PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2 Part Question: What, if anything, could Kraft have done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things Kraft could have done:

1. Not fire 2 employees when they did nothing wrong. If the NFL wanted them fired, the NFL should've done so.

2. Appealed, if possible.

3. Called out Goodell in the press as a witchhunt and point out the Jets ties to the NFL offices.

4. Been there during Brady's appeal, if he cared more about Brady than letting a corrupt Commissioner try to maintain unchecked power

5. Not be seen hugging Goodell.

6. Not make the claim in private owners meetings 'whats good for the league matters more to me than the integrity of an investigation against my team'

7. Not backed Goodell during the Ray Rice fiasco when a Judge basically ruled that Goodell lied about what Ray said.

8. Not backed Goodell after they did a SpyGate like embellishment of the Saints BountyGate issue

9. Actually fought against Spygate penalties or atleast said 'We were caught using a camera 80 feet from where it should've been'. Instead he said something like 'I was disappointed in BB and believe he'll never commit such a crime again'

Kraft was lucky enough to hire BB (when he did so, he didn't know Bill would be the greatest coach of all time) -- and he was smart enough to stay hands off when Brady replaced Bledsoe;
And Kraft gets to stand in the locker room so all the players can hug him and he can say great job to them after the game, as if a Billionaire has any ability to relate to professional athletes.
But he's been terrible at defending his team's reputation.

1. They didn't fire the employees.

2. An appeal would be to Goodell. What exactly would the point of that be?

3. He did call out the league, although he avoided calling out Goodell directly.

4. This has been covered. He wasn't going to abandon the Middle East trip that is one of the highlights of his year, is planned months ahead of time, and involves many other people.

5. Al Pacino hugged Fredo. How did that end?

6. Citation please.

7. I'll go with that one.

8. I don't remember him speaking up during BountyGate.

9. Well, apart from misquoting him, I'm pretty sure he was pissed because Bill ignored an explicit memo to know it off.

Brady might not play another ten years, but just a normal amount for someone in the shape he's in is going to destroy the record books probably more than any professional athlete in the history of sports.

I don't follow hockey that much, but Gretsky, Babe Ruth, Wilt Chamberlain, Jabbar [individual records] or any athlete i can think of who is going to be 20% or more than every other player at that position for years to come.

The Lombardi will be the Belichick and Brady will so dominate the record book they may change the name of the league to the National Brady Ball League.

Y'all worry too much. The game and legacy will be decided on the field, just like we want it.

You can say that now that Brady has been on this ridiculous run through 7 games but if he had started the season with a mediocre performance or such as he did last year it would have fraudulently legitimized Deflategate followers beliefs. We would have heard no end to the correlation between his subpar performance and deflategate. Thank God he has been ripping through the record books this season.

For all I know, Goodell pays some 6 foot blonde with a whip to humiliate him.

Grid, I hate to say this but

you-can-t-handle-the-truth-o.gif

The truth is boring. It's boring men in gray suits, with the old school tie who squeeze the sport for as many dollars as they can.

I guess you're writing to see yourself write at this point, because you asked a question, but you don't like the answer.

Fortunately, unlike other untenable power situations throughout history where people are tortured and abused on a whim, there is an answer to Goodell. vote him out.

Later on...

All I ask is that you refrain from attacking me instead of the Argument.

I was trying to Be Supportive of your Good Behavior. :D

I never attacked you. I attacked the notion that this situation could be resolved by staring somebody down. If you didn't say that, then I apologize.

You stated:

01 ~ I can't handle the Truth.
02 ~ I was writing just to see myself write, or something foolish like that.

Rather than debate the Points, yes: You attacked and insulted me.

I can't claim that it hurt my feelings, but it did disgust me.

I posted a gif of jack Nicholson. If having a laugh is going to hurt your feelings, I won't respond to your posts.

01 ~ Now you're just lying. You threw a Temper Tantrum because I wasn't bowing to the Wisdom that you seem to imagine you're dispensing, so you resorted to insulting me in the heat of the moment, because that's what you always do when people corner you. You could be an Adult about it and admit that you lost your Temper and reverted to Insults, as we've all seen you do, literally, hundreds of times. But instead you're lying your Ass off and claiming "Oh. I was only kidding. Can't you take a Joke??" which is what Passive Aggressives always do when they're called on their Tantrums. That's pathetic, man.

02 ~ I'm not sure what part of "I can't claim that it hurt my feelings" makes you think that it, uh...hurt my feelings. o_O When I make a clear, legible statement, and you manage to get its meaning 180 Degrees backwards, Ray, old kid, I just don't know what to tell you. Time for Remedial English?
39.gif

03 ~ Clearly, you can't "handle" anyone disagreeing with you without lashing out at them and then lying about it. We've all seen this literally hundreds of times, and it's just pathetic. So, yes: If you were to refrain, henceforth, from responding to my Posts, I'd greatly appreciate it and will return the Favor.

Last edited:
Well OK isn't actually a word.

You did say I'd have the last word, to be fair.

Bye.

You can say that now that Brady has been on this ridiculous run through 7 games but if he had started the season with a mediocre performance or such as he did last year it would have fraudulently legitimized Deflategate followers beliefs. We would have heard no end to the correlation between his subpar performance and deflategate. Thank God he has been ripping through the record books this season.

You think he's ready to retire?

Kraft had every right to appeal the penalty.
He also had and has every right to take the league to court. Al Davis did and won. People try to conclude that being a bad decision maker on football personnel late in his career means that "Al Davis did it" is like saying it must be wrong. But David won and Kraft probably would too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kraft had every right to appeal the penalty.
He also had and has every right to take the league to court. Al Davis did and won. People try to conclude that being a bad decision maker on football personnel late in his career means that "Al Davis did it" is like saying it must be wrong. But David won and Kraft probably would too.

No, Al Davis did not win in court. He got a fairly mediocre cash settlement the first time, and then when the league forced the Raiders back to Oakland and he sued again and it actually went to trial, he got his ass kicked.

ESPN.com - nfl - Raiders lose in $1.2 billion lawsuit vs. NFL

Correction, the first time he did win in court, but the result was a mediocre 20 million dollar settlement, out of which he had to pay his lawyer for a case that lasted -11 years-.

Last edited:
Things Kraft could have done:

1. Not fire 2 employees when they did nothing wrong. If the NFL wanted them fired, the NFL should've done so.

2. Appealed, if possible.

3. Called out Goodell in the press as a witchhunt and point out the Jets ties to the NFL offices.

4. Been there during Brady's appeal, if he cared more about Brady than letting a corrupt Commissioner try to maintain unchecked power

5. Not be seen hugging Goodell.

6. Not make the claim in private owners meetings 'whats good for the league matters more to me than the integrity of an investigation against my team'

7. Not backed Goodell during the Ray Rice fiasco when a Judge basically ruled that Goodell lied about what Ray said.

8. Not backed Goodell after they did a SpyGate like embellishment of the Saints BountyGate issue

9. Actually fought against Spygate penalties or atleast said 'We were caught using a camera 80 feet from where it should've been'. Instead he said something like 'I was disappointed in BB and believe he'll never commit such a crime again'

Kraft was lucky enough to hire BB (when he did so, he didn't know Bill would be the greatest coach of all time) -- and he was smart enough to stay hands off when Brady replaced Bledsoe;
And Kraft gets to stand in the locker room so all the players can hug him and he can say great job to them after the game, as if a Billionaire has any ability to relate to professional athletes.
But he's been terrible at defending his team's reputation.
Kraft could have done a lot. He chose not to.
There was an incident where the jets assistant coach was disinclined for manipulating a kicking ball. The kicker or team received no punishment.
Kraft needed to make that public and make goodell publicly respond to why the rules are enforced differently. The San Diego stickum and the panthers Vikings ball manipulations also needed to be addressed. He needed to appeal to get these out in the open and put goodell on record publicly fur choosing to penalize the patriots fir things other teams have not been penalized for.
People like Ray clay have bartered wife syndrome suggesting it is wrong to appeal because the victim should be afraid of the harasser.

Kraft knew all of this. He knew he should appeal. He knew he had a great case to back goodell into a corner and force him to be excused as biased or overturn the penalties.
Instead Kraft chose the route of protecting goodell because the owners top priority is being able to control the players and shining a bad lighting goodell a decision and actual his total incompetence in meting out punishment hurts the leagues stranglehold on the players.
Kraft chose to course that was best for owners vs players not the one that was best for his team. He owns the team and that's his choice but people who act like it was the right thing to do for the patriots insult everyone's intelligence.

No, Al Davis did not win in court. He got a fairly mediocre cash settlement the first time, and then when the league forced the Raiders back to Oakland and he sued again and it actually went to trial, he got his ass kicked.

Correction, the first time he did win in court, but the result was a mediocre 20 million dollar settlement, out of which he had to pay his lawyer for a case that lasted -11 years-.
He won

Plus win or lose the point is clear owners can sue the league.
Note that his win was over whether he was allowed to move the team. His loss was over whether he was forced to move them back and he has nothing to prove that.

As I said. And he got his ass kicked the second time he tried it.
Not true. The second case was about whether the league forced him to move and they proved it was his own choice.
Again why is whether he won or lost relevant. In both cases it was ruled he had every right to sue the league.

Plus win or lose the point is clear owners can sue the league.
Note that his win was over whether he was allowed to move the team. His loss was over whether he was forced to move them back and he has nothing to prove that.

The owners can sue the league. Although, I'm pretty sure that the league constitution was amended after that fiasco such that they agree not to. Nevertheless, assume Kraft does sue them. Davis was suing on antitrust grounds based on controlling where his franchise was located. The stuff with the Pats is fundamentally different in nature. It isn't an antitrust issue. I'm dubious a court would even be willing to get involved.

The trial was 6 weeks and the entire case filing to verdict was 2 years.
You should read what you link because it is different than what you say it is

The owners can sue the league. Although, I'm pretty sure that the league constitution was amended after that fiasco such that they agree not to. Nevertheless, assume Kraft does sue them. Davis was suing on antitrust grounds based on controlling where his franchise was located. The stuff with the Pats is fundamentally different in nature. It isn't an antitrust issue. I'm dubious a court would even be willing to get involved.
So. Are you really telling me you are an expert on whether a court would accept a case?
Kraft would have many reason for suit.

The trial was 6 weeks and the entire case filing to verdict was 2 years.
You should read what you link because it is different than what you say it is

From the LA Times:

"The National Football League and the Los Angeles Raiders reached a settlement Saturday of the Raiders' 11-year-old antitrust suit against the NFL for impeding the team's move from Oakland, with the Raiders receiving considerably less than the $34.6-million judgment rendered against the league in 1983."

The case was originally filed in 1978. There -are- things called appeals.

Settlement Reached in Raiders' Antitrust Suit Against NFL

From the LA Times:

"The National Football League and the Los Angeles Raiders reached a settlement Saturday of the Raiders' 11-year-old antitrust suit against the NFL for impeding the team's move from Oakland, with the Raiders receiving considerably less than the $34.6-million judgment rendered against the league in 1983."

That's the case they won. It the one you said took 11 years.

From the LA Times:

This is the case they won and they moved to LA. The damages came years later because the league was appealing. Any relevance to Kraft getting his picks back just doesn't exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back