PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Time for some good Reche talk...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you going to claim that Reche couldn't have done what Gaffney did today?

He probably could. But Gaffney is a better receiver. More dependable. Smarter.

All right, all right, I'll admit when I'm wrong. My one defense is that I would still take Googly as a receiver over Washington; however, I admit I completely misjudged Wash as an ST guy.

Washington is more valuable to this team. Serve me up some crow.

No big deal. Props for owning up. Washington IS a very talented receiver, but look who he's had in front of him his entire career (and continuing this season).

I'm not trying to knock them at all. I just don't get the crap being given to Caldwell after this game. It's petty and stupid, especially because the 2 players he was supposedly competing against showed relatively little as wide receivers.

+1. Gaffney caught what, one pass. It was a nice catch, bit really, BFD.

+1. Gaffney caught what, one pass. It was a nice catch, bit really, BFD.

Hey, hey. You forgot that it went for a whole 5 yards.

Are you going to claim that Reche couldn't have done what Gaffney did today?

Yes. I'll claim that. Gaffney played 37 snaps, which was second most amongst WR's. I seriously doubt that Caldwell would be in for 15 plays, let alone 37, if he were still here.

Plus the team is saving a fortune on eyeball moisturizing drops.:eek:

HIYOOO!

This is funny. ANYONE in the league can sign Reche and give up nothing, and won't even have to guarantee a season's pay. Why should someone give a draft in a month? BTW, there is only one "worst" and that is Reche, unless you think we should put Childress on the roster, and then trade him.

I do hope that Reche gets resigned.
But only because I believe one of our worse WRs will have some trade value before game 6.

Were he brought back for a veteran minimum Reche would be WR insurance in case of injury... nothing more nothing less... but there is value there...

No matter how high everyone is from today's game Moss and Stallworth do have a history of injuries, and BB wants to make sure the Franchise has access to the tools he needs for another SB ring.

Whether Reche would come back given his position on the depth chart is another matter - I'd expect he'd be looking for a better situation for the low money he'd make coming back - and for that reason I doubt we'll see him here again, though I don't doubt BB would mind having him.

Last edited:
This is funny. ANYONE in the league can sign Reche and give up nothing, and won't even have to guarantee a season's pay. Why should someone give a draft in a month? BTW, there is only one "worst" and that is Reche, unless you think we should put Childress on the roster, and then trade him.

OK so you think its funny...
There were about a dozen serious injuries today.
I didn't say trade RECHE, I said trade one of our WRs within the first 6 weeks.
He was our leading reciever last year.
Except for the much higher salary we may have kept him.
IMO (as WR talent)

T Brown> Reche > Gaffney > Washington
and I don't know about C Jackson.
But almost everyone agrees that Reche deserves a spot on some roster.

What you said was anyone can sign him...yes before game 1 they could have guaranteed his salary for the year. That changes now.
I do not see how it is so far fetched to believe that we could get a 5th,6th or 7th for a WR before Jacson or Brown come off PUP.

Last edited:
I do hope that Reche gets resigned.
But only because I believe one of our worse WRs will have some trade value before game 6.
???

No, anyone could sign him right now for nothing. Why why they wait until we re-sign him and then give us something of value for him?

???

No, anyone could sign him right now for nothing. Why why they wait until we re-sign him and then give us something of value for him?

See the preceding post Einstien.

Yes. I'll claim that. Gaffney played 37 snaps, which was second most amongst WR's. I seriously doubt that Caldwell would be in for 15 plays, let alone 37, if he were still here.

Unless your claim is that Caldwell would be physically unable to accomplish this, you're making no sense. And, given that Caldwell accomplished it for much of last season, if you ARE claiming he'd be physically unable, you're making no sense.

They are the 4th and 5th receivers. Gaffney had a nice 1st down reception and Washington was a monster on ST's.
Interesting. Washington on coverage teams was the guy who downed the ball that Andrews first touched and kept from rolling into the endzone. As you know, the play was nullified because of the penalty on Andrews. Washington also made a nice tackle in coverage at the 23 following Hobbs' TD runback. Not sure if I missed another play, but if not, then by this standard, both Izzo and Alexander should also qualify as monsters. Not to take anything away from Washington as the other gunner opposite Meriweather (a guy I thought would make a solid gunner when the Pats first drafted him and made note of in this forum), but such plays one expects from guys gunning. Andrews, Mitchell, Bethel as rookie, Chris Aiken and probably most effective of them all, Tebucky made such plays as often and more. The guy had a decent day in teams coverage and hopefully he keeps it up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back