PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why are we getting shafted with scheduling???

Status
Not open for further replies.

theONLYJerseypatsfan

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I really dont understand......I REALLY dont.......

First they pospone the revenge by having the saints play the colts in the opener instead of giving the audience the game that every single football fan would rather see (outside Louisiana) and the game that would make network revenue head salivate with the thought of profit....

Then instead of an awesome Thanksgiving Pats vs Cowboys (dynasty of the 90s vs dynasty of this decade is how I would bill it) game they give us the cowboys vs the mangyna jets!!!! Again.....no one outside jersey (except me...the ONLY jersey pats fan) and NY would rather see that game.....its bad enough I have to go to a sports bar every sunday to watch the pats games....now I have to sit through the probably by then 2-10 jets (life sucks when you dont have the texans and browns to play every year) play the cowboys.....

When did the league stop caring about top dollars in advertising?? This just doesnt make any sense......I know we are probably going to have 3 or 4 primetime games on monday and sunday night anyway but come on...give the pats a little love

Quit whining - you sound like a Colts fan.

Posts like this make me think you are a troll who is trying to paint Patriots fans as a bunch of crybaby losers.

Posts like this make me think you are a troll who is trying to paint Patriots fans as a bunch of crybaby losers.

Believe me, that thought has crossed many of our minds.

First they pospone the revenge by having the saints play the colts in the opener instead of giving the audience the game that every single football fan would rather see (outside Louisiana) and the game that would make network revenue head salivate with the thought of profit....

Said it before, I'll say it again: the reason you cited is exactly why they're not using that game as the kickoff opener; the kickoff is going to get good ratings with one good team, so why "waste" it on a premier matchup that is itself guaranteed to get good ratings?

[In other words, which is better: two games watched by 40 million people, or one game watched by 60 million and one watched by 15 million?]

May I suggest deleting the 1st post and this thread? Chortle! :)

I don't care. If I had my way, all Patriots games would be Sunday at 1 or 4:30.

The subject of this thread is what Jests fans worry about.:eek:

I believe its better to have more Normal games..Sunday afternoon and a couple of prime time games. This is better for us fans and I'm sure the players.

Yah, I drive over 100 miles each way and as I age my night vision will begin to deteriorate. I hate night games. 1PM works for me.

Well, for those of us who have wandered afar from the New England area do not have the luxurory of being able to turn on the TV at 1:00 or 4:30 on a Sunday and be assured of our Patriots viewing. So you have to go to the bar, where the Pats are going to be on the little screen off in the corner with no sound, squinting to see, having to practicly mug the bartender to get a beer (because you are not a fan of his team) and finally trying to not beat the hell out of the rowdy dolphins fan that is trying to start some ****. All because you can't get satalite signal into a ground floor apartment that you SO insited you get, and you can not get sunday ticket with f*()ing cable.

So forgive those of us that only get to sit home, on our own furniture, with beer from our own fridge, on the big flat screen with suround sound, only on those times when we get a national coverage game.

Well, for those of us who have wandered afar from the New England area do not have the luxurory of being able to turn on the TV at 1:00 or 4:30 on a Sunday and be assured of our Patriots viewing. So you have to go to the bar, where the Pats are going to be on the little screen off in the corner with no sound, squinting to see, having to practicly mug the bartender to get a beer (because you are not a fan of his team) and finally trying to not beat the hell out of the rowdy dolphins fan that is trying to start some ****. All because you can't get satalite signal into a ground floor apartment that you SO insited you get, and you can not get sunday ticket with f*()ing cable.

So forgive those of us that only get to sit home, on our own furniture, with beer from our own fridge, on the big flat screen with suround sound, only on those times when we get a national coverage game.

this is me and i'd still prefer the pats at 1pm sunday. they are geared to 1 pm sunday and that's when i want them playing even if i must start drinking beer at 10 am west coast time. i am willing to sacrifice myself for the team.

It's all about choices.

But you did make me cry.:rofl:

this is me and i'd still prefer the pats at 1pm sunday. they are geared to 1 pm sunday and that's when i want them playing even if i must start drinking beer at 10 am west coast time. i am willing to sacrifice myself for the team.

I agree, it is proably best to have the games at 1:00, but it is nice once and while to get to watch.

It's all about choices.

Yeah, that why she got cut from the squad and hopefully before the next season starts I will be in a new place. But that is niether here nor there.

Gotcha. If it were up to my personal convenience, all the games would be on at times with no other commitments and the kids asleep, like Monday nights. The worst is Thanksgiving, which is a day I spend cooking and -- <gasp> -- actually visiting with relatives. The tv simply does not come on that day in our household. Is that heresy on this board? :)

(Our tv is in our basement rec room, and during the offseason it doesn't get much love. Yesterday a Verizon rep called and started his big spiel about their new FIOS tv service. I was able to throw him off his script with the statement: "gosh, I haven't turned the tv in weeks!")

take off your pats-colored glasses. the only people interested in the Patriots are Pats fans and the fans of whichever team they're playing. fans of other afc competitors are watching the scoreboard but probably not the game.

the saints are the hot new team and the jets play in the largest market in country. these decisions were in fact made with money and marketing in mind.

also, it's not like NE is a historically significant team with a huge following like Pitt or Dallas.

Let's not forget that the Patriots are participating in the first NFL game ever played on another continent, which is likely to garner plenty of attention leading up to opening weekend.

I'd go so far as to say that the NE front office put a lot of pressure on the NFL schedulers to ease up on the amount of prime time games they assigned the pats early on, allowing them to get settled after the big trip to china.

as for Thanksgiving, who cares? who wants their team to play a game that counts on 3 days rest with no time to practice?

Plus, we played on Thanksgiving like 4 years ago, didn't we?

Have to agree - I'd rather have the Pats play at 1:00 every Sunday. I hate waiting all day (or worse when it's Monday night) when they play late. I have four kids and they are climbing the walls by 4:00 on Sunday (thereby making me miss 1/2 the game when they whine for me to give them dinner [the nerve!] right in the middle of the game), and I'm putting them to bed in the middle of a Sunday or Monday night game. I hope we get "dissed" royally when the schedule comes out! Also, I think playing early on Sunday lets us fly under the radar a little until the end of the season when the real fun begins!

I agree with the others (save the Patriots - Colts game for later in the season). Many NFL fans aren't awake to the new season yet, especially on a Thursday night. It would be wasted then.

Don't throw him in with us.

:eek:

Let's not forget that the Patriots are participating in the first NFL game ever played on another continent, which is likely to garner plenty of attention leading up to opening weekend.

Ummm, that's a PRE-SEASON game in China.

Many NFL pre-season games have taken place in Europe since 1986.

Europe is another continent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey