PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vinatieri Signs With Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now the question becomes who replaces him?

Answer: Someone not as good.

Yet another position we will have in 2006 that isn't as strong as it was in 2005.

Last edited:
I was mentally prepared for Adam to sign elsewhere but the COLTS!!!!! He signed with the Colts.

Vanderjagt was 23/25 last year. They don't try a lot and he doesn't miss a lot. They don't gain much except for the last second kick which could be a HUGE factor but the way they score and allow points, probably won't be.

c_nice_37 said:
OK, it was a long shot.

Later.

He is just a kicker. A good one, but just a kicker.
JUST A KICKER?????JUST A KICKER????
yea just a kicker that won us not 1, not 2 , BUT 3 GOD DAM SUPERBOWLS!!!!!!!
just a kicker that is the most clutch kicker IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL!!!
its time for lobel to hit the panic button

What a freaking jerk. This is worse than Damon. It seems as though he is just trying to stick it to the Pats. A complete ass and it is surely a waste of cap space for the Colts...kicking is not their problem. Wow, I just lost any respect I had for Vinatieri.

Before you panic, do you remember a certain SuperBowl where the "Most Clutch Kicker" missed 2 FGs at the start of the game?

He did miss some.

No disrespect intended, but come on. He is just a kicker.

Pats Have Not Heard Of It..........have No Comment

SoonerPatriot said:
Actually, Adam's stats in domes are pretty good. Two SB winning kicks (Reliant had its roof closed). And I remember during the 2003 season when we were playing Houston AV lined up for a FG and they had a stat that he had never missed in a dome...he promptly missed the kick. Im not sure what his stats in domes were in 2004 and 2005.

I might have it confused with his kicking stats in Reliant Stadium, where he missed until the Super Bowl.

Anyway, he will of course be missed, but outside of his last minute kicks, AV was only an above-average K, which while a great asset or not a necessity to a championship team.

NE_PATS_FAN_54 said:
JUST A KICKER?????JUST A KICKER????
yea just a kicker that won us not 1, not 2 , BUT 3 GOD DAM SUPERBOWLS!!!!!!!
just a kicker that is the most clutch kicker IN THE HISTORY OF THE NFL!!!
its time for lobel to hit the panic button

I hate getting into this but oh well. He had two super bowl winning kicks, not three. Had it not been the Patriots, he probably wouldn't even had a chance at those kicks. Brady and the offense got him into position for those kicks and he hit them. They were very average kicks inside a dome. There are alot of kickers that would have made those kicks. Thanks Adam for the memories but I for one am not looking back. Holla!!

No Joke

I listened to the report on WEEI. He was serious.

Patriots have no comment...this is the first they have heard of it.

Last edited:
cblesz said:
What a freaking jerk. This is worse than Damon. It seems as though he is just trying to stick it to the Pats. A complete ass and it is surely a waste of cap space for the Colts...kicking is not their problem. Wow, I just lost any respect I had for Vinatieri.
Now he'll finally be able to put into perspective what it was like to play for the greatest team in NFL history - especially when Brady and Pats win another one without him. Enjoy the view and money! Don't get pissed when Pay-a-ton waves you back off the field on 4th and 7 from the 35.

well til its in print officially ill hold back judgement..

ithought there was some sort of waiting period in between changing agents before you could do anything?

Felger just said that it's NOT confirmed yet.

No room in Canton for Vinatieri...

Seymour93 said:
No room in Canton for Vinatieri...
Not true, Sey,
He gets in 1st ballot. No one will ever forget his HUGE kicks.

tombonneau said:
I might have it confused with his kicking stats in Reliant Stadium, where he missed until the Super Bowl.

Anyway, he will of course be missed, but outside of his last minute kicks, AV was only an above-average K, which while a great asset or not a necessity to a championship team.

But that's what people miss. They point to short kickoffs and stats. What they miss is what matters most -- the ability to get it done when everything is on the line. AV had that. Chances are the next guy won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back