PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Onslought of Tebow Only Fans (TOF)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, I just deleted CC, CPF, demosthenes and g8torballboy's little catfight amongst themselves.

We are openminded here. If they want to opine about a player, fine. But these newbies continuing foreign wars from other websites have gotten their one, clear and only warning on PM's today.

JonSmith is already gone for good.

They have been given an opportunity, it is up to them to behave themselves in our house.

Thanks to mods for putting in overtime managing the forthcoming circus. It's only been a week. Should be even more interesting once training camp and pre-season starts.

Thanks to mods for putting in overtime managing the forthcoming circus. It's only been a week. Should be even more interesting once training camp and pre-season starts.

Thanks, DKF.

For what it's worth, all 4 of those new posters - - to their credit - - all responded back very positively and appropriately. It's good to have them here.

Others, we've had to ban.

Fellow Gator fan here. Honest question, though (and not meant to offend): Were you a Gator fan before Tebow came along? Or did you come aboard in '06?

My whole family are Gator alum-I graduated in 1972 and our latest (niece) was there at the same time as Tebow and company.
I too have to agree that the Patriots seem to be a great fit and I would love to become a Patriots fan. I will spend the off season learning about the players by surfing the internet. I need to care to be a real fan. I tried to be a Jaguar fan, but it wasn't fun going to the games & I just couldn't "get into" them.
You seem to have quite a few rational posters, which is a pleasure compared to the Jets. Thank you for making me feel welcome

"You seem to have quite a few rational posters"

yes...yes we do....tell me more about yourself ,Mary....

images

Fellow Gator fan here. Honest question, though (and not meant to offend): Were you a Gator fan before Tebow came along? Or did you come aboard in '06?

Absolutely not. Gators suck, go Dawgs! Then, two things happened, Urban Meyer and Tebow. Couldn't understand the hype for Tebow and seriously doubted that a former Utah coach could come into the SEC with some BS offense and actually manage to do anything.

Over time, I grudgingly developed a healthy respect for Tebow, Meyer and the Spread Option offense.

And it's mostly self-inflicted because most of the "them" is us. Way more posts on all these threads by pre-Tebow posters (often long-timers, even) than by post-signing posters.

It's been the same old crap everywhere.

Fans constantly complaining about the big, bad Tebow fans, even creating threads with his name in the title. Then they all ***** and moan about the Tebow fans that may or may not show up.

Like it or not, he's a member of the Pats now and some of our fans need to get past the hate and give the kid a chance. It's not like they picked up Michael Vick.

It's been the same old crap everywhere.

Fans constantly complaining about the big, bad Tebow fans, even creating threads with his name in the title. Then they all ***** and moan about the Tebow fans that may or may not show up.......

You DO realize you are making your judgement based on the posts you can SEE, don't you?

Last edited:
Speaking of the third string emergency quarterback, can you imagine the Tebowhysteria at Training Camp this year???

The grassy knoll will be supercrowded....

Speaking of the third string emergency quarterback, can you imagine the Tebowhysteria at Training Camp this year???

The grassy knoll will be supercrowded....

.....so will the hotel at Patriots Place.

Mr. Kraft wants everyone to remember where the merchandise tents are and that the Patriots Place restaurants and stores are all ready for visitors.

Tebow jerseys have been available and marketed since 7.5 hours after the signing.

Maybe he stays a couple of years or more, maybe he doesn't - - but there should be ZERO chance Tebow gets cut before the very last day of public-access training camp.

(Of course, Grumpy McHoody could always pull the rug out on that one)

Yeeeeeeek! Tebow Only Fans are everywhere! I have to get out of here! Make them go away!

What? You haven't seen any either? Never mind.

There are four active Tebow thread, with a count of over 1300 posts.. it might surpass the Jets Suck...

All of this over a third string quarterback, emergency only.

We have become the "them"we used to make fun of...

Yes, and for the most part, we're not even talking about Tebow. We're talking about the Tebow fans and what their impact may or may not be on this board. Tebow himself has been relegated to the background.

Tebow wasn't backing up Peyton Manning in Denver... he was behind Kyle Orton. He also didn't have Tom Brady in New York... he had Mark freakin' Sanchez. Two terrible quarterbacks that I thought he absolutely should have replaced.

No one will say that about Brady. He is the GOAT. We know this. That doesn't mean people can't support Tebow at the same time. I really feel he will contribute to the team in the long run. I've been a Pats fan for years now and I am thrilled to have him on the team.

One more thing. The Patriots organization hold themselves to a high standard and we as fans need to do the same thing. I was reading the Jets boards when Tebow was signed there. It was hilariously awful. But mostly classless too (lots of name calling). Let's not be Jets fans. We're better than that.

You DO realize you are making your judgement based on the posts you can SEE, don't you?

care to give us a rough estimate of how many "Tebow should be the starter" type posts you all have deleted ? Or how many serious Tebow zealots you all have cordially disinvited ?

Not asking for specifics, just a kind of general ballpark. Was just wondering due to the topic of this thread, 1960pats' comment, and your reply. Has there been a huge influx that you and the mod team have dealt with ? Or has it actually been fairly minor ?

EDIT: By "rough estimate", I mean something like "few, handful, bunch, massive hoardes", that kind of thing.

sup guys. first time posting. wasnt a pats fan before but ill be cheering for them now :D

sup guys. first time posting. wasnt a pats fan before but ill be cheering for them now :D

Welcome to the board.

I hope T2 makes it through training camp and onto the 53 for you.

We've seen it in Denver and in New York.

Fans who magically start popping up here (user accounts after May 2013), who want Tebow to get more snaps, chime in when the team plays bad and have "suggestions" on what to do, and who are more Tebow Only Fans (TOF) than fans of the Pats. In extreme cases you'll have these "fans" to even root for the team to fail, as they personally root for their favorite player over the interests of the team. The flames will be helped/fanned along by his former coach, now reunited, who is personally invested in proving he didn't waste a ton of picks on a bust QB.

Get ready.

Like the Patriots, this Board is big enough to absorb newcomers.

The idiots will get banned.

The smart fans will be embraced.

Those who just make dumb comments will be, as they already are, simply ignored.

care to give us a rough estimate of how many "Tebow should be the starter" type posts you all have deleted ? Or how many serious Tebow zealots you all have cordially disinvited ?

Not asking for specifics, just a kind of general ballpark. Was just wondering due to the topic of this thread, 1960pats' comment, and your reply. Has there been a huge influx that you and the mod team have dealt with ? Or has it actually been fairly minor ?

EDIT: By "rough estimate", I mean something like "few, handful, bunch, massive hoardes", that kind of thing.

one guy that was banned was denver Broncos fan pretending to be a Tebow fan. so I know of one (I reported it and showed mods the link at the broncos forum)

one guy that was banned was denver Broncos fan pretending to be a Tebow fan. so I know of one (I reported it and showed mods the link at the broncos forum)

I sincerely hope that a Member has to do a lot more than have a link to another forum to be banned from this Board, so I assume that guy said or did something offensive. Banning people for stuff like that is what I used to associate with the old Colts board in the Manning days or the idiotic Jests Board today. I hope we're bigger than that...and better fans.

I sincerely hope that a Member has to do a lot more than have a link to another forum to be banned from this Board, so I assume that guy said or did something offensive. Banning people for stuff like that is what I used to associate with the old Colts board in the Manning days or the idiotic Jests Board today. I hope we're bigger than that...and better fans.

He confessed that he created an account with the intention to mess up this forum. He also posted the password which was a hard evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST