PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vinatieri Signs With Colts

Status
Not open for further replies.
mtbykr said:
I just had a root canal, and that was much better than watching this off-season! :bricks:
AV is dead tome...not because he left, but I despise the Colts more than any team in the NFL.

well

KDPpatsfan said:
AV is dead tome...not because he left, but I despise the Colts more than any team in the NFL.

It would be tough to see AV leave and go anywhere else; but to the dolts of all teams :violent: At least in GB i wouldn't have to see him every year--Now everytime he comes on to kick for them i am going to throw-up!

On a side note---great work by all the so called experts out there who said there was only GB and NE in the hunt for AV. Not one person ever mentioned the dolts!

Seymour93 said:
I remember hearing one of the ESPN 'experts' saying that Vinatieri's only chance of making the Hall is if he stays in Foxboro for the rest of his career and doesn't miss any big game kicks. Take that for what you will, but there isn't an abundance of special teamers in the HOF.
Nonsense, with this move he cements the Boston Globes vote for the HOF...right Ronny?

I hate to be right. But I thought all along that Adam would end up a Colt.

mtbykr said:
I just had a root canal, and that was much better than watching this off-season! :bricks:

Great line. Thanks for the laugh. Those who are in touch with reality and realize this is a huge loss need it.

Any team but the Colts. WTF!! I would have rooted for Adam if he had signed with any other team. Now I hope he misses every kick.

Miguel said:
I hate to be right. But I thought all along that Adam would end up a Colt.

Did you post your prediction anywhere.

ya

SoonerPatriot said:
Great line. Thanks for the laugh. Those who are in touch with reality and realize this is a huge loss need it.

I know everyone will rationalize away the fact that he was "just a kicker", but let's be serious! He was clutch, and although he was "just a kicker"; try remembering that next january when (insert name here) trots onto the field to kick a game changing FG. OR when AV trots onto the field against us to win the game for the dolts!

People can rationalize things the way they want; but let's not forget the fact that he was a BIG part of our 3 rings, and he will be missed!

I feel worse about this then i do JD signing with the yankers! However you are now the enemy AV, and i hope that you never get back to the SB as long as your with the dolts!

NE_PATS_FAN_54 said:
without vinatieri, the pats dont win all those SB'S.
I was going to try to stay out of this discussion, but this begs a response. You're right, most kickers wouldn't have been able to make only one out of three kicks to win Super Bowl XXXVIII. With most kickers, the game would not have been on the line at the end because they would have made at least one of the first two.

Dear Adam V.

I hate you!

-Holy Diver

Doesn't this team have plenty of cap room at the moment? How could they not pony up the cash for AV?

bigsid05 said:
Doesn't this team have plenty of cap room at the moment? How could they not pony up the cash for AV?
maybe they did...maybe he didnt want to be here at all..

Vinatieri, you just became a loser.

Vinatieri just threw away a lifetime of endorsements, speaking engagements, and God like status here in NE. His legend has taken a huge blow in my mind.

The Patriots offered him the biggest contract that was to make him the highest paid kicker in the league. I wouldn't have minded if he went to any other team in the league except the friggin Colts.

This a big FU from Polian and Vinatieri to Belichick. This not a wise move by Vinatieri, he has absolutely ruined himself.

Last edited:
This is about the cruelest, nastiest, little factoid of Patriots-related information that I've been hit with in some time. Any team but the frikken' Colts.

Adam Venatari - how could you?

Crap - and I just paid big bucks for a Home Smart Home based solely on Adam's endorsement. I feel so... used! :(

I think it's been pretty clear that AV didn't want to come back here. There was that interview in that Florida paper well before free agency started where he talked about the Pats in the past tense. There's the not-very-smooth negotiating history he's had with the Pats for the past few years.

When did the Patriots turn into the Red Sox?

After seeing what the Pats have done to their veterans this offseason, I can see why Vinatieri would walk - even if it means going to the Colts.

While a majority of people are willing to blame Vinatieri for this, take a minute and ponder this one... The Pats are well under the salary cap and have signed absolutely NO ONE this offseason of any value whatsoever. They had the money to pay the guy, but they wanted to lowball him.

Bring up the Super Bowl kicks if you want, but I go back to the game in 2002 against Oakland in the snow... Does anyone else make those kicks? Really? Without those kicks, the Pats don't get into the Super Bowl and more than likely, don't have the same run of success over the past 4 years. You can't give all the credit to AV, but you certainly have to admit that having a clutch kicker over the past 5 seasons has been nice.

Too bad the whole thing amounts to what, financially, would've been the cost of a 6th string wide receiver per year. Can't overstate the absolute idiocy of this move.

wistahpatsfan said:
Not true, Sey,
He gets in 1st ballot. No one will ever forget his HUGE kicks.

Considering there are only like one or two kickers in the HOF, I would be shocked if Vinatieri makes it at all. There are some kickers that had better careers than Vinatieri that haven't even been nominated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes