PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Undrafted Free Agent Signings (all 32 teams)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Undrafted Free Agent Signings

I view Yeatman as a redshirt tackle, and love the signing. Much better lateral footwork than Smith, but not as robust in-line. Nice long-term backup left tackle project.

Whatever gets him on the field, man. :cool:

Rocky95.Jpeg

Re: *** Will YEATMAN!!! ***

Vollmer just turned 27 two weeks ago. How young would you like him to be?

22, like GRONK will be in his third season. :D

Only on Patsfans is 26/27 considered to be not young enough. Every player must be 23, coming off multiple pro bowl seasons, and locked up long-term at below market value. Anything else is simply unacceptable.

Last edited:

Only on Patsfans is 26/27 considered to be not young enough. Every player must be 23, coming off multiple pro bowl seasons, and locked up long-term at below market value. Anything else is simply unacceptable.

Heh.

The poster did ask how young I'd like Vollmer to be.

Truth be told, I'm fine with him as is, I just wish he were younger. :)

I see Vollmer being traded next offseason or franchised and traded the next offseason. There's too much value in a potential franchise LT to keep him at RT for the duration of his contract and get just a 3rd comp pick out of him. Hence, now's the time to work on getting a new right tackle for 2012 and beyond.

Jeremy Ross, WR, Cal: Jeremy Ross*|*California,*WR*:*2011 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

Alex Silvestro, DE, Rutgers: Alex Silvestro*|*Rutgers,*DE*:*2011 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

Looks like both are signing with the Pats.

Ross is a prolific punt returner (2nd all time at Cal). Don't know much of anything about Silvestro, but after last year I don't hate the idea of more Rutgers alums on D. :p

Pats Propaganda (that's miDeuce here on these forums) dug up this clip of Jeremy Ross: Pats Propaganda, Patriots UDFA Watch: Jeremy Ross, WR CAL ...

Nice pickups. Silvestro certainly has the size measureables we're looking for at 6'3 260. The Scarlet Knights connection is interesting to note as he was a former teammate of Mccourtys. The Pats probably saw something they liked in Silvestro when they were scouting Dmac. Here's an interesting piece on Silvestro.

As always, Rutgers DE Alex Silvestro does whatever it takes | NJ.com

I see Vollmer being traded next offseason or franchised and traded the next offseason. There's too much value in a potential franchise LT to keep him at RT for the duration of his contract and get just a 3rd comp pick out of him. Hence, now's the time to work on getting a new right tackle for 2012 and beyond.

Please tell me you're joking... It's really hard to tell on the forums sometimes.

Last edited:

Yeatman didn't "JUST" convert from lacrosse to football, he has played both sports since high school.

He chose ND becuase they let him play both, then got into problems with more than one underage drinking issue (DUI involved the second time) and transferred to Maryland.

story on his transfer: Notre Dame Fighting Irish's Will Yeatman to transfer to Maryland Terrapins - ESPN

I guess you could say he only recently focused ONLY on football, though

A few posters had Keith Darbut on their radars. He is going to sign with the Bengals

Please tell me you're joking... It's really hard to tell on the forums sometimes.

Not at all. There's no reason for him to sign for RT money for the Pats when he can get LT money somewhere else, so the Pats might as well get a 1st rather than that late 3rd comp pick. It's the Richard Seymour scenario, except that Vollmer can contribute more as an LT for another team rather than at RT for the Pats.

A few posters had Keith Darbut on their radars. He is going to sign with the Bengals

The Patriots went with Jeff Tarpinian instead.

Not at all. There's no reason for him to sign for RT money for the Pats when he can get LT money somewhere else, so the Pats might as well get a 1st rather than that late 3rd comp pick. It's the Richard Seymour scenario, except that Vollmer can contribute more as an LT for another team rather than at RT for the Pats.

I'm a HUGE fan of SeaBass and would hate to see him go but I cannot argue with your logic.

Re: NFL Undrafted Free Agent Signings

I was going to ask if the Jaguars in full rebuild mode, but the reason the number of UDFA seems so high is because the training camp roster size went up by ten players this year.

Jaguars agree to terms with 24 undrafted rookies | jacksonville.com

WR Armon Binns 6-3 209 Cincinnati
OT Cameron Bradfield 6-4 302 Grand Valley State
CB Cole Brodie 5-10 188 South Dakota State
LB JoJo ****son 6-1 245 Idaho
WR Greg Ellingson 6-3 197 Florida International
S Matt Estrada 5-10 196 Northern Arizona
TE Tommy Gallarda 6-5 262 Boise State
LB Eric Gordon 6-0 225 Michigan State
G Brandon Harper 6-2 320 Duke
RB DuJuan Harris 5-7 197 Troy
CB T.J. Heath 6-0 179 Jacksonville State
WR Dontrelle Inman 6-3 198 Virginia
CB Jalil Johnson 5-10 184 Jackson State
LB Michael Lockley 6-1 237 Florida Atlantic
LB Scott Lutrus 6-3 241 Connecticut
TE Kyle Miller 6-5 257 Mount Union
RB Richard Murphy 6-1 208 Louisiana State
WR Jamar Newsome 6-1 201 Central Florida
DE Odrick Ray 6-4 276 Tulsa
QB Scott Riddle 6-0 211 Elon
CB Kevin Rutland 6-0 188 Missouri
P Brian Saunders 6-0 203 Virginia Tech
DE Marc Schiechl 6-2 252 Colorado School of Mines
G Troy White 6-5 300 West Virginia Tech

I was going to ask if the Jaguars in full rebuild mode, but the reason the number of UDFA seems so high is because the training camp roster size went up by ten players this year.

Jaguars agree to terms with 24 undrafted rookies | jacksonville.com

WR Armon Binns 6-3 209 Cincinnati
OT Cameron Bradfield 6-4 302 Grand Valley State
CB Cole Brodie 5-10 188 South Dakota State
LB JoJo ****son 6-1 245 Idaho
WR Greg Ellingson 6-3 197 Florida International
S Matt Estrada 5-10 196 Northern Arizona
TE Tommy Gallarda 6-5 262 Boise State
LB Eric Gordon 6-0 225 Michigan State
G Brandon Harper 6-2 320 Duke
RB DuJuan Harris 5-7 197 Troy
CB T.J. Heath 6-0 179 Jacksonville State
WR Dontrelle Inman 6-3 198 Virginia
CB Jalil Johnson 5-10 184 Jackson State
LB Michael Lockley 6-1 237 Florida Atlantic
LB Scott Lutrus 6-3 241 Connecticut
TE Kyle Miller 6-5 257 Mount Union
RB Richard Murphy 6-1 208 Louisiana State
WR Jamar Newsome 6-1 201 Central Florida
DE Odrick Ray 6-4 276 Tulsa
QB Scott Riddle 6-0 211 Elon
CB Kevin Rutland 6-0 188 Missouri
P Brian Saunders 6-0 203 Virginia Tech
DE Marc Schiechl 6-2 252 Colorado School of Mines
G Troy White 6-5 300 West Virginia Tech

Only in the darkest, dingiest recesses of the great scouting notebook of the mind will you find these names.

Only in the darkest, dingiest recesses of the great scouting notebook of the mind will you find these names.

Marc Schiechl was actually scouted by the Pats. He was a late-round darkhorse that some people liked.. But his name was bandied around a bit.

Last edited:

The caveat to all of this is that its contingent on Solder developing into a franchise-caliber LT. If that doesn't happen, I don't see why they'd even consider trading Vollmer away.

The caveat to all of this is that its contingent on Solder developing into a franchise-caliber LT. If that doesn't happen, I don't see why they'd even consider trading Vollmer away.

I've already accepted that as a given!:p

I've already accepted that as a given!:p

that usually happens when someone gives you something...:rofl:

Did it ever occur to you that it might be best to give Brady the best protection possible on BOTH sides of the line? Vollmer's still on his rookie deal. It's way too early to talk about moving him. Now if he's on the verge of free agency and he won't talk extension that's another matter. Let's not go creating any more holes on this team that aren't already there.

Besides Schiechl, Scott Lutrus was also a LB mentioned in the Draft Forum.
And it would've been no surprise if Armon Binns had been drafted in the 6th/7th rounds.
As for the others, well...

Did it ever occur to you that it might be best to give Brady the best protection possible on BOTH sides of the line? Vollmer's still on his rookie deal. It's way too early to talk about moving him. Now if he's on the verge of free agency and he won't talk extension that's another matter. Let's not go creating any more holes on this team that aren't already there.

Yes, but only within reason. Spending $20M a year to protect your $17M QB is at least a quarter of whatever the salary cap will be. And in this scenario, I'm assuming Solder is the better left tackle of the two, meaning he's the one to get paid, rather than Vollmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe