Status
Not open for further replies.
How about January 12 1986
New England 31
Miami 14

February 3, 2002
New England 20
St. Louis 17

Agh, that 86 game. My favorite game of all time. Everyone knew the Pats would lose that game. I knew it, the fans knew it and the Dolphins knew it. I just wanted a good fight. The total beat-down the Pats put on the Dolphins that afternoon was fantastic. The stuff that dreams are made of.

IIRC, Pats were behind 20-0 and Bledsoe rallied them to a tie and victory in overtime that started the Pats turnaround.

I skipped my buddy's wedding for this game (just the church, we made it to the reception). It was a heck of a moment, not sure about turning point though.

They ended up divorced anyway, so no harm no foul.... ;)

I thought Brady was on his way to replacing Drew during that 01 season. That was the first year I had a satellite dish. Dish Network. They didn't have Sunday Ticket. But, you could choose what city you picked your local channels from. I chose Boston of course. Got all of the Pre-season and reg. season games. Brady moved the team in pre-season with the short passing game we were suited for. There were whispers he was a better fit for this team than Drew. Sean Jefferson was gone and Glenn was talking himself out of the door. We didn't have the weapons for a deep passing game. I'm not a Bledsoe hater by any means. But, we were 5-11 in 2000 and struggling out of the gate in 01 before the Mo Lewis hit. There was a pretty good chance Brady wins the job late in 01 or 02. No Super Bowl in 01. But, Tom Brady was going to qb at some point for this team.

I actually saw him once in college. They came to PSU his senior year and he rallied Michigan from a 10pt deficit in the last 7-8 minutes of a game in 99. That PSU defense had C. Brown, L. Arrington, B. Short, B. Jue and some other good players. He also led Michigan in a great comeback against Alabama in the Orange Bowl. I've always been in favor of drafting qb's in the mid-rounds like GB did with Brunell and Hasslebeck.

Bringing Parcell in and Robert Kraft buying the team were the two biggest moves. Without the Tuna, doubtful Belichick ever gets on Kraft's radar later.

1994 vs Minnesota- W 26-20 OT

2003 @ Miami- W 19-13 OT
I don't see how either of those games qualify as "turning points" in franchise history. The Minnesota game certainly would be a turning point if we looked ONLY at the 1994 season, but really it did not have a huge impact on the history of the Patriots franchise.

As others in this thread have pointed out, the #1 turning point in the history of this franchise was 10 years ago when Mo Lewis knocked Drew Bledsoe into the middle of next year. It was on that day the Patriots went from an abysmal 5-13 under Belichick to a team capable of being a dynasty.

And to those who say Belichick was going to replace Bledsoe with Brady anyway, fact is that it wasn't going to happen week 3 of the 2001 season. It would have happened much later - too late to salvage that season and bring New England's first Super Bowl championship.

Wow,

I thought people would be all about this thread! I thought people would be so excited to talk about classics like I mentioned, that I didn't even bother to go into detail about the games. Damm, I was wrong. Am I the only one here who watches NFL Films 1994-2010 Patriots videos all the time? Love seeing the year to year patriot yearbooks, americas game, etc. Do people seriously forget the impact these games had?

I guess I will go into further detail about these games

Yes, and be quick about it please. It doesn't have to be a really long explaination a brief one will do perfectly fine.

Was that the Dolphins game where Olindo Mare missed like 2 field goals in overtime or something like that?

Tuck rule.

Without that decision we don't win in 01. Maybe we never win. Who knows.

Right. Like I said, how about we talk about it in terms of Brady taking over and not glorify Mo Lewis (who last I checked, did not play a down a for the Patriots)?
It's always going to be the "Mo Lewis game" or the "game where Bledsoe was hurt". That's not celebrating an injury, but those are the memories of the game that really stand out.

By far the most important turning point was the day Kraft bought the franchise.

The second (far behind) was the day Tom Brady was made starting quarterback.

Turning point in Patsfans forum history, 9/27/2011. Dumbest thread started:bricks:...................................:p

Turning point in Patsfans forum history, 9/27/2011. Dumbest thread started:bricks:...................................:p

I guess you don't appreciate patriots history

Forum,

Don't you guys remember Belichick throwing his clipboard up in the air and jumping up and down after we won that Miami game? I have never seen Belichick so excited in his life. When have you ever seen Belichick show emotion like that? It officially ended the very long not being able to win in Miami curse, and turned our 2003 season around, which led to a dynasty. That Miami game gave us huge confidence, and we didn't lose another game the rest of the season and had some highly exciting 4th quarter comebacks. Brady also threw the greatest pass of his entire career(imo) hitting an aging troy brown in stride(in double coverage) on a 83 yard deep bomb TD to win in OT

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick