PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amateur Time at Gillette in 2024

Mayo just got hired and this Beddard guy is already disparaging him? Way too early for that. I'm hoping for the best. It's a tough job following in the footsteps of BB. Give the guy some time.

No, Greg Bedard is not disparaging Mayo, he is just reporting what's going on. Someone here with an agenda is trying to say otherwise.

@Tunescribe believes Beddard and thinks he's doing a bang up job with no agenda. Bless him.

Uh-oh. Your agenda appears to be turning from anti-Belichick to ... anti-Tunescribe?

Gun To Head Images – Browse 39,513 Stock Photos, Vectors ...

Last edited:
I would bet that most USFL teams have more coaching experience than the Pats will have in 2024.
Has potential to blow up spectacularly
What are your expectations for next year? I'm curious.

The special teams coordinator they just hired has only 2 years experience in NFL as an assistant STC.
Sounds about right.
The Patriots will have the least experienced coaches in the NFL by far.
It's fine for the long term. However can not expect miracles in next 2 years. Experience matters.
It time to come to the realization that the Patriots will be selecting high in the 2025 draft too.

I'm about to shave off my goatee. Just wanted to be sure you'd recognize me when I return. I know it's important to you, and I want to stay attuned to your needs as your travel your life's journey. (Just practicing sounding like a "nice guy." Any good? I am considering also investing in a man purse, maybe even Sunrise Taupe Miata, the Michael Bubble model with the vanity mirrors.)
Are they good in the snow?

not really. In order to build up talent they need another bad season next year and a top 10 draft pick. So its fine.
Just surprised by the degree to which they are willing to go with completely green staff.
Almost feels like they have already decided to punt on 2024 (which is OK)
Thats why I say that Corky is back.

Jerry Jones Jr admitted that 2022 was all Patricia's fault. Then, BB wanted Corky gone in 2023, so that pretty much poisoned last season.
I would bet that most USFL teams have more coaching experience than the Pats will have in 2024.
Has potential to blow up spectacularly
UFL- United Football League

Begins in March and may actually be better to watch then the 2024 Patriot's.

It time to come to the realization that the Patriots will be selecting high in the 2025 draft too.
There will be plenty of bumps next year, hopefully not 3rd pick bad. I have the same expectations as this time last year. Get the train on the tracks to begin to move from the building to competing phase of the reset. The record is not as important as how the QB develops and the team is playing at the end. If the team doesn't get a QB in the draft this year, expectations will remain the same for 2025.

There will be plenty of bumps next year, hopefully not 3rd pick bad. I have the same expectations as this time last year. Get the train on the tracks to begin to move from the building to competing phase of the reset. The record is not as important as how the QB develops and the team is playing at the end. If the team doesn't get a QB in the draft this year, expectations will remain the same for 2025.
I really see the GM taking MH Jr if he is still there at 3.

I really see the GM taking MH Jr if he is still there at 3.
Rebuilding an NFL team does not happen overnight, especially if there are misses at the top of the draft. If the team does not like the available QB's that is the right thing to do. Much better to get a sure fire piece than draft a QB that is not the guy. Either way the team will still be in the build it up mode in 2025.

Its evident from the assembled coaching staff that they are not seriously attempting to compete next year regardless of draft and UFA.

6-11 or worse which is fine with me.
I will predict now Mayo lasts 3 or fewer years.
He is being set up to fail
Fellowship of the Miserable in full effect.

Fellowship of the Miserable in full effect.
Keep seeing this recently on the board: not positive opinion about Patriots = person must be miserable in their real life. Extremely strange. Must be some type of homer defense mechanism.

Are they good in the snow?
I just tow it around with my tractor when it snows. Sometimes I give poor people rides so they can feel better about themselves. I think the car will be great for my brand and hope some day to open a Fans Only site. Keep your eye on this space for teaser pics. (Dear God, I hope it's clear I am kidding. You never know.)

Keep seeing this recently on the board: not positive opinion about Patriots = person must be miserable in their real life. Extremely strange. Must be some type of homer defense mechanism.
I never said anything about Sam in real life. As a fan, he's always been miserable. A lot of Boston fans are no matter what.

I'm not telling anyone how to be a fan. If you enjoy being miserable and negative towards whatever team you're rooting for, that's your choice, but I am going to call it out.

"Homer" is a derogatory term sport writers call each other. It actually has some weight in their community. Calling a fan of a team a homer is dumb. Of course they are. I'm a "homer". You're a "homer", too.

If I think about Mac, which to be honest I am kind of sick of doing, I guess I'm left with this:

1)Mac was horribly, it seems deliberately, mistreated by an angry, old, incompetent GM and a HC who was not a Hell of lot better.

2) Therefore, though signs are not good, we really do not know what he might eventually become. Had it not been for his quite good rookie year, we might feel comfortable saying his ceiling is competent backup, but that year actually did happen, so... we don't realy know squat about what he might become, within his physical limitations.

3) Whatever Mac's own contributions to his failure may be, given his ill-treatment here, we owe him a solid, and the best thing for him would be to start afresh elsewhere. Trading him and starting over ourselves with a new qb, maybe a vet and a draftee...whatever, is in all likelihood the best thing for the Pats as well as for Mac.

4) Given how dishonorably this team has treated Mac, we in the fanbase are not in a position to assert any resentment, let alone hatred or derision, which means that if you are a full-on Mac-hater, you are an *******.

I’d trade a 2 for Fields. He’s just as good as Daniels. If not, draft one when he’s got a chance to succeed. I don’t think Daniels can succeed with current talent around him and who at OC?

I don’t think you realize how bad we are.
I do and if you want a team that competes for that last Wilde card spot as our ceiling then this is a fine plan. If you want the Pats to compete to go to the Super Bowl, then the Pats need someone better than Fields.

First time head coach
First time DC
First time OC (Caley)
First time GM or co-GM's
First Time Special Teams Coordinator ( 2 years of NFL experience as an assistant coordinator)
Probably a first time QB

we all know how next year will go. Learning on the job for all of them. How could Kraft not insist that at least someone have some experience for the leadership positions on the team?
Apparently Kraft thinks his "gut feeling" will be worth a few wins.
Hey, can't argue with ya. But honestly I can say this. The organization needed to go into a different direction anyway. The time line was accelerated. Let's hope for the best!

I just tow it around with my tractor when it snows. Sometimes I give poor people rides so they can feel better about themselves. I think the car will be great for my brand and hope some day to open a Fans Only site. Keep your eye on this space for teaser pics. (Dear God, I hope it's clear I am kidding. You never know.)
Can you still buy studded snow tires? I have not seen them in ages.

Chains work too. At least they do on TV.

Hey, can't argue with ya. But honestly I can say this. The organization needed to go into a different direction anyway. The time line was accelerated. Let's hope for the best!
It might take a couple of years but we need the hit on at least Four Players in this Draft. It's Starts this year we crap the bed and it's mediocrity for a while. I could have made better picks in the dark than BB the last Five Years did those misses come back the haunt us.

It might take a couple of years but we need the hit on at least Four Players in this Draft. It's Starts this year we crap the bed and it's mediocrity for a while. I could have made better picks in the dark than BB the last Five Years did those misses come back the haunt us.
If we can Hit on the QB, I honestly believe the rebuild will be quicker than we think. We have to remember.. this roster offensively was super bad..

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back