Will Mac Continue to Start

• Yes

Votes: 27 29.3%
  • No

Votes: 45 48.9%
  • RLKAG,QPT

Votes: 20 21.7%

• Total voters
It's almost like when you have one of the best pass catchers in the league like Kelce who gets the attention of the best CB's or gets double covered the other WR's look better and get more production.

What a thought.
The Pats have two exceptional pass catchers at TE, why doesn’t that make Mac better?

Oh yeah, because Mac sucks and Mahomes is great.

This thinking is way overplayed. If you were such a genius with this amazing foresight then you wouldn't have waited till pick 199 to take Brady, you would have picked him with your first pick of the draft. A genius move to take a flyer on a 6th round QB? I don't think so.
The truth hurts.

The Pats have two exceptional pass catchers at TE, why doesn’t that make Mac better?

Zero pro bowls between the two TE's. "Exceptional". Lol ok Bill.

The truth hurts.
It does indeed. Bill sans the GOAT Tom Brady is just another coach with a losing record. Numbers don't lie.

HAHAHA exceptional lol

• Winner
Reactions: sb1
Zero pro bowls between the two TE's. "Exceptional". Lol ok Bill.
Mac Jones has a pro bowl nod, so does Tyrod Taylor… it’s a meaningless popularity contest.

HAHAHA exceptional lol
Average blockers, exceptional receivers at the TE position.

Mac sucks, weapons won’t make him better.

Mac Jones has a pro bowl nod, so does Tyrod Taylor… it’s a meaningless popularity contest.
So why can't these "exceptional" tight ends be named to even one? I'm even lowering the bar for you I didn't even say All Pros which is what a real exceptional tight end would have on their track record.

They're ok TE's at best. Not even close to exceptional.

Lay off the booze Wozzy, it's still a little too early for that despite being a holiday

"It's all Mac losing games he sucks"

"It's not all Brady, it's a team sport!"

Funny how that works!

So why can't these "exceptional" tight ends be named to even one? I'm even lowering the bar for you I didn't even say All Pros which is what a real exceptional tight end would have on their track record.

They're ok TE's at best. Not even close to exceptional.
Hunter Henry made the all rookie team, when he was a free agent he was the top rated TE free agent according to every football publication on the planet. Now that’s he’s a Patriot “he sucks.” You’re an agenda driven poster… zero credibility.

Hunter Henry made the all rookie team, when he was a free agent he was the top rated TE free agent according to every football publication on the planet. Now that’s he’s a Patriot “he sucks.” You’re an agenda driven poster… zero credibility.
"Not exceptional" = "he sucks". Sure Bill.

I did. Seems you implied they did it as part of a strategy when reality they already had a QB so why keep the pick?

Again your chances are better landing a franchise QB in the top 3. Not sure why that is even a debate?

I never implied that the Pats had the QB. I am just saying they have a lot more needs than just QB and they might be better off getting more picks than gamble on Williams or Maye if they are in the top 3. But say the Pats are in the position to trade down with AZ or Chicago who have multiple first round picks that both should be high and say the Pats can get Harrison and top left tackle, then trade and get veteran like Cousins or Mayfield for a few years and draft a QB in the second round or first round next year. The Pats definitely need a QB, but it doesn't necessarily have to be this year. They need to rebuild the entire roster. Not just the QB position.

You have a better chance to get a franchise QB in the top three, but the odds aren't good that you will draft a franchise QB no matter where you draft a QB whether it is the first pick in the draft or the last pick in the draft. Unless you are absolutely convinced that a QB prospect is going to be a star in the NFL, you shouldn't take him high. That is why the 49ers were idiots to make the trade they made since they didn't even know who they were going to draft, but that they just wanted to draft one of the top QBs.

If the Pats scout Maye or Williams and look at him and are convinced this guy is going to be a superstar in the NFL, then draft him. If they look at them and just listen to the hype, but aren't positive that either will make it and just draft one of them because they need a QB, then they should trade down. Too many teams draft QBs high not because they are convinced that QB is going to be good, but because they need a franchise QB and that QB considered the best QB in the draft or at the position they are drafting.

I never implied that the Pats had the QB. I am just saying they have a lot more needs than just QB and they might be better off getting more picks than gamble on Williams or Maye if they are in the top 3. But say the Pats are in the position to trade down with AZ or Chicago who have multiple first round picks that both should be high and say the Pats can get Harrison and top left tackle, then trade and get veteran like Cousins or Mayfield for a few years and draft a QB in the second round or first round next year. The Pats definitely need a QB, but it doesn't necessarily have to be this year. They need to rebuild the entire roster. Not just the QB position.

You have a better chance to get a franchise QB in the top three, but the odds aren't good that you will draft a franchise QB no matter where you draft a QB whether it is the first pick in the draft or the last pick in the draft. Unless you are absolutely convinced that a QB prospect is going to be a star in the NFL, you shouldn't take him high. That is why the 49ers were idiots to make the trade they made since they didn't even know who they were going to draft, but that they just wanted to draft one of the top QBs.

If the Pats scout Maye or Williams and look at him and are convinced this guy is going to be a superstar in the NFL, then draft him. If they look at them and just listen to the hype, but aren't positive that either will make it and just draft one of them because they need a QB, then they should trade down. Too many teams draft QBs high not because they are convinced that QB is going to be good, but because they need a franchise QB and that QB considered the best QB in the draft or at the position they are drafting.
Trade down when you believe that the guy you really want and would have picked in that slot will still be available in the lower slot.

The trade up for Trey Lance was ridiculous but it worked out well for them anyway now that they have Purdy. Worked well for Miami too unfortunately.

The football Gods are still Pats fans.

Corky Mac stated that he is still starting.

The Pat's need to win this one and buy Corky a couple of more starts. A 4 game losing streak is very possible after the Giants. So we need Jones in there working his magic. 3 - 12 would be sweeeeet closing with the Bills and Jets.

Corky has never lost to the Jets.

• Ha Ha
Trade down when you believe that the guy you really want and would have picked in that slot will still be available in the lower slot.

The trade up for Trey Lance was ridiculous but it worked out well for them anyway now that they have Purdy. Worked well for Miami too unfortunately.

The Lance trade was a disaster. It didn't work out well at all for the 49ers. It will go down in history as one of the worst trades in NFL history. Purdy has nothing to do with that trade and it was just pure luck that they got a solid starting QB with the last pick in the draft after the Lance trade disaster.

Makes sense. The real Super Bowl is on Sunday in Jersey don’t want coach to give away anything.

Makes sense. The real Super Bowl is on Sunday in Jersey don’t want coach to give away anything.

Just Bill looking for every edge he can get. I would be disappointed if he did anything else.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
Back