Votes: 45 48.9%
  • RLKAG,QPT

Votes: 20 21.7%

• Total voters

Pape

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Yes, no, maybe?

Ostensibly he's not that good... but he is better than both Zappe and Grier...

Does he start?

Do we really have a choice but to start him?

②⑦

No.

You can't start him after benching him in a game with 2 minutes left and a chance to win.

Im Not No Way GIF

Ray Lewis tho.

I hope not

The fact that the staff was so down on Zappe and never truly addressed the backup QB spot this summer is just pure negligence.
I don't think they were down on Zappe until camp. And then it was too late.

I don’t think you can start him after pulling him in that situation and the game on the line. If he starts Mac against nyg then he never should have pulled him. Just adds to the circus if Mac is still starting.

He probably shouldn't. But the way Zappe ended that game probably means he's hard sell now too. And I've seen no indication they trust Cunningham. So maybe Grier....?

The QB room sucks so much that something that shouldn't be a quetsion is now a question

There were and still are serviceable back ups on the street. No one who would knock your socks off, but better than Zappe or Grier. Nick Foles is still available. Carson Wentz was available until last week. There are others.

The second that Belichick lost faith in Zappe and deemed him cutable, he should have reached out to one of the seasoned veterans even if he had faith in Mac at that point. You cannot go into the season with no back up QB you trust.

It is amazing to me that Zappe looked like a functional backup QB with a DC calling plays and he has looked like this since getting a real OC. The regression from so many of these young players has been a killer for us.

There were and still are serviceable back ups on the street. No one who would knock your socks off, but better than Zappe or Grier. Nick Foles is still available. Carson Wentz was available until last week. There are others.

The second that Belichick lost faith in Zappe and deemed him cutable, he should have reached out to one of the seasoned veterans even if he had faith in Mac at that point. You cannot go into the season with no back up QB you trust.
I think that tells you how little they think of Foles and Wentz.

They'll do that with Zap and Grier.
The Pat's will beat the Giants.

I'm fine with 3 - 14.

I'm also fine with Corky coming back on his cheap option. Give the new Pats QB the task of beating Corky for the starting job.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back