PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

12 wins, book it.

How so? At most we're going to miss 3 years of a Tom Brady already well into his 40s...and with the lack of talent on this team over the past few years there is no way Brady would have brought us a super bowl. So what did we miss, exactly, besides the nostalgia of having Brady on this team?
Also, some people like to leave out the point that Brady didn't want to be here anymore. It's tough to blame that on other people. He was a 42-year-old grown-ass man.

WGAS about the Old Man, he's NOT on the Patriots.
Take that **** South.

I listen to Patriots Unfiltered and they said the R word today???? Say it ain't so! It's a "REBUILD"....Argh, Oh man, sends shivers down me spine. I think they are right. 12 wins from a Rebuilding team, i don't think so. They also talked about a Reis article stating that our recievers have a hard time getting open statistically. Nothing has changed in the passing game except Devon (repair job) and Thorton (Rook). I'm thinking that we have seen the best of this receiving core and that's 2 busts and average at best wide outs, no game changers. I'm preparing myself for the truth.

Lmao
They didn't mention that:
Mac won't be a rookie?
How about:
2nd year in the system for Aggy,Smith and Bourne?
Just A speedy rook and an injury risk?

Typical Boston Media

They also talked about a Reis article stating that our recievers have a hard time getting open statistically.
I'm sure he did. Lazar has pointed out the same thing before, but it goes in one ear and out the other on this board.

I listen to Patriots Unfiltered and they said the R word today???? Say it ain't so! It's a "REBUILD"....Argh, Oh man, sends shivers down me spine. I think they are right. 12 wins from a Rebuilding team, i don't think so. They also talked about a Reis article stating that our recievers have a hard time getting open statistically. Nothing has changed in the passing game except Devon (repair job) and Thorton (Rook). I'm thinking that we have seen the best of this receiving core and that's 2 busts and average at best wide outs, no game changers. I'm preparing myself for the truth.

Pats Unfiltered guys are morons, as are 90% of the listeners who call in. It is wrong to call the 2022 Pats a rebuilding team when the 2021 team made the playoffs. “Rebuilding”indicates that they have no chance to compete this year. They are no means a top 5 team but their coach certainly expects them to be competitive and definitely doesn’t expect this to simply be a rebuilding year. .

I'm thinking that we have seen the best of this receiving core.” Lol. What a terrible take. Their top 2 TE and two of their top 4 WR all just starting their second year in the system and their AB is entering his 2nd year in the league. There is a good chance that Mac, Henry, Smith, Bourne and Agholor are ALL going to be better in ‘22 than ‘21. They’ve now added Parker and Thornton to those pass catchers and they still have one of the top RB duos in the the entire league.

This offense will put up plently of points. Their fortunes are tied to the success of their D.

Not "core," CORPS. Wide receiver CORPS, d%#*!@t! The rest of your post is wrong as well, your remedial work should start with seeking out recent reports on Tre Nixon, Ty Montgomery and Lil'Jordan Humphrey.

Last edited:
There's a lot that's changed in the passing game. J Smith has another year in, H Henry has another year in, Bourne has another year in, we've got Stevenson poised to make a 2nd year leap, Harris in a contract year, Parker who is the best contested catcher in the league, and got much faster at some skill positions. Also Harry won't be taking up a spot. Mac is looking like he got in better shape, got his arm stronger, and worked on his deep ball. He should be poised to make a 2nd year leap too. This offense is looking like it's going to be a top 10 offense

No, no he didnt
So the plan all along was to let him walk and let Stidham (who's not even on the team anymore) take over and then panic-signing Cam Newton? Okay.

No. Brady leaving was best for the franchise in the long run. Had he stayed his cost would have slowed the rebuild (we would have had about 20% of the cap space we used on FA last year) and we’d be watching a team he made competitive but couldn’t come close to winning it all with then starting the rebuild in 2023.

ReBuLdInG

So the plan all along was to let him walk and let Stidham (who's not even on the team anymore) take over and then panic-signing Cam Newton? Okay.
The plan was to load up and win while he was here and start over when the bubble pops.

Not "core," CORPS. Wide receiver CORPS, d%#*!@t! The rest of your post is wrong as well, your remedial work should start with seeking out recent reports on Tre Nixon, Ty Montgomery and Lil'Jordan Humphrey.
So, how many wins if i'm so wrong? They are saying 8 and 9, i agree with that take. Your a 12 win yahoo ain't cha?

So, how many wins if i'm so wrong? They are saying 8 and 9, i agree with that take. Your a 12 win yahoo ain't cha?

You're not responding to my post, I mentioned nothing about number of wins.

1st, Brady had to want to stay, he didn't at that point. 2nd, what, we would gain 3 or 4 more years of Brady? And then what? It looks like they got their heir apparent. He would have spent one of them throwing to the team that Cam did. No, Brady wanted to spend his final years on a team that already had amazing offensive talent, like Manning to the Broncos

yeah

You're not responding to my post, I mentioned nothing about number of wins.
Thats why i am asking you, put up a number. The post claims 12 wins, what say you?

10-7 again but we win the sb this year :)

Honestly, even without the Super Bowl win, 10-7 again this year would be step forward given A) How the AFC looks on paper right now, and B) the fact that they'll have 9 road games instead of 9 homes games this year. It's not a big leap, but at least shows steady improvement. If this team is trending upwards, 10-7 should be the floor we're hoping for.

Thats why i am asking you, put up a number. The post claims 12 wins, what say you?

This is not a copout, but I want to see how the defensive lineup shapes up in training camp. I'll weigh in before the regular season starts.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back