PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We. Have. Revis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I heard the rumors that the Pats were even interested in Mevis I was like eh he'll cost too much. Then Talib signed with Denver for WAAAAY too much money, not that I blame him I would have done the same if someone offered me 25% more then I was worth. So I started thinking about Revis and what I would offer if I was the GM. He's better then Talib no question about that and even though he is a souless mercenary he is one of the top two CB's in the league. I said to myself I will be happy if he signs for 8-10 mil a year, accepting of 12 mil and year and pissed for anything more. So while I am not jumping for joy, 12 mil is a lot of money, the fact that its basically a one year rental at the acceptable limit has me curious to see how it will work out.

Talib was a great CB, don't get me wrong, but he was injured so often. I hope that Revis will be healthy for the whole season.

Also, can we get Browner now?

Is he signed or not?

i love this just knowing how much jets fans hate it. :D:D:D

Jets fans having major meltdown

so, with franchise tag we're looking at a 2year/$24 million deal...with option out after 1st year with no additional cost. :rocker:

I'm pretty sure Revis' agent is smart enough to demand a no-tag clause on a 1 year deal. Still I will take one year of the best CB in the league over the gaping hole of nothing we had there just 24 hours previously!!

BB striking while the iron is hot!! I love this move! As soon as they learned talib was a goner, the Pats made an aggressive move to secure the best CB available on the market!! Let's give Bill some credit this time, folks!

Revis Island has moved to Foxboro!! *fistpump*

:rocker:

We are a Big Vince release (I know, it sucks but...) from being able to sign Edelman, Melton, and Woodyard. Draft the TE/DE/S and prepare to take down Manning.

HEHEHEHE

Nick Underhill ‏@Nick_Underhill 1m
Revis since 2010: 56 games, 223 targets, 100 receptions allowed for 1,334 yards.

Nick Underhill ‏@Nick_Underhill 2m
Talib since 2010 (via @PFF): 56 games, 265 targets, 156 receptions allowed for 2,422 yards.

No retraction on NFL.com and this was updated at 9:20 PM after Revis BM tweet.

Darrelle Revis, Patriots agree to one-year contract - NFL.com

flash7.gif

So I started thinking about Revis and what I would offer if I was the GM. He's better then Talib no question about that and even though he is a souless mercenary he is one of the top two CB's in the league. I said to myself I will be happy if he signs for 8-10 mil a year, accepting of 12 mil and year and pissed for anything more. So while I am not jumping for joy, 12 mil is a lot of money, the fact that its basically a one year rental at the acceptable limit has me curious to see how it will work out.

Soulless mercenary? So is Mankins, so is Wilfork and so is Edelman, apparently. I don't blame Talib for bolting. Short window to make as much as you can - and the whole time, you have agents, managers and everyone else trying to stuff their hands in your pockets.

Players (even those who are married to world-class Supermodels) have every right to grab as much $$$$ as they can. Ask Zuseviks, or Gregory, or Moe how fast it can all change.

Revis for 12-million is a steal, especially on a new team.

I think I am in some weird alternate universe--this cannot be happening. Now draft Calvin Pryor and we would have a sick defensive backfield...

YAHOO!!!!

This changes the whole defensive makeup for the Patriots, freeing up a safety for blitzes and such....

This is a joke.

$12m?

That's it?

Is there an agreement not to franchise him?

Because if not, Revis is an idiot.

My thoughts exactly. But his last contract with the Jets included a clause that prevented the franchise tag. Gotta figure that his agent would include that here with the Patriots as well.

I think that Revis is kind of foolish anyway...he signs a contract with the Bucs for ZERO guaranteed money, and now he signs just a one-year deal. What if he gets hurt? What if his value diminishes somehow?

This guy could clean up with a long-term deal. Don't think he's covering all his bases here. There is that, but...

This is a fantastic pick-up by the Patriots though. No denying that.

Nick Underhill ‏@Nick_Underhill 1m
Revis since 2010: 56 games, 223 targets, 100 receptions allowed for 1,334 yards.

Nick Underhill ‏@Nick_Underhill 2m
Talib since 2010 (via @PFF): 56 games, 265 targets, 156 receptions allowed for 2,422 yards.

Yeah, but Revis was covering WR2's...right?

What is there to complain about? Revis is arguably the BEST DEFENSIVE PLAYER in the entire freaking league. Add that to Gronk, the best offensive player in the league, the best QB in the league, the best coach in the league, and everything else we have going for us, and our play making ability in the play offs is looking pretty sweet.

On top of that, the Broncos finally have a tough schedule for a change.
Home field advantage is all but ours!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick