PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2 Part Question: What, if anything, could Kraft have done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Off The Grid

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
This Question is 100% serious, for I am very weak on understanding Rules & Regulations.

I've poked about here and there, but it's remarkably difficult to find a clear Answer.

So I'm asking for an Education on the League's By-Laws, my Good Brethren. :D

01 ~ Within the League's Rules, could he have protested the Draft Picks Penalty and Fine?

02 ~ Outside the League's Rules, could he have pushed it into the Courts as Brady did?

*03 ~ Addendum: Does he have any remaining Recourse, within or without?

Of course: These are technical questions, not philosophical ones.

For those who haven't stumbled across my Ravings about Goodell: I myself would've gone Scorched Earth on the Pig, attacking that vile, verminous, parasitical Excrement every single day, both publicly and legally, with the object of seeking to prove nearly a Decade's worth of blatant, brazen, dishonorable, and dishonest Attacks on our Team and dichotomous Standards meant to elevate 31 Teams's Chances at the cost of our own.

The Wells Report and Goodell's Response to it would've absolutely destroyed him.

I would've hammered away at him in front of the Cameras, loudly and relentlessly proclaiming that any Owner who sided with Goodell in the face of such blatant and brazen Treachery and general Phuckery could only be doing so for the most dishonorable and pathetic reasons: Because he couldn't compete on an Evening Playing Field ~ yes, you can be damned sure that I'd've turned the entire Concept around 180 Degrees on the ****ers and roasted them with it ~ which is of course a pretty dramatic disavowal of an extremely American Concept:

Fair Play and Open Competition.

I would've taken the Battle right into the faces of Goodell and the Cabal that supports him.

In the end, I would've had his Job. I guarantee it.

And you can be damned sure that I would've gotten those Picks back.

I might've even managed to get Compensation for the 2007 Pick.

Robert Kraft is a good man, and has occasionally flashed Greatness. On the most important moment of his Life, when James Orthwein was on the verge of taking our Team away from us forever, Kraft boldly rose to the Occasion, he triumphed, and he thus earned the eternal Gratitude of every intelligent Patriots Fan.

And while it's possible that he sensed only an hint or a tiny fraction of Mad Bill's Potential when he hired'm, the fact that he'd not only previously pursued'm and that when he hired'm he gave'm Supreme Executive Power strongly suggest that he had a bit more than an inkling of the Potential of Bill The Mad (Genius).

Unfortunately, though, it's crystal clear that Robert Kraft is also a nice man who Fears Confrontation.

He buckles under in the face of Conflict and quite clearly can be intimidated.

It gives me no Pleasure to say so, but I must write the Truth as I perceive it.

01 ~ This first became evident back in 2005 when Vladimir Putin, one of the most evil men alive, stole Kraft's Championship Ring right in front of the Cameras. Instead of simply calling'm on it ~ what the Hell was Putin gonna do in front of the Cameras but cough it up? ~ he simply stood there like a ***** and let'mself get publicly robbed...And then when it later became something of an Incident, Kraft actually buckled under to political pressure and invented some story about how much he admired Putin and the Russian people and meant Putin to have it. Yeah. Sure. Years later, he admitted what I've said all along: It was a Lie.

02 ~ SpyGate, technical Name: CameraLocationGate. 20 Years in the Slammer for having the Camera in the allegedly wrong location?? Really?? That whole thing was such a ludicrously and blatantly biased Atrocity that Kraft could've and should've had Goodell tossed out on'is Ass right then. But he buckled in the face of The Enemy. Robert Kraft is not Corrupt, like his Enemy, Goodell: He's simply a nice man with no taste for Conflict.

03 ~ DeflateGate, technical Name, thank you Brother Palm: DepressurizationGate. Having learned that he can do anything he wants to to the Patriots without Fear of Kraft visiting Just Wrath and Vengeance upon'm, Goodell rapes our Team again. And Kraft, after huffing and puffing a bit, buckles under again.

Robert Kraft isn't Corrupt. Why would he be? He's rich.

But he does lack Courage, as much as it grieves me to say so.

He has failed this Team and therefore all of us ~ for there is of course no League whatsoever without its Fans ~ on 3 major Occasions, the last two of which rendered us colossal damage, both materially and in terms of arming Scum like Goodell, the Cabal which supports him, and the cowardly, corrupt Media who protect their Jobs and drive their Careers by spreading Lies and Filthy Innuendo about us, for The Ignorant Masses who don't do their own homework can easily be led to believe that if the Team's Owner simply meekly acceded to these Penalties, then surely they must be warranted.

