushed Ridley to the brink. May have had impact year 1.

105.171 Jordan Tripp. Thought another LB was a need with Spikes and Fletcher departing. Think he may have had the tools to be a good coverage LB. Really pissed about this one. Could of also went Kevin Pierre-Louis at 130 or Telvin Smith at 140 for crying out loud they could of had any 3 of them. Big time downer for me again.

130.173 Wesley Johnson. Bill must not have been overly impressed. I'm more than fine with the Stork pick though. .

140.158 Caraun Reid. Nice DT in the middle for some depth.

179. 182 Antone Exum. Could of been a cornerback steal. Injuries most definitely impacted his draft status.

206.236 Jeff Janis. Small school Wr who had all the measureables.

244.247 Jonathan Dowling. Another safety that slipped through the cracks.

TEs and guards as undrafted free agents.

This would of been a draft that appealed to the masses and was doable based on the way the board fell. Thanks for all the work from the fellow posters in the draft forums. Most of this came from their hard work and they can sell their prospects very well to the average draftnick like myself. In a deep draft like this one you would hope for better. Personally it wasn't a very satisfying day because many of the names drafted were obscure and unrecognizable to most. However we all know it's not about the name, it is what do you bring to the team and can you play football? BB has trashed many a draft board in the past but has somehow came out ****ting gold with some of his work. To be honest if I had to critique this draft I wouldn't know where to begin. I'm fine with the QB pick but am also a little bothered by it. I understand it though.I like how they addressed the oline but baffled by the names. I don't know,without being a fly on the wall and really knowing how they scout and select players it's a mute point. They've done a great job in the past with occasional hiccups here and there but so have a lot of teams.

Saved to the archives to be opened up next year.

I grade my final draft redo a A+
I grade BB and his draft a C

Last edited:
Wow, I think OTG has a cool idea here, I cannot understand why you are so opposed to it? Even if you do not like the idea, suggesting OTG be banned is absurd, he is one of the most liked members on this board and conducts himself with grace and respect for others. I think you are overacting here, for many who mocked for months prior to the draft this will be a fun exercise.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back