PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vrabel fired in TN!

a good thing

Let's see what his next 20 years brings
What I don't like about Vrabel is that he has allowed Derrick Henry to burn himself out in games and the following game (postseason) the Titans lose because Henry is not producing. Like in 2020. Henry had 250 yards vs Houston and 51 yards vs the Ravens Wildcard round loss. Or, 2019, Henry rushed for 195 yards in the Titans Divisional round win vs the Ravens and 69 yards vs the Chiefs in the AFC Conference loss the next week.

Vrabel is a river boat gambler.

Also, he seemed content rolling with Tannehill. Titans had good defense and run game, but mediocre QB. Who does that remind of you of?

Kid can flat out coach - whatever team takes a chance on him will be very happy in the future.
I agree. Has a strange demeanor but definitely carries a lot of what I think, are strong BB character traits.

Let's be clear on this. Harbaugh is absolutely the best coach available. I'd take him over Belichick in a second. That 49ERS team he assembled was a serious squad. Unfortunately he was sabotaged by the GM. It was another power struggle.
Harbaugh took the 49ers to the NFC Championship 3 out of his 4 years in Frisco.

Honestly what’s the point of firing Bill and the. Just hire all his people like mayo, vrabel, McDaniel.

I’m coming around to keep bill, maybe bring in McDaniel and Vrabel as asst head coaches (with promise vrabel will be head coach in 2 years).
A lot of good the promises did Mayo.

Also, he seemed content rolling with Tannehill. Titans had good defense and run game, but mediocre QB. Who does that remind of you of?
Certainly not the patriots.

We have the worst Qb's in the NFL. An upgrade to a mediocre QB like Tannahill would have been and would be a major upgrade.

I’m warming up to Vrab if Bill leaves.

I’m warming up to Vrab if Bill leaves.
Vrabel is a really good choice for the job and now I’m pumped because TN stupidly fired him. They even acknowledged it has nothing to do with his performance but about a power struggle with their GM.

People keep saying the team “plays hard for Bill.” Really? Multiple guys throwing him under the bus to the media. 2-7 second half. Lost as home favorites to Commanders, Giants and Jets. The Titans despite their own crap roster played spoiler against the Dolphins and Jaguars, two teams that at one point were considered serious contenders.

Vrabel has gone to an AFC Championship Game with Ryan Tannehill. The players clearly like him, they execute, and best of all I don’t think Vrabel is stubbornly set in a particular offensive scheme. He ran the ball a lot because that was the team strength with Henry and he never had a good quarterback. It’s impressive he had a +.500 record with the garbage he’s had throwing the ball. Plus the fans should love his personality and can appreciate how great he was as a player in terms of team over individual buy in.

Yup

Bill out
Vrabel and Josh in
Time to move forward, not backwards. Jawsh has proven three times he’s useless without having the greatest QB ever. Leftwich might as well get consideration if Jawsh does.

Time to move forward, not backwards. Jawsh has proven three times he’s useless without having the greatest QB ever. Leftwich might as well get consideration if Jawsh does.
Mac as a rookie had his best year under Josh. Not my first choice but far from useless.

Certainly not the patriots.

We have the worst Qb's in the NFL. An upgrade to a mediocre QB like Tannahill would have been and would be a major upgrade.
Corky is mediocre at best.

Josh wont abandon BB just like that.

If BB is fired (which looks like the only way that he is leaving after the 730 am press conference), then Josh and Stevie B are also out IMO.
I think there's a better than good chance both would go with Bill to a new team.

But there would be some logic to each not doing it.

If Stephen could stay here as the DC for a new strong offensive head coach it would be the ideal spot to get out from under his father. He'd get to be the official DC and his father wouldn't get the credit but he also wouldn't be doing everything from scratch just keeping it going.

Josh might never get another HC job but I don't see how being Bills OC again helps him to do that. I think his only real chance to HC again would be if he is an OC for another SB champ but not Bill.

Of course both could delay that for a few more years with Bill.

Honestly what’s the point of firing Bill and the. Just hire all his people like mayo, vrabel, McDaniel.

I’m coming around to keep bill, maybe bring in McDaniel and Vrabel as asst head coaches (with promise vrabel will be head coach in 2 years).

That's a lot of alpha dog ego on one staff.

BB remains a great game-planner/game-day tactician, but he has botched pretty much everything else. Personally, I'd like to see Vrabel as head coach with his OC -- whoever it is -- given ample resources and leeway.

It says a lot about his awareness of those around him if he wasn't involved. I'd rather Vrabel as at least he is an adult.
Harbaugh will sell is soul for a win.

Love it but dangerous as well.

Who knows, Henry himself is a free agent and seems to like Vrabel. Obviously not peak Henry now but still a good player.

Henry is not at his peak but he is extremely well respected around the league, if they hire Vrabel then Henry would be a wise free agent signing to establish the culture. Obviously Vrabel would want to try to carry forward Bill's culture to a certain extent, but Henry would be vital to bridging the gap between the Belichick way and the Vrabel way, especially with a rookie QB. This team will be devoid of many veteran leaders with Slater retired.

I think there's a better than good chance both would go with Bill to a new team.

But there would be some logic to each not doing it.

If Stephen could stay here as the DC for a new strong offensive head coach it would be the ideal spot to get out from under his father. He'd get to be the official DC and his father wouldn't get the credit but he also wouldn't be doing everything from scratch just keeping it going.

Josh might never get another HC job but I don't see how being Bills OC again helps him to do that. I think his only real chance to HC again would be if he is an OC for another SB champ but not Bill.

Of course both could delay that for a few more years with Bill.
I believe that the new NEP HC would want to clean house.

Loose lips sink franchises.

Vrabel is hot now, most consider him a top NFL coach, he will take another head coaching job, he's not going to wait around as an assistant with his demand at a peak.
Not sure Vrabel is "his people", he played for him and was ceremoniously traded away, never coached on a BB team. I'm sure he learned a ton from BB but he is not a coaching disciple of BB.
Vrabel should already be in Kraft's office; he is the guy!

Great article on Vrabel:

Great article! Thanks for sharing.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3