Hell!! There're even a lot of Drooling Idiots who think that the Penalties for SpyGate ~ which should've been a $25,000 fine at most and really just a terse email reminder ~ and for DeflateGate ~ which warranted no Penalty whatsoever ~ were insufficiently light!!! And these same Moronic Fools consequently deduce that Goodel is Kraft's *****!!! Hoo, boy....

Even so...

While Kraft has egregiously damaged the Team and the Fans who he proclaims ~ and I believe him 1000% ~ to love and honor, I believe that any fair and just rendering of his Record as the Owner of our beloved Team must look at the entire Record. And when one considers that he first saved our Team from our losing it altogether, then transformed it through his Investments, his Efforts, and, yes, his Love, into not just a Successful Team but an admired Team, and then, in an historical Coup de Grace, wooed, pursued, and acquired the Services of The Greatest Coach Alive ~ perhaps The Greatest Coach Of All Time...I pray that we can forgive his Weakness and ultimately judge the man on his entire Body of Work.

By my Reckoning, he's up about 63-17.

And I, for one, am intensely grateful.

Last edited:
This Question is 100% serious, for I am very weak on understanding Rules & Regulations.

I've poked about here and there, but it's remarkably difficult to find a clear Answer.

01 ~ Within the League's Rules, could he have protested the Draft Picks Penalty and Fine?

02 ~ Outside the League's Rules, could he have pushed it into the Courts as Brady did?

For those who haven't stumbled across my Ravings about Goodell: I myself would've gone Scorched Earth on the Pig, attacking that vile, verminous, parasitical Excrement every single day, both publicly and legally, with the object of seeking to prove nearly a Decade's worth of blatant, brazen, dishonorable, and dishonest Attacks on our Team and dichotomous Standards meant to elevate 31 Teams's Chances at the cost of our own.

The Wells Report and Goodell's Response to it would've absolutely destroyed him.

I would've hammered away at him in front of the Cameras, loudly and relentlessly proclaiming that any Owner who sided with Goodell in the face of such blatant and brazen Treachery and general Phuckery could only be doing so for the most dishonorable and pathetic reasons: Because he couldn't compete on an Evening Playing Field ~ yes, you can be damned sure that I'd've turned the entire Concept around 180 Degrees on the ****ers and roasted them with it ~ which is of course a pretty dramatic disavowal of an extremely American Concept:

Fair Play and Open Competition.

I would've taken the Battle right into the faces of Goodell and the Cabal that supports him.

Robert Kraft is a good man, and has occasionally flashed Greatness. On the most important moment of his Life, when James Orthwein was on the verge of taking our Team away from us forever, Kraft boldly rose to the Occasion, he triumphed, and he thus earned the eternal Gratitude of every intelligent Patriots Fan.

And while it's possible that he sensed only an hint or a tiny fraction of Mad Bill's Potential when he hired'm, the fact that he'd not only previously pursued'm and that when he hired'm he gave'm Supreme Executive Power strongly suggest that he had a bit more than an inkling of the Potential of Bill The Mad (Genius).

Unfortunately, though, it's crystal clear that Robert Kraft is also a nice man who Fears Confrontation.

01 ~ This first became evident back in 2005 when Vladimir Putin, one of the most evil men alive, stole Kraft's Championship Ring right in front of the Cameras. Instead of simply calling'm on it ~ what the Hell was Putin gonna do in front of the Cameras but cough it up? ~ he simply stood there like a ***** and let'mself get publicly robbed...And then when it later became something of an Incident, Kraft actually buckled under to political pressure and invented some story about how much he admired Putin and the Russian people and meant Putin to have it. Yeah. Sure. Years later, he admitted what I've said all along: It was a Lie.

02 ~ SpyGate, technical Name: CameraLocationGate. 20 Years in the Slammer for having the Camera in the allegedly wrong location?? Really?? That whole thing was such a ludicrously and blatantly biased Atrocity that Kraft could've and should've had Goodell tossed out on'is Ass right then. But he buckled in the face of The Enemy. Robert Kraft is not Corrupt, like his Enemy, Goodell: He's simply a nice man with no taste for Conflict.

03 ~ DeflateGate, technical Name, thank you Brother Palm: DepressurizationGate. Having learned that he can do anything he wants to to the Patriots without Fear of Kraft visiting Just Wrath and Vengeance upon'm, Goodell rapes our Team again. And Kraft, after huffing and puffing a bit, buckles under again.

He has failed this Team and therefore all of us ~ for there is of course no League whatsoever without its Fans ~ on 3 major Occasions, the last two of which rendered us colossal damage, both materially and in terms of arming Scum like Goodell, the Cabal which supports him, and the cowardly, corrupt Media who protect their Jobs and drive their Careers by spreading Lies and Filthy Innuendo about us, for The Ignorant Masses who don't do their own homework can easily be led to believe that if the Team's Owner simply meekly acceded to these Penalties, then surely they must be warranted.

Hell!! There're even a lot of Drooling Idiots who think that the Penalties for SpyGate ~ which should've been a $25,000 fine at most and really just a terse email reminder ~ and for DeflateGate ~ which warranted no Pentalty whatsoever ~ were insufficiently light!!! And these same Moronic Fools consequently deduce that Goodel is Kraft's *****!!! Hoo, boy....

Even so...

While Kraft has egregiously damaged the Team and the Fans who he proclaims ~ and I believe him 1000% ~ to love and honor, I believe that any fair and just rendering of his Record as the Owner of our beloved Team must look at the entire Record. And when one considers that he first saved our Team from our losing it altogether, then transformed it through his Investments, his Efforts, and, yes, his Love, into not just a Successful Team but an admired Team, and then, in an historical Coup de Grace, wooed, pursued, and acquired the Services of The Greatest Coach Alive ~ perhaps The Greatest Coach Of All Time...I pray that we can forgive his Weakness and ultimately judge the man on his entire Body of Work.

I don't have an answer for your questions, but DAMN that was well-written.

I would've hammered away at him in front of the Cameras, loudly and relentlessly proclaiming that any Owner who sided with Goodell in the face of such blatant and brazen Treachery and general Phuckery could only be doing so for the most dishonorable and pathetic reasons: Because he couldn't compete on an Evening Playing Field ~ yes, you can be damned sure that I'd've turned the entire Concept around 180 Degrees on the ****ers and roasted them with it ~ which is of course a pretty dramatic disavowal of an extremely American Concept: Fair Play and Open Competition.

Hell!! There're even a lot of Drooling Idiots who think that the Penalties for SpyGate ~ which should've been a $25,000 fine at most and really just a terse email reminder ~ and for DeflateGate ~ which warranted no Pentalty whatsoever ~ were insufficiently light!!! And these same Moronic Fools consequently deduce that Goodel is Kraft's *****!!! Hoo, boy....

Even so...

I don't understand why Kraft couldn't have simply put in a "piggyback" appeal with Brady's appeal. For all its flaws, the Wells report did find that Belichick and the Patriots organization itself committed no wrongdoing so the entire basis for the draft pick penalty was Brady's conduct. Kraft's position should have been, "Brady's my trusted employee; he's maintained his innocence; there's no real proof to the contrary; there's no basis to take away picks. I appeal concurrently with Brady and if/when he's clear, the draft pick forfeiture should be vacated as well."

The only reason not to do this would be political and I don't fully understand the politics behind it.

Last edited:
I don't have an answer for your questions, but DAMN that was well-written.

Thank you kindly, Brother Clay. As a long-standing Admirer of your Excellence, that means a lot.
beer.gif

I don't understand why Kraft couldn't have simply put in a "piggyback" appeal with Brady's appeal.
Why?
Brady was part of a suit brought by the NFLPA, before that he lost his appeal and would have missed the first 4 games.

Kraft isn't a part of any organization that has standing to sue the NFL about anything he would have been appealing personally to the person that had just levied the punishment to deny him or hear him whenever he felt like it.

Since he agreed in his contract as an owner to abide by any punishment levied by the Corruptioner, he would, in fact, be begging for mercy, not really appealing.

Brady appealed and lost, but he had grounds based on fairness, based on the union agreement with the NFLPA only.

Goodell is under no obligation to be fair to an owner, so he could be completely unfair, admit it and still deny Kraft on appeal, because the Commissioner has always had the right to be unfair to an owner and the owners have the right to fire him. There is also no standard for punishment, he could order Kraft guillotined and that would be within his power, though federal law would probably intervene at some point.

Last edited:

Forget Putin. The ring can be replaced.

Roger Goodell, THE most evil man alive, stole 2 1st round picks and a 4th from the greatest franchise in the history of sports and in the process unfairly labeled them as dishonest.

I don't understand why Kraft couldn't have simply put in a "piggyback" appeal with Brady's appeal. For all it's flaws, the Wells report did find that Belichick and the Patriots organization itself committed no wrongdoing so the entire basis for the draft pick penalty was Brady's conduct. Kraft's position should have been, "Brady's my trusted employee; he's maintained his innocence; there's no real proof to the contrary; there's no basis to take away picks. I appeal concurrently with Brady and if/when he's clear, the draft pick forfeiture should be vacated as well."

The only reason not to do this would be political and I don't fully understand the politics behind it.

Very nicely put, in all regards.

I have the general impression that it's too late for Kraft to do anything within the League's Appeals process ~ that there was a very short time limit that has long since expired ~ but it's unfathomable to me, in the face of Brady's Exoneration, that Kraft would have no legal Recourse whatsoever regarding the Picks.

And I'm hoping that someone can educate me in that regard.

Sue ESPN, that would be a good start. Refuse to hand over the draft pick, that would be a good second step. Demand that the ball pressures be released and the Mort report be corrected before taking the field for the superbowl would be a good third. There are a vast number of things you can do other than act like a helpless victim if you have the truth on your side.

When he was giving the fuhrer head he could have at least bite it off.o_O

I believe the draft picks are lost forever, the only faint hope was to do a longitudinal study of all NFL game balls for the whole year, by some neutral group(MIT, Stanford or other University for example) and come up with the effect that play and environment have on football PSI.

Instead of this simple, cost effective solution, Roger has chosen to go full tilt on the legal route and we will never know the answer.. there are spot checks of football PSI's, however those results will not be divulged to the fans.. because the NFL does not want the fans to know the truth, would prefer to dazzle them with their million dollar legal briefs and high priced attorneys..

The bottom line here whether the balls were deliberately deflated or not is not that important to Roger, his crusade to get BB will continue.. inflated or deflated balls provide no competitive advantage to #12.. obviously.

While I thoroughly agree with everything you wrote, I THINK that Kraft is limited by the ownership bylaws from some of the more draconian actions you suggested. But your case that he hasn't done enough is well made, as well as your numerical assessment of his record as owner.

He has done SO much to build this franchise into what it is, but his seemingly inability to confront those who are attacking him, can't be ignored, because they are the direct cause of the national reputation of his franchise. And THAT is something that his fans have to deal with every day.

I want to know why there was never a counter PR effort after spygate , the incident that initially labelled us "cheaters", because, as anyone who actually knows anything beyond the debunked Herald story" the "crime" was NEVER about cheating and Goodell even said so..,..once. Was it by choice, or was he forced by the league to remain silent, like in the months after "defamegate".

I would like some mediot to actually take the time to tell us what options are open to Kraft to fight this slander campaign, both within the league or in the courts. I want to know how he can stand it to see his team, a team he worked so hard to build up, be torn down on a regular basis, and not do a THING to respond, except win games.

The Patriots are not mine. I'm just a fan who follows the team. I can walk away at any time. This is HIS baby. He clearly loves this team. When you think about it, he risked a LOT when he bought one of the worst franchises in sports for the most money EVER. I go nuts when I think about the malicious attacks that are still ongoing, I can't imagine what he's going through.

I think the best analogy is this. We all are saddened when we read about some tragedy to some child, but it is NOTHING compared to the pain that the parents feel. This is how it SHOULD be for Kraft. The guy wears his heart on his sleeve, when it comes to the Patriots. I'm sure his favorite part of the job isn't watching the game from a plush owners box, but rather being in a sweaty locker room to congratulate or console the guys who coach and play for him.

We all know that SOMETHING has to be done, Grid. The question is what? My solution is the defamation case. I believe just let it be known that after the season one will be filed, and I bet there will be an IMMEDIATE cessation of these kinds of indirect and direct attacks. Then after the season, opening up the facts of what went on during deflategate, including deposing and gathering all the communications between the Goodell Cabal will clear Brady, the Pats, and help get us back our draft picks.

I don't follow Eastern European politics close enough to comment.

I will say that a war against Russian would probably be an extraordinarily BAD idea.

Let's stay on point.

You're the only one getting off point, Bub.

Going to War with Russia was your brilliant Idea.

I merely corrected your misunderstanding.

Last edited:
Why?
Brady was part of a suit brought by the NFLPA, before that he lost his appeal and would have missed the first 4 games.

Kraft isn't a part of any organization that has standing to sue the NFL about anything he would have been appealing personally to the person that had just levied the punishment to deny him or hear him whenever he felt like it.

Since he agreed in his contract as an owner to abide by any punishment levied by the Corruptioner, he would, in fact, be begging for mercy, not really appealing.

Brady appealed and lost, but he had grounds based on fairness, based on the union agreement with the NFLPA only.

Goodell is under no obligation to be fair to an owner, so he could be completely unfair, admit it and still deny Kraft on appeal, because the Commissioner has always had the right to be unfair to an owner and the owners have the right to fire him. There is also no standard for punishment, he could order Kraft guillotined and that would be within his power, though federal law would probably intervene at some point.

That's pretty messed up if true but why not just appeal anyway? Goodell denies it concurrently with Brady's but so what?

Brady wins in "for realsy" court and Kraft can demand that Goodell reconsider or he will pursue some remedy for Goodell's "bad faith." Good faith and fair dealing is legally implied in all contracts.

You're the only one getting off point, Bub.

Going to War with Russia was your brilliant Idea.

I merely corrected your misunderstanding.

Thank you for correction. I still say Goodell is worse than Putin.

WE all protested it. He could have appealed and Goodell would have heard the appeal and the league rules say he can discipline owners any way he wants. Kraft doesn't have a union and he agreed to giving Goodell that power.​

I doubt he had grounds, given number one, but goodell has mucked up so badly, maybe he could have sued to have the antitrust exemption overturned because his for profit team was being negatively affected by the arrangement. that would eliminate the salary cap and brought in a whole new world where we'd actually get to have all pros at each position, just like some posters want, if krafty foots the bill, which he can afford.​

There are 32 people who can remove Goodell and he's one of them. Brady can't, the NFLPA can't [directly]. I don't know how many votes he could get now, I'm guessing it's more than a handful. If he got that number up to 20-24, depending on who chooses to vote, King corruption is dead.​

The tricky part of all this is that NFL v Brady is not about the Patriot QB or PSI; it is all about the league (and Goodell) wanting to gain more power over the players and NFLPA. Goodell has publicly admitted this.

If Kraft pushes his (rightful) agenda then that weakens the case that all 32 owners are attempting to win.

On the other hand Kraft and his team are being wrongfully and royally hosed. His priorities are all screwed up; his franchise, his team, should mean more to him than the collective potential benefit of 32 owners.

Without a doubt Kraft should have maintained the offensive that he began, and demanded the draft picks be returned when Berman made his decision. Middle school science has proven that the air pressure in those footballs was right where it should be - something that virtually nobody outside of New England will talk about or acknowledge to this day.

If Goodell can use the media to his benefit to sway public opinion, why don't the Patriots do the same? Even though the NFL has more powerful business partners (ESPN, SI) on their side, the Pats have a distinct advantage of their own: the truth.

Thank you for correction. I still say Goodell is worse than Putin.

Thank you. And...Fair enough.

And I will happily concede that within the context of FootBall, yes: Goodel must certainly is more Evil. :D

While I thoroughly agree with everything you wrote, I THINK that Kraft is limited by the ownership bylaws from some of the more draconian actions you suggested. But your case that he hasn't done enough is well made, as well as your numerical assessment of his record as owner.

He has done SO much to build this franchise into what it is, but his seemingly inability to confront those who are attacking him, can't be ignored, because they are the direct cause of the national reputation of his franchise. And THAT is something that his fans have to deal with every day.

I want to know why there was never a counter PR effort after spygate , the incident that initially labelled us "cheaters", because, as anyone who actually knows anything beyond the debunked Herald story" the "crime" was NEVER about cheating and Goodell even said so..,..once. Was it by choice, or was he forced by the league to remain silent, like in the months after "defamegate".

I would like some mediot to actually take the time to tell us what options are open to Kraft to fight this slander campaign, both within the league or in the courts. I want to know how he can stand it to see his team, a team he worked so hard to build up, be torn down on a regular basis, and not do a THING to respond, except win games.

The Patriots are not mine. I'm just a fan who follows the team. I can walk away at any time. This is HIS baby. He clearly loves this team. When you think about it, he risked a LOT when he bought one of the worst franchises in sports for the most money EVER. I go nuts when I think about the malicious attacks that are still ongoing, I can't imagine what he's going through.

I think the best analogy is this. We all are saddened when we read about some tragedy to some child, but it is NOTHING compared to the pain that the parents feel. This is how it SHOULD be for Kraft. The guy wears his heart on his sleeve, when it comes to the Patriots. I'm sure his favorite part of the job isn't watching the game from a plush owners box, but rather being in a sweaty locker room to congratulate or console the guys who coach and play for him.

We all know that SOMETHING has to be done, Grid. The question is what? My solution is the defamation case. I believe just let it be known that after the season one will be filed, and I bet there will be an IMMEDIATE cessation of these kinds of indirect and direct attacks. Then after the season, opening up the facts of what went on during deflategate, including deposing and gathering all the communications between the Goodell Cabal will clear Brady, the Pats, and help get us back our draft picks.

Can the draft picks actually be restored or, as some posters have suggested, that possibility was waived when Kraft declined to appeal?

Is there any reason Goodell cannot simply "decree" that he is reversing his decision to take the picks away (other than the fact that he is an unbelievable douche bag as are the other creepy owners in on this crap)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back