PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2008 Draft Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Connor is too small and slow for the Pats D.
I'd like Groves or Avril.
Cinci would be a good team to trade with.
I don't think groves gets past Philly cos they always take the players we want. :mad:

Heres the thing with Groves, he is a dog ****er who is invisible 90% of the time. Shows no effort to mix things up and avoids contact. Plus he has some sort of heart issue, I know that he has a 'letter' that says he is ok but football coaches are not doctors they see it as a red flag.

Basically Groves has no heart and has an injured heart...

With that said I am sure they will trade up to get him as soon as I hit submit...

I can't help it. I know it's not a need, but I can't help but notice DeSean Jackson and Limas Sweed are still there at receiver.

I can't help it. I know it's not a need, but I can't help but notice DeSean Jackson and Limas Sweed are still there at receiver.

Not a need per se, but with our "#2" receiver being either Gaffney or Chad Jackson, some young competition wouldn't be a bad thing if the Pats have him rated highly.

i exhale every time i dont hear the word auburn....EVERY time...LOL

humm, i thought it would have been groves and a WR to the eagles. Lets see if they select a WR here.

As someone said here, perhaps groves has a bit of a red flag on him and teams are not willing to take a chance on him.

that said, if he is around at the end of the second round, its a steal.

Arizona (#50) and TB (#52) are good trading partners. NFC teams with no multiple rounds picks in draft.

Just trust in them I really think they are going to go CB this round. and was anyone else shcoked by the Rb run that went down

humm, i thought it would have been groves and a WR to the eagles. Lets see if they select a WR here.

As someone said here, perhaps groves has a bit of a red flag on him and teams are not willing to take a chance on him.

that said, if he is around at the end of the second round, its a steal.

Character AND durability concerns it seems. You're absolutely right though, if he's around at 62, man oh man...

Desean Jackson to the eagles.

i'm not a big college football guy, but wasnt Mario Mannigham considered a really good WR? What happened? Was he one of the guys who admitted he did pot or is he injured.

Eagles get Desean Jackson in round 2. That's a bargain for the speedster.
I hope the Pats move up soon... Washington is looking for a passrusher. It would make sense to leapfrog them.

Jump up for Groves now, if we can't get a CB, let's get a pass rusher, do it now BB

Hi Guys
Im looking for a radio, I usually listen to 950/850, which i couldnt get today, somethings blocking it here.

Does anyone know a good radio which doesnt require a zipcode, im from UK. My irish family are from Maine so love all boston teams, even the bruins ;) lol.

Im trying to follow celtics and draft , any ideas

Ben

Hey if Groves goes, what do you guys think of a sliding Dan Connor?, talk about a pair of LB's for the future with Mayo and Connor.

i'm not a big college football guy, but wasnt Mario Mannigham considered a really good WR? What happened? Was he one of the guys who admitted he did pot or is he injured.

He ran a slow 40, tested positive for pot and lied about it, while scoring real bad on the wonderlic. He' supposed to go late 2nd maybe at best.

Last edited:
Hey if Groves goes, what do you guys think of a sliding Dan Connor?, talk about a pair of LB's for the future with Mayo and Connor.
I know he's small and slow and everyone here says he's a nogo for our system, but I can't help but love the kid - high motor, good football mind, goes hard every down and tackles...maybe he's not Mayo starting on day 1, but I have to think he's an interesting backup with a learning curve. With that said, there is probably zero chance we take him. I was pretty high on Puz last year too, and that didn't work out too well for Buff so I'll just assume I don't really know anything.

edit: I guess we'll see Groves at Jax. Is Avril next on the high OLB board for us?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand