PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

19-0 this season or non-undefeated SBs this & next season?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

19-0 this season or non-undefeated SBs this & next season?

• 19-0

Votes: 37 44.6%
  • non-undefeated SBs this year and next.

Votes: 46 55.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly think they will go 19-0 this year. The schedule is soft and I doubt Mahomes will be fully 100% at any point this year. So let's be the first team to go 19-0 and 3peat.
I saw that the odds were slightly less than 5%. I’m going to wait a solid month before giving much thought to this. There’s a tough stretch of games coming up.

Put me down for winning this week. Same next week. You get the idea.

I don't know whether the OP was "born into" being a fan of a dynasty or ever had to pray to go to a Super Bowl. Nobody picks either, it's just luck of the draw. But I gotta tell ya, they really do pay the other side. We might have seen our last Super Bowl win in our lives.

I mean, I hope not, and I am loving what I'm seeing so far... but this as great a narrative as we're living in, it really really is true that such things end.

The wins are sweeter if they're in doubt :D The greatness is greater when you don't assume it.

Also, prefer the threepeat. Okay done.

the only thing that makes this close is the "three peat" possibility, if it were not 3 consecutive superbowls, I'd easily take 19-0 over 2 more SB wins, because a team wins the SB every year, but not team, ever, has gone 19-0, and only one team, ever, has gone 16-0 (including SB)

the three peats complicatets things because no team ever has won 3 in a row...i'd prob still choose 19-0, but it wouldn't be as easy

If I'm being completely honest with myself, I'd take 19-0. Winning the superbowl is special but there's a team that does it every year and we already did it 6 times. We'd be the only team to ever go 19-0. It's unfinished business as far as I'm concerned. I would finally be able to get over 07 if we went 19-0 this year.

Our defense is historic. Our offense is good enough & led by the best QB of all time. I say go for it. This is our last shot. If we lose a couple and still win the SB I'll be fine though... But I'm not gonna lie to myself and downplay how amazing it would be if we somehow pulled off 19-0.

There are some really good teams out there, and this is based on the assumption that getting past teams like BAL, IND, and HOU will be a given, which is faulty logic in my book.

The “real” contenders, where any team can beat another on the list.

NE
KC
NO
GB
SEA
SF

A lot has to happen for this team to be a Super Bowl winner, whether that’s 14-2 or 11-5. Our odds are probably somewhere around 30%, and that’s considered to be the best out of any team.

I'd rather be bummed with a brain fart loss @HOU or BUF in December than AFCCG/SB LV loss next year.

19-0 without question

After 6 rings, I’m ready for something new. 19-0 is the only thing left undone

absurd!!

this shouldn’t even be up for debate is take back to back 9-7 seasons with 2 Super Bowls over 1 super bowl going 19-0

I saw that the odds were slightly less than 5%. I’m going to wait a solid month before giving much thought to this. There’s a tough stretch of games coming up.

Honestly the toughest game on the schedule for me relatively speaking is @Ravens mostly because we don't have Wynn back at that point and Sanu/Harry will still be relatively new additions. It is less about the Ravens and more about timing.

Unless more injuries hit I am weirdly calm about most post BYE games with all the talent that will be available on offense.

The KC game at home can go either way if the ball bounces wrong a few times but apart from that I am not sure I see any really challenging game. The Texans don't have the consistent offense to make up for their crappy defense.

Honestly the toughest game on the schedule for me relatively speaking is @Ravens mostly because we don't have Wynn back at that point and Sanu/Harry will still be relatively new additions. It is less about the Ravens and more about timing.

Unless more injuries hit I am weirdly calm about most post BYE games with all the talent that will be available on offense.

The KC game at home can go either way if the ball bounces wrong a few times but apart from that I am not sure I see any really challenging game. The Texans don't have the consistent offense to make up for their crappy defense.

You got a hunch about DAL game, perhaps ?

Agreed.
I still remember the 2015 Dallas bout vividly. The sunlight, Dion moves, healthy O-Line. I think that early 2015 Pats incarnation was a terrific, although underrated team. Great times

I thought the toughest games in 2007 were Philly, Baltimore and NYG.
This year. It looks to be KC, Philly, and maybe Dallas.
It’s all about health. I’d gladly lose all 3 if it meant a healthy playoff run.

I'm not generally superstitious, but I can't even think about this question.

I'm on to Cleveland.
Bingo...

Sometimes I wonder about our fan base and Patsfans members OBSESSION.

We have people race to be first posting a Patriot was traded, cut or picked up and speculating about the ultimate fantasy season. Do members get excited about being “the first” to post Pats news? I don’t know, but it doesn’t excite me

On the other hand, we have many members that realize how fortunate we have been and just appreciate everything we’re seeing and don’t care about perfection.

As a matter of fact, we’ve seen perfection over and over again for 20 years. I know when this is over I’ll have zero sadness about it...I have 20 years of videos to watch

There's no game but the next one.
Off to the Practice Squad with this rookie BS

Wow. That's harsh. I guess I'll hold off on posting my 38-0 thread.

Put me down for winning this week. Same next week. You get the idea.

I don't know whether the OP was "born into" being a fan of a dynasty or ever had to pray to go to a Super Bowl. Nobody picks either, it's just luck of the draw. But I gotta tell ya, they really do pay the other side. We might have seen our last Super Bowl win in our lives.

I mean, I hope not, and I am loving what I'm seeing so far... but this as great a narrative as we're living in, it really really is true that such things end.

The wins are sweeter if they're in doubt :D The greatness is greater when you don't assume it.

Also, prefer the threepeat. Okay done.

Thank you for being the voice of reason. We've never had it this good, and will never ever have it this good again. 2 out of 3 SBs, the last 3 seasons, 7-0, and very likely heading back there again (all the historical comparisons stats point to it). We are on the summit- let's just enjoy the beautiful view.

With threads like this and the one on Tom Brady leaving next season, I'm tempted to put half the forum on ignore.

I will take the rings, all day long. The fact we're even talking about this shows how entitled we've become.

There is nothing more this team needs to accomplish to be the greatest dynasty in sports history.

Thank you for being the voice of reason. We've never had it this good, and will never ever have it this good again. 2 out of 3 SBs, the last 3 seasons, 7-0, and very likely heading back there again (all the historical comparisons stats point to it). We are on the summit- let's just enjoy the beautiful view.

With threads like this and the one on Tom Brady leaving next season, I'm tempted to put half the forum on ignore.

I just fear if we go 19-0 then Brady and BB will retire! So I think I'd rather go 3peaks!!

Mark me down for wishing for 19-0. They really do have a good chance to do it this year, this defense is on another level of special and we have an offense who can do enough that will probably be even better near the last half of the season during the meat of our schedule. But regardless of all that I NEED this team to get to Miami this year, finally got the husband to agree to take me since the end is coming near for Brady (although I thinks it’s because Miami is only a 2 hour drive for us) would mean the world to me to see this team in the big game. So fingers and toes crossed.

I just fear if we go 19-0 then Brady and BB will retire! So I think I'd rather go 3peaks!!

I don't think it matters what our record will be. I don't see Brady being in NE in 2020 regardless if we go 12-4 or 16-0.

Wow. That's harsh. I guess I'll hold off on posting my 38-0 thread.

kLiHsnc.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye