Not open for further replies.
good god...

Pats_Fan_In_Illinois said:
Report: Vinatieri signs with Colts
Story Tools:
Print Email Blog This
FOXSports.com
Posted: 4 minutes ago

Another big piece of the New England Patriots' dynasty appears to have left the team.

Kicker Adam Vinatieri — who kicked two game-winning field goals in Patriots Super Bowl wins, as well as another game-winning kick in an epic divisional playoff game against the Raiders — has signed with the Colts, Boston radio station WEEI is reporting.

The Patriots declined to protect their kicker, who had been named the team's franchise player twice, with the franchise-player tag.

"It just didn't feel like the right thing to do," Patriots coach Bill Belichick said of the decision not to tag Vinatieri. "We considered all our options and decided not to tag anybody."

Last week, linebacker Willie McGinest signed a three-year, $12 million with the Browns, where the two-time Pro Bowl selection will reunite with former Patriots defensive coordinator and current Cleveland coach Romeo Crennel.

Additionally, the Patriots lost starting receiver David Givens, who signed with the Titans. The future of receiver/defensive back Troy Brown with the team is also uncertain.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Still dont beleive it.. they are just reporting a WEEI rumor..

Does this mean the Adam Vinatieri license plate contest at the RMV is over? :p

this makes no sense what so ever .can somebody please explain to me why they let him get away.and dont tell me its the money .i am so disgusted.

It's been about 45 mins since this story/rumor was first reported, and Reiss still has nothing on it... surprising. :eek:

This has to be an early April Fools day joke Holly is screwed if he is wrong. Nothng on any of the major reports and ESPN. IF true he join Johnny Damon as taking the money and run.

If he's truly gone then... I apreciate what he did in the past for us. I wish him the best us luck in the future except when he plays us.

Now time to turn the page and move forward. I say we sign a veteran like Edinger and then bring in a kid or two, like Gould from last year to challenge him. May the best kicker win.

I agree with BB whole heartedly on this, no way do I pay a kicker 3.5 million.

Thanks for the kicks Adam, but now that you went to the freaking Colts you are dead to me. I hope you enjoy getting waved off the field by Peyton. I guess Adam "Money" Vinatieri has two meanings now.

Channel 5 in Boston reported that a high ranking Colts official says the report is "very inaccurate". He said that they are talking but no deal has been reached.

PATSNUTme said:
Channel 5 in Boston reported that a high ranking Colts official says the report is "very inaccurate". He said that they are talking but no deal has been reached.

YES! I hope that's true.

PATSNUTme said:

:bricks: .......

Think about it for a minute. Will the Indianapolis Colts really pay top dollar for AV? With still needing to fill in the gap left behind from the Edge leaving town and not having a ton of cap dough, it would surprise me they would splurge for a kicker.....and according to reports AV was looking for guaranteed monies.

John Clayton on ESPN is confirming it. They have a verbal agreement and are finalizing the details.

Tim dwight just signed with the JEST according to Riess.

coltssuck.gif

SoonerPatriot said:
Ugh. This off-season has been about as fun as a root canal. And the roster carnage continues...

I just had a root canal, and that was much better than watching this off-season! :bricks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back