PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vinatieri Signs With Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.
NE_PATS_FAN_54 said:
JUST A KICKER?????JUST A KICKER????
yea just a kicker that won us not 1, not 2 , BUT 3 GOD DAM SUPERBOWLS!!!!!!!
just a kicker that is the most clutch kicker IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL!!!
its time for lobel to hit the panic button
Did someone forget to take his/her meds today?
Let me get this straight. What you are saying is that without Vinatieri we wouldn't have won any of those 3 SB's? And here I thought that Brady and the rest of the gang were more responsible for those wins. Goes to show you what I know about football. My brain could have never reached the brilliant conclusion that only Vinatieri can kick game/SB winning kicks? It is clear to me know that any other kicker would have turned into Scott Norwood in any of those sittuations.

wistahpatsfan said:
Not true, Sey,
He gets in 1st ballot. No one will ever forget his HUGE kicks.

I remember hearing one of the ESPN 'experts' saying that Vinatieri's only chance of making the Hall is if he stays in Foxboro for the rest of his career and doesn't miss any big game kicks. Take that for what you will, but there isn't an abundance of special teamers in the HOF.

Please, dear god, tell me this is not true....

Odlirama said:
Did someone forget to take his/her meds today?
Let me get this straight. What you are saying is that without Vinatieri we wouldn't have won any of those 3 SB's? And here I thought that Brady and the rest of the gang were more responsible for those wins. Goes to show you what I know about football. My brain could have never reached the brilliant conclusion that only Vinatieri can kick game/SB winning kicks? It is clear to me know that any other kicker would have turned into Scott Norwood in any of those sittuations.
without vinatieri, the pats dont win all those SB'S.

Seymour93 said:
I remember hearing one of the ESPN 'experts' saying that Vinatieri's only chance of making the Hall is if he stays in Foxboro for the rest of his career and doesn't miss any big game kicks. Take that for what you will, but there isn't an abundance of special teamers in the HOF.
I know, but he's unique and is a solid football player, IMO. Lots of kickers are introverted or don't fit in with the other players, but AV was one of the team and played tough on return coverage.

OK, I have calmed down. I'll miss him--but I'm glad it's over. He wasn't coming back. Now we can stop guessing and just go get Edinger or Vanderjerk (ugh) and focus on the rest of the pieces to go get Lombardi #4.

Felger has checked with sources and no one has it confirmed. ESPN as well has not confirmed it. MSmith and others...does it mean this is true??? It is odd that some have it..could this be a false rumor??? Probably it is a done deal as it makes sense....sad..but I am glad the drama is over.

I never knew he was such a greedy bastard. You had it all Adam, you were a legend... then you just had to go stab hundred of thousands of fans in the back. Good riddance... I can understand Willie, and even Givens, but this is inexcusable.

It is a complete backstabbing, plain and simple. I hope someone flattens the little turd on his 40 yard kickoffs...

Last edited:
BelichickFan said:
Vanderjagt was 23/25 last year. They don't try a lot and he doesn't miss a lot. They don't gain much except for the last second kick which could be a HUGE factor but the way they score and allow points, probably won't be.
yea, v-jagt kicked in that vacuum known has the rca dome.

Last edited:
drew4008 said:
I never knew he was such a greedy bastard. You had it all Adam, you were a legend... then you just had to go stab hundred of thousands of fans in the back. Good riddance... I can understand Willie, and even Givens, but this is inexcusable.

It's just business. Isn't that what everyone said when we lost Willie and Givens?

No way! No freaking way! Anybody but the colts! If I were a Pats player, I would feel betrayed. Plus, Sportscenter just announced he's still available. I don't believe it! If that's true, they should sign vanderjerk!

NE_PATS_FAN_54 said:
without vinatieri, the pats dont win all those SB'S.
Maybe so. But it is still alarmist and over the top to say so. I belive that either with Elam or Akers we still win all 3 SB's. Longwell, Mare, Hall defeately at least 2 of them but probably all three still.

It IS a big kick in the junk that it's the Colts, my blood kinda went cold there for a minute when I saw the front page... but come on, you had to see it coming that Adam wasn't coming back, he clearly just wanted the money. I suppose this is just my opinion, but there is no way we should be paying that much for a guy who specializes in ONE thing: clutch kicks.

CheerforTom said:
It IS a big kick in the junk that it's the Colts, my blood kinda went cold there for a minute when I saw the front page... but come on, you had to see it coming that Adam wasn't coming back, he clearly just wanted the money. I suppose this is just my opinion, but there is no way we should be paying that much for a guy who specializes in ONE thing: clutch kicks.

The problem is, the thing he specializes most in isn't a big deal -- until you need one.

We've clearly needed them in the past. Im not sure what has changed that says we won't need them in the future.

Lets wait to find out the terms of the deal before we call him a greedy bastard. If he signed for 200-250 grand more a year than the pats offered then by all means, not only greedy but stupid allso. if he is getting 500 grand or more per season then that is real money. I still will have a problem with him signing woth the Colts but at least it will be understandable.

Report: Vinatieri signs with Colts
Story Tools:
Print Email Blog This
FOXSports.com
Posted: 4 minutes ago

Another big piece of the New England Patriots' dynasty appears to have left the team.

Kicker Adam Vinatieri — who kicked two game-winning field goals in Patriots Super Bowl wins, as well as another game-winning kick in an epic divisional playoff game against the Raiders — has signed with the Colts, Boston radio station WEEI is reporting.

The Patriots declined to protect their kicker, who had been named the team's franchise player twice, with the franchise-player tag.

"It just didn't feel like the right thing to do," Patriots coach Bill Belichick said of the decision not to tag Vinatieri. "We considered all our options and decided not to tag anybody."

Last week, linebacker Willie McGinest signed a three-year, $12 million with the Browns, where the two-time Pro Bowl selection will reunite with former Patriots defensive coordinator and current Cleveland coach Romeo Crennel.

Additionally, the Patriots lost starting receiver David Givens, who signed with the Titans. The future of receiver/defensive back Troy Brown with the team is also uncertain.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Odlirama said:
Maybe so. But it is still alarmist and over the top to say so. I belive that either with Elam or Akers we still win all 3 SB's. Longwell, Mare, Hall defeately at least 2 of them but probably all three still.
point seen, but none of those kickers are avaible right now.....the best out there is mike vanderjagt, who not only is a terrible clubhouse guy, but is terrible when the game is on the line

CheerforTom said:

Yeah, most here didn't think Vinatieri would be back... but the freakin' Colts of all teams. This says a lot about modern-day sports! money money money

Seymour93 said:
Yeah, most here didn't think Vinatieri would be back... but the freakin' Colts of all teams. This says a lot about modern-day sports! money money money
The money grab this year has been staggering. It seems way more than typical that players are looking much more for $$$ than Ws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe