PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2006 Pro Bowl Rosters

Status
Not open for further replies.
huskeralk said:
12.5 sacks and 60 tackles on the Titans D line. He's got alot better numbers than Dwigth Freeney yet somehow Freeney is going to the Pro Bowl. Like I said, more times than not, it's all about the name.

yup yup. Just like when I was 12, and I was head and shoulders above everyone else on my sad baseball team. Only I didnt get picked to the all star game because my teammates father was a coach!

emoney_33 said:
yup yup. Just like when I was 12, and I was head and shoulders above everyone else on my sad baseball team. Only I didnt get picked to the all star game because my teammates father was a coach!

LOL, I'll put you in the disagree category then. Seymour still doesnt belong by the way. :p

huskeralk said:
12.5 sacks and 60 tackles on the Titans D line. He's got alot better numbers than Dwigth Freeney yet somehow Freeney is going to the Pro Bowl. Like I said, more times than not, it's all about the name.

Why didn't site Freeney in your original post?

Besides everyone, well almost everyone, knows that Pro Bowl selections are usually a year behind actual performance.

You must look at a full glass as half empty.

PATSNUTme said:
Why didn't site Freeney in your original post?

Besides everyone, well almost everyone, knows that Pro Bowl selections are usually a year behind actual performance.

You must look at a full glass as half empty.

I guess I didn't really mention his name in my first post but #2 and the Vanden Bosch snub was directly aimed at him, or his position anyway.

huskeralk said:
LOL, I'll put you in the disagree category then. Seymour still doesnt belong by the way. :p

disagree with what category??

Why doesnt Seymour belong? He is the best DL in the NFL.
You are going to keep him out because he was hurt?

Mike Vick on a Pro Bowl team is a total joke.

PatsWorldChamps said:
Mike Vick on a Pro Bowl team is a total joke.

Although he isnt the best... I <3 Mike... give him a few years and i can see him being very good.

although i dont see why he went, when mark brunell is doing better -.-

AndyJohnson said:
Why doesnt Seymour belong? He is the best DL in the NFL.
You are going to keep him out because he was hurt?

In a word....YES!!

Vick belongs in the pro-bowl. As a running back.

If they outlawed QB running, Vick wouldn't be among the best 60 QBs in the NFL.

He is a horrible passer. Lately it seems that his running isnt amounting to any points either.

It is kind of sad to me that a guy who pretty much stinks at the real requirements of the position is considered an all-star, because he has the talents that belong at another position.

Its all wonderful to bring something extra to a position, but when you dont have the basics, it doesnt really matter.

huskeralk said:
Ty Law didn't really seem to fit in there either but people vote for names when they don't know who else to vote for.

I believe Ty did not give up a single TD the whole season.

While had he had a bunch of penalities in the first 8 games, he has 0 penalty the last 5 games.

In addition to his 6 INTs, here are what he did:

He held Chambers to 4 for 34 yds, Moss 2 for 18, Deion Branch 5 for 44, Horn 4 for 47, and Steve Smith 3 for 34

Last edited:
mikey said:
I believe Ty did not give up a single TD the whole season.

While had he had a bunch of penalities in the first 8 games, he has 0 penalty the last 5 games.

In addition to his 6 INTs, here are what he did:

He held Chambers to 4 for 34 yds, Moss 2 for 18, Deion Branch 5 for 44, Horn 4 for 47, and Steve Smith 3 for 34

The Jets play cover2. Corners dont 'hold receivers' to anything in cover2.
Im not saying he sucked, but his team is 3-11 and his own coach has criticized his play.

The ridiculous part of it to me is that he deserved many pro-bowl appearances that he did not get here, and gets one he does not deserve there.

Vick in the Pro Bowl is a TRAVESTY

huskeralk said:
Look at the competition in the NFC. He may not be a great true qb but from the qb postion, he is still a deadly weapon with his legs.

Lets see Seymore doesn't belong in the Pro Bowl because someone else has better stats, Yet Vick who is ONLY AHEAD OF TWO TO THREE QBs in the NFC in EVERY major statistical catagory but deserves to go...hhhmmm.

Comp % a whopping 54.3% (13th out of 16) YPA 6.34 (14th out of 16) Rat 71.8 (13th out of 16) In his 13 games this year he has averaged 164 yds passing...Last time I checked passing WAS a requirement for a QB in the NFL...even in the NFC. IF you add his 41 yds per game rushing "skills" this season it ends up a whopping 205 yards of offense contributes to the Falcons. Warrick Dunn is TWICE the running back VICK could ever be. He is too fragile and throws a hissy fit when someone lands on him. All I keep hearing is how he will get better. Next year, next year, in a few years...again rated at the BOTTOM of EVERY MAJOR QB STAT....205 yards of TOTAL OFFENSE per game....whoo hoo....oh yeah and turns the ball over like a machine.

pats-blue said:
Lets see Seymore doesn't belong in the Pro Bowl because someone else has better stats, Yet Vick who is ONLY AHEAD OF TWO TO THREE QBs in the NFC in EVERY major statistical catagory but deserves to go...hhhmmm.

Comp % a whopping 54.3% (13th out of 16) YPA 6.34 (14th out of 16) Rat 71.8 (13th out of 16) In his 13 games this year he has averaged 164 yds passing...Last time I checked passing WAS a requirement for a QB in the NFL...even in the NFC. IF you add his 41 yds per game rushing "skills" this season it ends up a whopping 205 yards of offense contributes to the Falcons. Warrick Dunn is TWICE the running back VICK could ever be. He is too fragile and throws a hissy fit when someone lands on him. All I keep hearing is how he will get better. Next year, next year, in a few years...again rated at the BOTTOM of EVERY MAJOR QB STAT....205 yards of TOTAL OFFENSE per game....whoo hoo....oh yeah and turns the ball over like a machine.

Okay....you have good points about Vick. Although like I said, with a qb like Vick it's a little more complicated than your typical passer rating. Oh yeah, and Seymour still doesn't belong in the Pro Bowl.

AndyJohnson said:
The Jets play cover2. Corners dont 'hold receivers' to anything in cover2.
Im not saying he sucked, but his team is 3-11 and his own coach has criticized his play.

The ridiculous part of it to me is that he deserved many pro-bowl appearances that he did not get here, and gets one he does not deserve there.
I'm not sure why you are trying to minimize his accomplisment this year.

The 3-11 record is not his fault but is attributable to the Jets playing their 4th string QB.

His coach did not criticize his play, but his propensity for penalties. Ty immediately rectified the situation and commited zero penalty afterward.

As to his "holding" Chambers to 4 catches for 34 yards, that came from the NY Times article: "The announcement came three days after Law held the Dolphins' Chris Chambers, who had 29 receptions in the previous three games, to 4 catches for 34 yards."

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/22/sports/football/22jets.html

From the games I saw, the opposing QBs were avoiding Law. It is therefore more remarkable that he hauled in 6 interceptions with the paltry opportunities he had of intercepting the ball.

There is a good chance Law will be back with the Pats. Belichick tried to convince him to return just before the signed with the Jets. When the season is over, I am sure Belichick will try to convince him again to come back home.

mikey said:
As to his "holding" Chambers to 4 catches for 34 yards, that came from the NY Times article: "The announcement came three days after Law held the Dolphins' Chris Chambers, who had 29 receptions in the previous three games, to 4 catches for 34 yards."

Yes, the NY Times...renowned for its sports reporting. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back