PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Amateur Time at Gillette in 2024

Can you still buy studded snow tires? I have not seen them in ages.

Chains work too. At least they do on TV.
I put a 1200-dollar set of Finnish studded chains on my 4wd tractor for the winter so I can plow my driveway and a couple of neighbors', and to yank around whatever must be yanked around. It'll grind through anything. My wife had one of those wretched little Honda Fits ("It's so cute!"), until I made her trade it in on a Subaru. I was thinking of that when I made the joke about the Miata. I had to pull that darn thing up and down the hill all the time when there was any snow at all. Honestly, it was the worst snow car ever, even worse than my old Sunbeam Alpine. I have to take the chains off for the warm months (a hard job), because if you use them on dirt they sort do this rototiller job wherever you go. I sometimes wish I'd gotten something less aggressive (and lighter to handle). I'm getting to an age where I'm thinking about hiring some competent young knuckledragger to put them on for me. There's more than you care to know about it, in all likelihood! lol

Last edited:
I never said anything about Sam in real life. As a fan, he's always been miserable. A lot of Boston fans are no matter what.

I'm not telling anyone how to be a fan. If you enjoy being miserable and negative towards whatever team you're rooting for, that's your choice, but I am going to call it out.

"Homer" is a derogatory term sport writers call each other. It actually has some weight in their community. Calling a fan of a team a homer is dumb. Of course they are. I'm a "homer". You're a "homer", too.
Not to get into semantics, but I consider true homers the people who are not interested in discussing the staff, roster, etc as they currently stand and have the mentality, "Pats 20-0 SB Champs LFGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG". That fanboyism does nothing for me.

Rebuilding an NFL team does not happen overnight, especially if there are misses at the top of the draft. If the team does not like the available QB's that is the right thing to do. Much better to get a sure fire piece than draft a QB that is not the guy. Either way the team will still be in the build it up mode in 2025.
What's evident is Ownership felt it was better to part ways with Bill from how it's looked the past few seasons, and start over with a new coach. I keep going back and forth on taking a QB or the WR if MHJ is there at #3. We are literally at the bare bones on offense. But I agree we hit on the draft and FA we could be on our way back up.

@Triumph

The Sandlot Kiss GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment
312512408_1464144947400016_3611460416436414159_n.jpg

I put a 1200-dollar set of Finnish studded chains on my 4wd tractor for the winter so I can plow my driveway and a couple of neighbors', and to yank around whatever must be yanked around. It'll grind through anything. My wife had one of those wretched little Honda Fits ("It's so cute!"), until I made her trade it in on a Subaru. I was thinking of that when I made the joke about the Miata. I had to pull that darn thing up and down the hill all the time when there was any snow at all. Honestly, it was the worst snow car ever, even worse than my old Sunbeam Alpine. I have to take the chains off for the warm months (a hard job), because if you use them on dirt they sort do this rototiller job wherever you go. I sometimes wish I'd gotten something less aggressive (and lighter to handle). I'm getting to an age where I'm thinking about hiring some competent young knuckledragger to put them on for me. There's more than you care to know about it, in all likelihood! lol
What kind of tractor?

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back