PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2013/2018 Patriots: The striking similarities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody said didn’t care. They just seem more confident. For whatever reason.
I agree with Andy in the context of your post since you did imply that and then doubled down on it without saying the post was misread.

However, ignoring the attitude Tom Brady and company are displaying would be odd since its very not Patriot like. I personally love this attitude!

I agree with Andy in the context of your post since you did imply that and then doubled down on it without saying the post was misread.

However, ignoring the attitude Tom Brady and company are displaying would be odd since its very not Patriot like. I personally love this attitude!

Ummm no. Lack of fire as I am seeing now isn’t a lack of caring. It’s just more focused and on a different level. So I never, ever said they didn’t care. Thats putting words in my mouth.

Ummm no. Lack of fire as I am seeing now isn’t a lack of caring. It’s just more focused and on a different level. So I never, ever said they didn’t care. Thats putting words in my mouth.
They are definitely extremely focused. That much is true and it gives me more hope. Me? I'm expecting we enter KC and stun Arrowhead.

The biggest difference I see is that our offense is healthier and more potent than 2013. Pats only good receiver was Edelman who was not quite yet the player he is today. Heaving a bomb to Matthew Slater was evidence of how thin we were at receiver and tight end.

Our offense this season is much better IMO despite patches of ineffectiveness.

They are definitely extremely focused. That much is true and it gives me more hope. Me? I'm expecting we enter KC and stun Arrowhead.

Myself as well. I think that different level is they know something we don’t. They have the horses and probably a pretty sweet plan.

Myself as well. I think that different level is they know something we don’t. They have the horses and probably a pretty sweet plan.

They watched the same film I did and then some, they saw what I saw and then some..they should be highly confident on offense. If we stop them from scoring on 2 or more drives and don't turn the ball over more then them, we will win!

The potential for this 2018 team is far higher.

2013:

Running backs

Wide receivers

Tight ends

Lmao at that offense.

What an IR list. Wow.

Think Gronk has a field day? This crossed my mind.

In my opinion, yes. I think he has been kept under wraps for his protection and they didn’t need him last week. I haven’t felt as good about a road playoff game as I am about this one. I just can't shake it.

...I think the New England defense has made big strides in the last 6-7 weeks - is the underreported story of this team...
Hmmm...when have I heard that one before?

out of curiosity, what was the offensive and defensive rank of the 2013 team (points not yards)

i think this team its 4th in Offense and 7th in defense?

out of curiosity, what was the offensive and defensive rank of the 2013 team (points not yards)

i think this team its 4th in Offense and 7th in defense?

Correct.

2013 team was 3rd in offense and 10th in defense.

It's not irrational; in fact, it's extremely rational.

If you're attempting to argue the Patriots will lose based on the OP, how does comparing an entirely different team, albeit one with the name Patriots, playing an entirely different team, under entirely different circumstances, represent a logical premise to reach that conclusion?

I was arguing against the premise of the OP. 2013 has little to no relevance to 2018, thus is an irrational basis on which to predict the outcome this season. If you claim that is incorrect, then explain. Stating a bare conclusion is fairly meaningless if that is your point.

If your squib quote is attempting to imply my claiming the Pats will lose is irrational generally, not the point of the post. I leave the eternally optimistic souls here who seem to exist in a perpetual state of bewilderment as to how the lousy Pats seem to get as far as they do year after year for almost 2 decades to their own fates.

The potential for this 2018 team is far higher.

2013:

Running backs

Wide receivers

Tight ends

Lmao at that offense.

What an IR list. Wow.

Dola played with a torn groin muscle, Dobson never recovered from his foot injury, Thompkins fell apart after the Saints catch and Slater was running go routes in Denver.

Add in Talib getting picked by Welker and our defense was similarly toothless.

We actually have a more complete team now, the 2013 Team was an absolute patch job,
and the 2013 Broncos defense was legendary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back