PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why are we getting shafted with scheduling???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, for those of us who have wandered afar from the New England area do not have the luxurory of being able to turn on the TV at 1:00 or 4:30 on a Sunday and be assured of our Patriots viewing. So you have to go to the bar, where the Pats are going to be on the little screen off in the corner with no sound, squinting to see, having to practicly mug the bartender to get a beer (because you are not a fan of his team) and finally trying to not beat the hell out of the rowdy dolphins fan that is trying to start some ****. All because you can't get satalite signal into a ground floor apartment that you SO insited you get, and you can not get sunday ticket with f*()ing cable.

So forgive those of us that only get to sit home, on our own furniture, with beer from our own fridge, on the big flat screen with suround sound, only on those times when we get a national coverage game.
Nice rant, oh poster child for us way out of town Pats fans.;)

Holy Crap, You'd have thought the entire schedule was out, from the title of this lame thread.

When did the league stop caring about top dollars in advertising?? This just doesnt make any sense......I know we are probably going to have 3 or 4 primetime games on monday and sunday night anyway but come on...give the pats a little love
They want Pats-Colts to be a primetime game during the November "sweeps" period, which is more valuable than September.

Ummm, that's a PRE-SEASON game in China.

Many NFL pre-season games have taken place in Europe since 1986.

Europe is another continent.

fair enough.

first NFL game in China.

my original point stands, however.

Let's not forget that the Patriots are participating in the first NFL game ever played on another continent, which is likely to garner plenty of attention leading up to opening weekend.
Well the Pats are playing a preseason game on another continent and the NFL has played NFL preseason games on other continents before.

However, there will be a first when a real game gets played on another continent when the Dolphins play the Giants in London.

I'd go so far as to say that the NE front office put a lot of pressure on the NFL schedulers to ease up on the amount of prime time games they assigned the pats early on, allowing them to get settled after the big trip to china.
They'll have 4 weeks after getting back from China to "get settled". I don't think they will still be jet lagged by opening day.

I really dont understand......I REALLY dont.......

First they pospone the revenge by having the saints play the colts in the opener instead of giving the audience the game that every single football fan would rather see (outside Louisiana) and the game that would make network revenue head salivate with the thought of profit....

I am alone in thinking that the Saints and Colts will be a great season opener? I surely won't miss it.

Well, for those of us who have wandered afar from the New England area do not have the luxurory of being able to turn on the TV at 1:00 or 4:30 on a Sunday and be assured of our Patriots viewing. So you have to go to the bar, where the Pats are going to be on the little screen off in the corner with no sound, squinting to see, having to practicly mug the bartender to get a beer (because you are not a fan of his team) and finally trying to not beat the hell out of the rowdy dolphins fan that is trying to start some ****. All because you can't get satalite signal into a ground floor apartment that you SO insited you get, and you can not get sunday ticket with f*()ing cable.

So forgive those of us that only get to sit home, on our own furniture, with beer from our own fridge, on the big flat screen with suround sound, only on those times when we get a national coverage game.

Hey, count yourself lucky! Here the nationally-televised games, which we do tend to get, start at a time when beer from your own fridge is not an option. It's cocoa from the kettle, wrap yourself up in a duvet and hope the Pats can kill the game off in good time to get at least 3 hours sleep before work.

it makes sense not to start the season with colts-pats. they don't need that matchup to sell the opening game. as to not playing on thanksgiving, what's the big deal. do we really want to play on three days rest?

my only scheduling concern out of all of this is that we don't get the colts, cowboys or jests on ten days rest after their thanksgiving game. now, that's something to worry about.

I am alone in thinking that the Saints and Colts will be a great season opener? I surely won't miss it.
Neither will I! Besides, I'd rather see Brady get a chance to play with his new toys and work out the kinks on a few regular opponents before puttin' an *****-Whoopin' on the Colts!

Hey, count yourself lucky! Here the nationally-televised games, which we do tend to get, start at a time when beer from your own fridge is not an option. It's cocoa from the kettle, wrap yourself up in a duvet and hope the Pats can kill the game off in good time to get at least 3 hours sleep before work.

This is the perfect analogy for every fan who doesnt live in NE and doesnt have Direct TV

But apparently for must of the jerks on this board not living in new england either makes you a jets spy (I would love to meet the brainiac who originally tied those two points togethor so I could take a picture of the STUPIDEST man in the world) or unworthy to contribute to this board

This is the perfect analogy for every fan who doesnt live in NE and doesnt have Direct TV

But apparently for must of the jerks on this board not living in new england either makes you a jets spy (I would love to meet the brainiac who originally tied those two points togethor so I could take a picture of the STUPIDEST man in the world) or unworthy to contribute to this board

Nice signature. At least you're not being dramatic about it.:rolleyes:

Neither will I! Besides, I'd rather see Brady get a chance to play with his new toys and work out the kinks on a few regular opponents before puttin' an *****-Whoopin' on the Colts!

Ya, maybe the league actually wanted to give the Pats a fighting chance instead of starting off 0-1 right out of the gate. ;)

Ya, maybe the league actually wanted to give the Pats a fighting chance instead of starting off 0-1 right out of the gate. ;)

HA!

Shut it. :)

Break down and get DIRECT TV...you can save your beer bar money to pay for it.

Break down and get DIRECT TV...you can save your beer bar money to pay for it.

Jesus....for the 80th time....some people live in apartment complexes that prohibit the use of satellite dishes...... is that a little known fact or something??

After 36 posts, I vote for all games on Sundays @ 1:00 PM.. the rest of the time I have to wait too long..

I know you should be happy the Pats should be playing at the Jets week 1

Jesus....for the 80th time....some people live in apartment complexes that prohibit the use of satellite dishes...... is that a little known fact or something??

"For the 80th time"???????

You only have 20 posts, Einstein.

Looks like you need to break down and buy a house then. There are some great deals on variable mortgages right now....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft