PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Onslought of Tebow Only Fans (TOF)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tremendous Post, Brother. :cool:

Jim Plunkett comes to mind, as well.

Why can't we get QuarterBacks like Jim Plunkett & Rich Gannon?? :confused:

:welcome:

How much longer is Brady gonna play? I think he could probably go at least another 3-5 years. By then, Tebow will be approaching 30. I think he is at best a rehabilitation project. Turn an investment where nothing is really given up and turning it into a tradable assett. He was McDaniels's guy when he was drafted. So you can bet he will put in the extra time.

Always love those late bloomers, but it is EXTREMELY rare and they usually come from people you almost never see coming. With Tebow though, for some reason, people are actually expecting that. I get that he has a lot of heart and determination, but he seems to have a much steeper climb ahead of him than even Gannon and some of the other really late bloomers did. His dyslexia for one (needing hands on game experience he's gonna be hard pressed to get) as well as other problems identified that the circus following him tends to cause. (It damn near cost him a career in the NFL.) Most don't have either obstacle in the way.

I just don't see the Pats hanging on to him that long.

Beginning to look like Night of the Living Dead..........

Here's a suggestion for Ian

Create a Tebow Forum like the Political Forum here

Acolytes and haters can congregate there instead of polluting the main forum. Normal forum rules suspended.

MMA cage fighting.

There can be only one!

Acolytes and haters can congregate there instead of polluting the main forum. Normal forum rules suspended.

MMA cage fighting.

There can be only one!

There are four active Tebow thread, with a count of over 1300 posts.. it might surpass the Jets Suck...

All of this over a third string quarterback, emergency only.

We have become the "them"we used to make fun of...

There are four active Tebow thread, with a count of over 1300 posts.. it might surpass the Jets Suck...

All of this over a third string quarterback, emergency only.

We have become the "them"we used to make fun of...

And it's mostly self-inflicted because most of the "them" is us. Way more posts on all these threads by pre-Tebow posters (often long-timers, even) than by post-signing posters.

MMA cage fighting.

There can be only one!

That kind of stuff just feeds the mentality, IMO. Gives Tebow fans a reason to play the victim card, and Tebow haters another thing to babble on about a "circus."

I think the posture the team has adopted is better -- he's a third stringer, nothing to see here, move along. And the forum should go along with that general flavor, with no special forums, special rules, etc.

I see the banhammer being wielded soon....

Don't worry Sal...he's going on ignore. The first poster I've ever used the function for. He's worthless. If only NEM came back just to nuke this unbelievable moron.

LOL, Tebow brings out a shout out for "he who shall not be named", In all honesty, I do miss him too (sometimes).

I can't see Tebow even making the team, so all of this should end pretty quickly.

Tebow fan here. Been rooting for the kid since UF. I'm not particularly invested in the religious aspect one way or the other, but it was fun watching a QB that would run over a linebacker for a first down. Kid is an exceptionally hard worker and a really good person, and he's scrapped his way to success at every level. He's obviously not great at the NFL level, but he's an overachiever and that's nice to root for.

Really glad he ended up with the Pats. Great franchise with an entrenched starter that will appreciate his competitiveness and character without allowing a circus to develop around him. He needs to sit on a bench for a while and learn.

Also don't undersell his potential as a QB. He's not ever going to be Brady (nobody is), but not a lot of guys go 7-4 with a playoff win. Statistically, he's not that bad -- completion percentage is the only number that sticks out as awful. His passer rating, YPA, TD/INT, etc are all pretty standard for a bottom-third starter, and obviously his rushing stats were great. He's not horrible. He's a solid backup whose circus is more trouble than it's worth unless you've got the one coach in the league that can squash it.

Obviously the Pats will be best off if Tebow never takes a snap at QB, but if you got hit with some horrible luck and Brady and Mallet had to miss a few games, you could do a lot worse than Tebow for trying to keep the season afloat until they get back. Otherwise, maybe BB finds a few creative uses for him outside the QB position.

This thread is like flypaper for the Tebows

Lobby for the special Tebow Forum!

* PWP: not a hater of our new 3rd string QB

Say, what do you NSA guys think about this?

LOL, Tebow brings out a shout out for "he who shall not be named", In all honesty, I do miss him too (sometimes).

I can't see Tebow even making the team, so all of this should end pretty quickly.

Betcha he does make the team in some form. NFL league itself seems to really want Tebow in the league somewhere. Tebow is on the team for very litte, contract wise.

One thing he does bring, is he gives the defense a good first hand look at what a QB of his "style" does to practice against. He's a guy who has started for an offense that runs that way. Plus, he gives an "emergency" option even as a special teamer as a guy who has actually played QB before. I think just about every team would take that in the event of "emergency" over what just about any other team has.

Looking at the schedule, there doesn't seem to be a lot of "pistol" offenses, but there is a lot of value there since more and more running style QBs are coming into the league.

MMA cage fighting.

There can be only one!

Why? You should have seen the Gator forums I used to post at circa 2007-2009. Let the hilarity ensue. Pretty soon, even those that were screaming that there wouldn't be an influx of Tebow fans and Tebow haters new to the forum will be laughing at them going at each other's throats. Ahhh, all over a third string quarterback. Just wait until training camp. God help us all if Tebow leapfrogs Mallett...

I see the banhammer being wielded soon....

Why? This is comedic gold. Just watch when happens when it starts getting really heated between both sides and the conversation turns from being the equivilent of a pillow fight to a UFC match. The personal insults should be pretty good as everyone involved starts to see their blood boil. Training camp should be a laugh riot...

That would be awesome on so many entertainment levels.

Yup. The amount of heads on both sides of the coin that would explode around here would reach apocolyptic levels.

Why? This is comedic gold. Just watch when happens when it starts getting really heated between both sides and the conversation turns from being the equivilent of a pillow fight to a UFC match. The personal insults should be pretty good as everyone involved starts to see their blood boil. Training camp should be a laugh riot...

I just don't see Shmessy & Co. sitting back idly watching if Jets/Tebow posters come over and bring their arguments over here, the way this group was doing earlier.

My next door neighbors are one of these Tebow fans. I'm going to have to avoid talking to him and his family whenever the Pats lose. I'm already hearing them talk about Tebow being the Pats QB of the future.

In large part thanks to the Bruins current run, the local media has actually come at this Tebow thing pretty reasonably. There has been little Tebow-mania from a media standpoint. From a fanbase standpoint, I have yet to notice an influx of Tebow fanatics.

Ironically, the only group of people really freaking out about the signing of a 3rd string QB is here on this forum where we should be more sensible about it all.

Tebow is just another guy here. Really. This isn't a big deal. I don't like Tebow, and unless he can somehow beat out Mallet for QB2, I don't really care to see him stick on the 53, but I don't see any potential downside in this signing, whatsoever.

Brady said it best - this team is used to the circus. There's nothing Tebow or his fans can do this summer that will prove a greater distraction than what the team has faced in the past. Or even remotely close. This is a non-issue.

I just don't see Shmessy & Co. sitting back idly watching if Jets/Tebow posters come over and bring their arguments over here, the way this group was doing earlier.

Yup, I just deleted CC, CPF, demosthenes and g8torballboy's little catfight amongst themselves.

We are openminded here. If they want to opine about a player, fine. But these newbies continuing foreign wars from other websites have gotten their one, clear and only warning on PM's today.

JonSmith is already gone for good.

They have been given an opportunity, it is up to them to behave themselves in our house.

Last edited:
Yup, I just deleted CC, CPF, demosthenes and g8torballboy's little catfight amongst themselves.

We are openminded here. If they want to opine about a player, fine. But these newbies continuing foreign wars from other websites have gotten their one, clear and only warning on PM's today.

JonSmith is already gone for good.

They have been given an opportunity, it is up to them to behave themselves in our house.

Noted and thank you for the warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand