PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We have disappeared from national sports shows

LOL....the National Media still writes about the Pats...A LOT....

"The Patriot Way Is Dead"
"Belichick Coaching For His Job In Germany"
etc....

BB will be fired this off season making them ineligible for the show.
Oh I didn’t know a coaching change would make them ineligible. Thought it was just missing the playoffs for a few years and not being featured on the show before.

We’re so bad our division rivals barely even take any pleasure in it. It’s like getting revenge on a corpse because he did you wrong when he was alive.

There were earlier in the season as the main topic was how Bill was getting exposed. This has continued as the losses pile up.

Last edited:
I am not a local and so never watched or listened to Boston sports. I have always gotten my Pats talk fix from national shows. For nearly 20 years Pats have always been a mainstay on sports shows and now they have completely disappeared.

It's shocking given that Cowboys and Steelers always get attention. Same with New York teams, Packers and even 49ers. Do we carry very little national attention now that we suck?

How will that impact the team valuation and therefore Kraft's decision making? I doubt he thought this would happen even if we sucked for a while.
Continuing to loose and look unwatchable as they have all season.. sponsor's will start to back out.. that will get ownerships attention. The Gillette company is there biggest one obviously. So if they backed out then they will be back to Foxborough stadium. The winning has allowed them to become a multi billion dollar franchise. So it's all on ownership from here on out.. do they want to continue loosing and looking the way they have or do they want to do something about it and build modern NFL team.

Oh I didn’t know a coaching change would make them ineligible. Thought it was just missing the playoffs for a few years and not being featured on the show before.
Teams with first-year coaches are exempt.

Continuing to loose and look unwatchable as they have all season.. sponsor's will start to back out.. that will get ownerships attention. The Gillette company is there biggest one obviously. So if they backed out then they will be back to Foxborough stadium. The winning has allowed them to become a multi billion dollar franchise. So it's all on ownership from here on out.. do they want to continue loosing and looking the way they have or do they want to do something about it and build modern NFL team.
Lose means you dont win.

Loose means the girl you want to meet in a bar.

so sorry RF02... pet peeve... seen it twice now in 24 hours or so... gotta scratch that "it drives me ****ing crazy" itch every now and again...

Last edited:
Losing national attention may be a good thing, of course there is Florio who heard something from a guy who knew a guy who overheard a guy say..

Losing national attention may be a good thing, of course there is Florio who heard something from a guy who knew a guy who overheard a guy say..
That was florio at one point... guy used to say what he felt, regardless... was a read every hour site for the longest time...

Now not so much... he's tied into the league, got connections with players and agents... basically tows the company line at this point... removed the link from my phone browser, i read the site once every few days on my computer if i remember...

I bought tickets well below face value on Ticketmaster around 11 am. the 300s were maybe 75% full at kickoff and by the third quarter they were half full if Krafty Bob is lucky. The lines for my $14 Lord Hobo were very short, unlike years past. After the game the free lot across the street was maybe half full.
The bandwagoners don't realize the Boston is not a football town. Many fans will drop the Pats as soon as they follow up this years 4 or 5 win season with another 4 or 5 win campaign next season. When the team sucks people don't go to the games. This area is not like Green Bay, Denver, Dallas, etc. For years you could walk up to the ticket booth and get tickets on game day, then that became harder to do after Orthwein hired Parcells. You could still get tickets on game day, but had to be in line at the old stadium very early. Enter Brady, that all went out the window.
The Patriots were never a national team. They will face back into obscurity just like they were obscure for the entire franchise existence from 1960 to 2000. Yes there were some good teams - late 70s, mid 80s, mid to late 90s. But the Brady years were the outlier for this franchise. When Krafty Bob wanted to move the club to Hartford, no one really gave a ****. The Patriots mattered so little that the state legislature, who never miss an opportunity to throw money around, refused to give Krafty Bob on cent for his stadium - "Chisel that one on my gravestone."
People on here do not grasp how much this complete idiot of a head coach and GM has destroyed the future of this team. The offensive cupboard is completely bare. There is nothing on this team on the offensive side off the football and the coach still tries to win 17-14.
Krafty Bob is damned if he do and damned if he don't regarding the fraudulent HC of the NEP. Look at the franchises throughout this league that have had a season like this - it takes forever - if they ever - bounce back to become contenders again, and almost always includes the drafting of a franchise quarterback - Burrow, Allen, Lawrence, even Herbert - or the signing of a bright, young offensive mind - Shanahan, Siriani, McVay - or a combination of both....is this within the realm of possibility if Krafty hangs on to Bill or Mayo? Lets not forget - the Pats need to leapfrog Allen, Mahomes, Tagavailoa, Burrow, Rodgers, Herbert, Jackson, and it looks like Stroud next season.
Buckle up PatsFans, it's going to be a long road back to contention

I am not a local and so never watched or listened to Boston sports. I have always gotten my Pats talk fix from national shows. For nearly 20 years Pats have always been a mainstay on sports shows and now they have completely disappeared.

It's shocking given that Cowboys and Steelers always get attention. Same with New York teams, Packers and even 49ers. Do we carry very little national attention now that we suck?

How will that impact the team valuation and therefore Kraft's decision making? I doubt he thought this would happen even if we sucked for a while.
Good. I don’t want them national news right now.

Lose means you dont win.

Loose means the girl you want to meet in a bar.

so sorry RF02... pet peeve... seen it twice now in 24 hours or so... gotta scratch that "it drives me ****ing crazy" itch every now and again...
For some reason that reminded me of this...

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearer at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

A few years ago I met a nice young man who's on radio and I told him that I didn't listen because they don't cover sports outside of 495. I'd enjoy hearing about other teams from around the country.

Because winning in the nfl is just a matter of wanting to.

For some reason that reminded me of this...

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearer at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
i love it...

Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

Unfortunately if you look at the teams that bottomed out in terms of W-L (other thanl losing a franchise qb to season ending injury) it takes years to bounce back to contender status.
The exceptions are team who suddenly found a franchise qb like ravens with lj, bengals with burrows, eagles with hurts.
If a team does not find lightning in a bottle they can stay irrelevant for many years.

NE Jets

Unfortunately if you look at the teams that bottomed out in terms of W-L (other thanl losing a franchise qb to season ending injury) it takes years to bounce back to contender status.
The exceptions are team who suddenly found a franchise qb like ravens with lj, bengals with burrows, eagles with hurts.
If a team does not find lightning in a bottle they can stay irrelevant for many years.
That might be true, but the Patriots also have more cap space than anyone over the next three seasons. If they actually spend it wisely on offense, they could be back in a year or two.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back