PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vrabel fired in TN!

Vrabel ain't even gonna last 3 years here.

He doesn't have anyone close to Henry to carry his ass.
Who knows, Henry himself is a free agent and seems to like Vrabel. Obviously not peak Henry now but still a good player.

Hiring Vrabel before settling the GM situation too seems like forced marriage potential and Vrabel has already had 2 power struggles with GMs in Tennessee.

You're in danger of trending to a coach with too much power from day 1.
They traded AJ Brown out from under him. I’m glad he pushed back.

No question Harbaugh is a bit of a weirdo....but the cat wins where he goes.

I struggle w/ Vrabes. I don't see him as a org builder like Harbaugh. Def a smart guy and players play hard for him.
Let's be clear on this. Harbaugh is absolutely the best coach available. I'd take him over Belichick in a second. That 49ERS team he assembled was a serious squad. Unfortunately he was sabotaged by the GM. It was another power struggle.

Nothing against Vrabel. I loved him as a player for the Patriots organization.

But it's pretty clear that coaches that leave from the Belichick coaching tree tend to FAIL outside New England.

Josh McDaniels, Joe Judge, Mike Vrabel, etc. all had losing records when trying to take on larger coaching responsibilities.

If we move on from BB I suggest we avoid his coaching tree for his replacement in the interest of winning more football games.

But it's pretty clear that coaches that leave from the Belichick coaching tree tend to FAIL outside New England.

Josh McDaniels, Joe Judge, Mike Vrabel, etc. all had losing records when trying to take on larger coaching responsibilities.

If we move on from BB I suggest we avoid his coaching tree for his replacement in the interest of winning more football games.
Does he count as a coach from the Belichick tree since he only played under BB but was never an asst coach here?

If it can somehow be done... make Vrabel the Assistant Head Coach if BB stays. Have him be the actual DC. Just get him on staff somehow to maybe get Belichick on board with some modernizing.

Vrabel doesn’t have a losing record..

The question is, did they fail solely because of their coaching? Or because they got nowhere near the autonomy that BB got from Kraft.

Don't forget that a huge reason BB has had enormous success in NE is because he had free reign. He ran the ship as he saw fit and Kraft stayed out of the way.

How many owners do that? Most of them spoil the meat by poking at it too much.

Let's be clear on this. Harbaugh is absolutely the best coach available. I'd take him over Belichick in a second. That 49ERS team he assembled was a serious squad. Unfortunately he was sabotaged by the GM. It was another power struggle.
Yep. That's kinda my take as well.

Gotta wonder what Kraft thinks of the cheating stuff/Stalions...

Yep. That's kinda my take as well.

Gotta wonder what Kraft thinks of the cheating stuff/Stalions...
It says a lot about his awareness of those around him if he wasn't involved. I'd rather Vrabel as at least he is an adult.

Vrabel isn’t part of BB coaching tree.

Honestly what’s the point of firing Bill and the. Just hire all his people like mayo, vrabel, McDaniel.

I’m coming around to keep bill, maybe bring in McDaniel and Vrabel as asst head coaches (with promise vrabel will be head coach in 2 years).

If it can somehow be done... make Vrabel the Assistant Head Coach if BB stays. Have him be the actual DC. Just get him on staff somehow to maybe get Belichick on board with some modernizing.
What about Jerod Mayo and Steve Belichick? The guys actually in line for that job who have done nothing to get passed over.

Hiring Vrabel before settling the GM situation too seems like forced marriage potential and Vrabel has already had 2 power struggles with GMs in Tennessee.

You're in danger of trending to a coach with too much power from day 1.
You don't get someone of Vrabel's caliber of coach without him having say in who the GM is.
If you decide Vrabel is the coach you want, then you get him first and then GM. If you love someone for GM more than you love Vrabel for coach, then you can hire the GM first and let him be involved in hiring the coach.

Honestly what’s the point of firing Bill and the. Just hire all his people like mayo, vrabel, McDaniel.

I’m coming around to keep bill, maybe bring in McDaniel and Vrabel as asst head coaches (with promise vrabel will be head coach in 2 years).
Vrabel is hot now, most consider him a top NFL coach, he will take another head coaching job, he's not going to wait around as an assistant with his demand at a peak.
Not sure Vrabel is "his people", he played for him and was ceremoniously traded away, never coached on a BB team. I'm sure he learned a ton from BB but he is not a coaching disciple of BB.
Vrabel should already be in Kraft's office; he is the guy!

Great article on Vrabel:

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back