He wants $18 mil

/thread

Re: Larry Fitzgerald Anyone?

nnamdi asomaugh services are needed more. darius BUSTler will be cut soon

Defense Wins Championships

nnamdi asomaugh services are needed more. darius BUSTler will be cut soon

problem is i hear the jets are high on his list, and probably even moreso now that the jets are advancing.

He wants $18 mil

/thread

Moss took less to play here. Not a guarantee Fitz would, but to play with Brady is not the worse thing. If we go move up into the top ten to Draft a WR, it could be expensive and not one NFL catch. TB will not be here forever Cousins. Waiting for a break through on a young WR is foolish in my opinion if you can get a young talent like Fitz. AZ needs many picks.

Why is this a panic move to sign a young receiver who is a Team player and down field blocker, who is smart and frees up Welker and Branch? People here do not mention that although the Pats on a whole were productive. the Moss loss finally caught up to them (maybe very slightly) yesterday. Moss made Wes Welker a better player. Wes maybe the best #2 WR in the business but clearly not a #1.

I admit I was a Steve Smith fan. I could see him as a Pat. But yesterday he would have gotten swallowed up by those two CBs. We need to stretch the field with a bigger WR and all you need is one guy to cover Tate.
DW Toys

He wants $18 mil

/thread

Well, we can't give him that, but that's what he wants in Arizona, where they have who at QB?

Maybe if he gets Tom Brady he'll change his mind.

problem is i hear the jets are high on his list, and probably even moreso now that the jets are advancing.

He also said he might stay in OAK.

Guy's a free agent I think, and I can't believe he's happy with the QB situation in Arizona.

Now, I don't want him to be another Moss. I love the balance we have with the TEs and Branch/Welker, we just need a No 1 receiver. Like a better version of David Patten, or you could say a more balanced Randy Moss (as in he can do more than just stretch the field).

What do you guys think?

Not a FA but does have an out in his contract after 2011. AZ is trying to resign him. He knows they are years away.
DW Toys

I've read that the Jets can't afford him since they're already way over what the salary cap is expected to be next year and they still have to sign about a 3rd of their starters who are free agents. Pats are in great shape and the only big resigning they would pursue is mankins

Time to get this thread revved up some more, I guess.

I say just pay Nnamdi. Admittedly, I haven't watched nearly as much of his game as I have Revis... but if they're really on the same level, then I don't care, just pay him $13-14 million and get him in here. We can structure it the best way possible for cap purposes and still be looking pretty in that regard. He wants to win more than anything else, and he's about as stand-up of a guy as you can get. Just do it. I can't handle seeing Braylon beat our losers one-on-one over and over again.

Last edited:
Stop, STOP right now, don't encourage Nephew Toys. :nono:

A yes. The truth hurts. Let me ask you cousin? Which Team did you like better? Our 2007 Team or this one with all the picks? One honest answer please! Yes....I thought so.

Other than Brady. This Team has no where near the heart of 2007. That Team had a great FA and trade build. I am not discounting the Draft. But at 17% NFL success rate for a top tier player, I would rather use the Draft to trade for some young established talent in a weak Draft such as this to get better....now.
DW Toys

Time to get this thread revved up some more, I guess.

I say just pay Nnamdi. Admittedly, I haven't watched nearly as much of his game as I have Revis... but if they're really on the same level, then I don't care, just pay him $13-14 million and get him in here. We can structure it the best way possible for cap purposes and still be looking pretty in that regard. He wants to win more than anything else, and he's about as stand-up of a guy as you can get. Just do it. I can't handle seeing Braylon beat our losers one-on-one over and over again.

Too much for what he brings to the table. Losers?? D. McCourty is fine and will become one of the best cb's in the league. L. Bodden will be back and is a decent cb. Need to improve the pass rush and you will improved play from the secondary.

Too much for what he brings to the table. Losers?? D. McCourty is fine and will become one of the best cb's in the league. L. Bodden will be back and is a decent cb. Need to improve the pass rush and you will improved play from the secondary.
McCourty is young and promising, even if he had a down game. But Butler and Arrington are seeing significant snaps every game... and I don't think we can ever expect them to be starting defenders on a championship-caliber team.

And I like Bodden too, but what can we expect from him when he gets back? Risky.

And I couldn't agree more with the pass rush statement. But every year we say that... and I've pretty much lost any hope in us finding a solution there.

Ochocinco interested in Patriots?

I think we knew he'd like to be here.

Chad Ochocinco, a New England Patriot? The controversial wide receiver posted a Tweet on Monday saying “PePe and Bill #EPIC.” (PePe is one of his nicknames.)

Patriots coach Bill Belichick and Ochocinco go back all the way to 2001, when Belichick worked him out as a collegian. They have maintained a friendship over the last few years, and it certainly sounds like the Patriots’ coach as a real admiration for Ochocinco and vice versa.

“I like Chad — I like him as a player. I like him as a person,” Belichick said. “I like his enthusiasm and the fun he has with football, and I like how he competes on the football field. I have a lot of respect for that.

“[We’re] an odd couple, but in the end I think we have a lot of things in common.”

“It became a relationship beyond just a football player and a coach. He became a friend of mine,” Ochocinco said of their relationship. “He has a lot of respect for me in my game and I have a lot of respect for him in everything he’s done as a coach.

“We just became really close and fond of each other’s work. He’s one that I look up to tremendously, one that I’ve never played for, but I show the same respect as if he was my own head coach.”

Ochocinco interested in Patriots?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Ochocinco interested in Patriots?

Interesting, not sure if he is worth the potential headaches though. I do love the NFL films clip where Bill talks to Chad before the game and says how he is going to double him all day and Chad begs him not to do it.

He'd be benched for the first quarter of every game at a minimum. You can admire someone's talent (albeit squandered) and enjoy their personality and antics from afar. Kinda like the deal with Randy. But it simply doesn't translate here.

do NOT want...rather have no deep threat than that guy

Don't know how he'd do as a Patriot, but I think it would be interesting for sure.

Bill would probably have him change his name back to Johnson though.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind him coming. But the whole jersey number thing...Hernandez is 85, so either Hernandez would need to change his number or Ochocinco would have to change his name (or just look stupid).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back