PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

“We’re going through a process”

Oh you mean the guy he coached and developed into bring a Super Bowl winning coordinator replacing the other guy he coached and developed into a SB winning coordinator?

Neither of them were prior defensive coordinators.

Not quite sure how anyone with a brain could think otherwise

I am glad that someone with your wealth of experience playing this game, can watch film and decide that only your interpretation of it can be acceptable.

Matt Patricia wasn’t a defensive coordinator? Really?

And what is your argument? Since he developed a guy with zero experience to be a top, SB winning OC, it would be ridiculous that he could develop a guy who working with him for years, who also started with zero experience and developed into a top Sb winning DC, into an OC so he should have found someone developed in a different organization? Lol.

I am glad that someone with your wealth of experience playing this game, can watch film and decide that only your interpretation of it can be acceptable.
Thanks but if you are trying to counter my opinion perhaps giving reasons you think the offense “looks and smells like dog poop” from that tape.
And FYI I didn’t say only my interpretation can be right, I said your extremely ridiculous one is very wrong.

So, what exactly are you recommending the GOAT coach do?

Pluck someone like Adam Gaze off his couch just because he was an OC somewhere sometime in the past?

Maybe we should just trust the GOAT coach to figure out how to build his coaching staff?

Naw, Moldy Cow knows better, we gotta do what he thinks is right.

Love the BB pressers, just can't miss..especially if he's in a cranky/cantankerous mood. The master of the monotone/ one word response.
TV38 did a promo for Patriots Fifth Quarter with nothing but him saying "Uhhh" "Ummm" "Well" etc.

Beautiful.

Love the BB pressers, just can't miss..especially if he's in a cranky/cantankerous mood. The master of the monotone/ one word response.
Agreed.

BTW, how would this go over for you on a first date? :)

Edit: not out of crankiness, but shyness.

Al Groh was speaking with some reporters the other day and said BB ran zone blocking with his QB rolling out back in Cleveland in the early 90's with Vinnie Testeverde.

The verbiage had to change, they play their former offensive coordinator now head coach in week 15... probably smart.

They had to pare down the offense after breaking away from a 20 year vet QB to simplify it.... they have two college age QB's now and kids everywhere.

Did anyone see anything resembling a west coast offense on Thursday night against the Giants?

No, we didn't.

Too much is being made of "system change," a change in verbiage is simply that.

The offense ultimately won't look that much different.

As far as coaches go BB developed McDaniels and Obie... why can't he do it again?

Al Groh was speaking with some reporters the other day and said BB ran zone blocking with his QB rolling out back in Cleveland in the early 90's with Vinnie Testeverde.

The verbiage had to change, they play their former offensive coordinator now head coach in week 15... probably smart.

They had to pare down the offense after breaking away from a 20 year vet QB to simplify it.... they have two college age QB's now and kids everywhere.

Did anyone see anything resembling a west coast offense on Thursday night against the Giants?

No, we didn't.

Too much is being made of "system change," a change in verbiage is simply that.

The offense ultimately won't look that much different.

As far as coaches go BB developed McDaniels and Obie... why can't he do it again?
Exactly. What’s happening here is the media, and many fans here, hate Belichick. So when BB makes an unusual decision they have to create a narrative to make him look bad.
In this case, instead of hiring a loser like Adam Gase he handles it from within with people he trusts that have different experience.
The media and our posters immediately must trash this, and when the offense morphs, as it dies every year, it now becomes a narrative that BB put idiots in charge who don’t understand the offense do they have to change it.
Everything we are doing we have always done. Some of them we will do more frequently this year, others less.
Ask yourself this. Will the 2022 offense look more different from 2021 than 21 did to 20, or 20 did to 19? Of course not. But where was all the talk then about . “A new offense”? It did t exist. Why? No agenda to push

Thanks but if you are trying to counter my opinion perhaps giving reasons you think the offense “looks and smells like dog poop” from that tape.
And FYI I didn’t say only my interpretation can be right, I said your extremely ridiculous one is very wrong.

Two gm’s look at the same prospect, say cole strange for example.

One GM takes the prospect in the first round without giving any reason.
The other GM is shown on tv laughing at the pick and then makes a snide comment.

Which GM was right and which was wrong?

can you not understand that not everybody sees things the same way and everybody is entitled to their own opinion!

Facts are right or wrong!
Opinions vary by person, even if someone states them as fact.

Two gm’s look at the same prospect, say cole strange for example.

One GM takes the prospect in the first round without giving any reason.
The other GM is shown on tv laughing at the pick and then makes a snide comment.

Which GM was right and which was wrong?

can you not understand that not everybody sees things the same way and everybody is entitled to their own opinion!

Facts are right or wrong!
Opinions vary by person, even if someone states them as fact.
Neither is right if wrong because the opinion is about the future.

“the offense looks and smells like poop” is an ANALYSIS. One you cannot back up. The backups played one game and did reasonably well. That contradicts your opinion.
If I said “Rafael Devers looks and smells like poop as a baseball player” that would be my opinion but it would be stupid. Just like yours was.

Matt Patricia wasn’t a defensive coordinator? Really?

And what is your argument? Since he developed a guy with zero experience to be a top, SB winning OC, it would be ridiculous that he could develop a guy who working with him for years, who also started with zero experience and developed into a top Sb winning DC, into an OC so he should have found someone developed in a different organization? Lol.

I’m simply saying that this will be only the 2nd time in NFL history that this has ever been attempted and we don’t know what will happen.

Neither is right if wrong because the opinion is about the future.

“the offense looks and smells like poop” is an ANALYSIS. One you cannot back up. The backups played one game and did reasonably well. That contradicts your opinion.
If I said “Rafael Devers looks and smells like poop as a baseball player” that would be my opinion but it would be stupid. Just like yours was.

I now know why the phrase “stupid is forever” was created.

Fans would like a little clarity.
I think it's a lot more than that - fans would like their "right" to judge. On the flip side, silence simply facilitates conjecture.

Belichick has never done this before
BB uses a systematic approach to coaching. Coaches are not just "granted" titles and positions unless they have filled that specific role for him previously. Coaches are moved to new titles year to year. They grow in the system and are elevated based on performance and experience. None of this year, or its approach regarding coaching system is "new".

What a hot mess, poor Mac is in the middle of a POOP storm. Has any coach ever attempted to run different OC's during a game on purpose?

I think it's a lot more than that - fans would like their "right" to judge. On the flip side, silence simply facilitates conjecture.
Belichick is responsible for all of it.

Kraft called out his drafts and stated that the 21 season wasnt good enough and that he wants to see more wins. That about covers everything.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back