PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2011 Free Agent "Let's Sign This Guy" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ochocinco interested in Patriots?

YouTube - Chad Ocho Cinco and Bill Belichick

I'd have him at the right price. His antics are more in fun, he's a weird guy to say the least, lol. He could actually help the younger guys in the lockerroom.

He'd be benched for the first quarter of every game at a minimum. You can admire someone's talent (albeit squandered) and enjoy their personality and antics from afar. Kinda like the deal with Randy. But it simply doesn't translate here.

A little too harsh on Ocho, Mo. 751 catches for over 10k yards for a 2nd-rate franchise is not squandering. if anybody has been squandering his talents is the Bengal franchise.

I'm not a fan of Ocho's mouth or his self-absorption, but as a football player and what he has accomplished, hes had a pretty darn good career.

Last edited:

Revis and Cromartie vs 85 and some fool.

You would still be on Revis Island and AlCROtraz

Pats game is over, go bother Steelers fans.

42 years, you still haven't won the SB yet and remember how many free agents you have to deal with not to mention that Cro could walk and you paid a 2nd round pick for him.

blah blah blah...

excuse me while I whip this out

17451d1239032234-whats-most-expensive-deck-youve-built-258troll_spray.jpg

Let's go for it. I don't think it will cost much to get him. Hopefully he can bring some great celebrations when the pats stomp the jets in the meadow lands week 2 :rocker: .

From what I read, this is the first year he was reputed to have lost something. He used to be known for going over the middle fearlessly.

The Patriots could certainly use his skillset, but it may not be worth it if he truly is toasted.

The Patriots have such a young team, and they have so much money under the old salary cap, that they could afford a Vincent Jackson. Whether that would ever actually happen is another story altogether.

We should make a free agency thread/topic forum thing.(like the draft has at the top of the page). So we can have different topics on different players without spamming the general forum.

Ochocinco played his heart out for the Bengals. THE BENGALS. What would he do if he knew he had a shot at a ring?

NOTE: MadBacker has been removed from this thread.

Our offense is already unstopable... we still scored 21 points... and should have had more.

We need nothing but Defense, and some grizzled vets with 3-4 years that are hungry for a shot at a ring.

2011 NFL Free Agents:

(1) Logan Mankins
(2) Matt Light

Signing additional free agents depends on how much the New England Patriots will be under the 2011 salary cap, whatever that will be.

Time to get this thread revved up some more, I guess.

I say just pay Nnamdi. Admittedly, I haven't watched nearly as much of his game as I have Revis... but if they're really on the same level, then I don't care, just pay him $13-14 million and get him in here. We can structure it the best way possible for cap purposes and still be looking pretty in that regard. He wants to win more than anything else, and he's about as stand-up of a guy as you can get. Just do it. I can't handle seeing Braylon beat our losers one-on-one over and over again.

Good post.
DW Toys

I would take Ocho Cinco and Nnamdi Asomaugh in a heartbeat.... No resevations whatsoever.....

Re-Sign Mankins
Carl Nicks-G New Orleans saints, if he fits what we do, I haven't seen enough of him but he was praised heavily last season from what I remember
Steven Smith- WR Giants, he does a lot of what Branch does with less wear and tear, he could fit what we do in Tate's spot.
or
Vincent Jackson- WR Saints, tall, physical, great hands, goes up and gets the ball, excellent deep threat and tough enough to go over the middle. If the Jets game showed us anything its that we can be beat by teams that are physical with our stronger wideouts and clutter the middle. VJax takes away that option and adds the element that we've been missing since the old moss left.
Ahmad Bradshaw- RB Giants, price might be an issue as well as his habit of putting the rock on the ground but thats an issue that can be fixed. Great speed and tough between the tackles. Always falls forward and has the ability to make people miss good hands as well. Would be the perfect back to complement BJGE. Either him or Smith will be tagged and its most like like Bradshaw.

Last edited:
Re-Sign Mankins
Carl Nicks-G New Orleans saints, if he fits what we do, I haven't seen enough of him but he was praised heavily last season from what I remember
Nicks is too big for the Patriots. He'd be the heaviest OL on the team by 25 pounds. He was also arguably the best guard in the NFL this season, so he's going to get paid.

Nicks is too big for the Patriots. He'd be the heaviest OL on the team by 25 pounds. He was also arguably the best guard in the NFL this season, so he's going to get paid.

ok, I really didn't know much about what he did in NO but heard good things about him. The other guy I like for our scheme is Ryan Kalil from the panthers.

Davin Joseph
Jonathan Goodwin
Mathias Kiwanuka
Alan Branch

As far as Ocho Cinco goes. Do not want. He and BB would be like oil and water. Ocho loves to talk to the media and get 'creative' with his TD celebrations, etc. Wes Welker got freaking BENCHED for his fairly harmless presser. Ocho Cinco would be in BB's doghouse from the moment he opened his mouth. It's just NOT gonna work.

And yes, you do claim to see the future when you make statements like "There is no sure fire impact DE" or "This Draft class is poop". You can't possibly know how this draft class is going to turn out. Also, 2006 was actually a pretty decent year.

I've got to disagree with that statement.

Here's who we picked in 2006.
Only one of them is with the team now in ANY capacity, albeit he's injured so he missed the playoffs and the latter portion of the year.
And please do not give me the Maroney was a good pick argument or you will lose all credibility.

The only guy we got who stuck was the KICKER. Do you have any idea how bad it is to get only a kicker out of an entire draft class?

I believe you were referring to 2007, which was an absolutely horrible draft class...

And no. I don't talk like I am a know it all. I talk like someone who knows a LOT, but not everything. Unlike you, I admit when I am wrong and I am always looking to learn.

And the 2007 draft was not a failure. The Pats netted Meriweather (ok he's not great but he's something), Moss, and Welker. Welker is still a key piece to the offense and Moss was a beast for 3 seasons before age caught up to him. And on top of that they got back an early 3rd rounder for Moss in the upcoming draft.

Here is Reiss on the subject of the 2007 draft.
Looking back at the 2007 Patriots draft - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back