PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Best and Worst trades of the BB era

By the way, the people doing all of the *****ing about the topic - you do realize that you don’t have to click on it if you can’t stomach well-reasoned criticism, right? What are you? Morons? Masochists? The subject matter is pretty clearly laid out. If you don’t want to see it, ignore the thread. Seems to be a better idea than *****ing and crying like 12-year-old girls getting their first period. You’re adults. Grow up.

Patsfans is my happy place.

1695486653221.png

By the way, the people doing all of the *****ing about the topic - you do realize that you don’t have to click on it if you can’t stomach well-reasoned criticism, right? What are you? Morons? Masochists? The subject matter is pretty clearly laid out. If you don’t want to see it, ignore the thread. Seems to be a better idea than *****ing and crying like 12-year-old girls getting their first period. You’re adults. Grow up.

I cried when I got my first period. Well, it wasn't really a period. My ass was bleeding. But I call it a period as a way to cope.

I cried when I got my first period. Well, it wasn't really a period. My ass was bleeding. But I call it a period as a way to cope.

I hope child welfare services intervened and the perp was brought to justice.

Criticism is fine, having a constant hard-on because you believe your binky was done dirty is something else. Until you move on from that your snarky agenda remains transparent.

While we're at it, let's hear your prescription for "righting the ship." Hopefully you've put real thought into it beyond wanting to see the evil BB exorcised.

Sure, I’ll reiterate all the points I’ve made over the years.

Do a real rebuild (trade vets for picks).

Commit to finding a great franchise quarterback. Stop believing the BS that coaching transforms mediocre talent.

Bring in successful coaches from other organizations - with different ideas - rather than recycling the same old guys to keep the echo chamber.

Create a real trade market for players rather than calling a few buddies and getting crap returns.

Make competitive offers for skill position players. Bring in different scouts to evaluate the WR position for the draft. Place more emphasis on athleticism and less on community values.

Stop trying to build a modern NFL offense around a power running game and game manager quarterback.

Drop the idea that players want to come to New England for less money.

Develop homegrown players who will get second contracts rather than free agency frenzies because of the excessive cap space.

Al Gore never said he invented the internet (fact).

Agreed. Al said he created the Internet. Evil people twisted that statement to "invented".

"Well reasoned"?

You’re welcome to provide a detailed breakdown of how the OP was poorly reasoned.

I didn't claim it was poorly reasoned. You claimed it was well reasoned. It is not my responsibility to support your claim. Where do you see the "well" in the reasoning?

Sure, I’ll reiterate all the points I’ve made over the years.

Do a real rebuild (trade vets for picks).
Who would you trade right now?
Commit to finding a great franchise quarterback. Stop believing the BS that coaching transforms mediocre talent.

Bring in successful coaches from other organizations - with different ideas - rather than recycling the same old guys to keep the echo chamber.
100 percent agree
Make competitive offers for skill position players. Bring in different scouts to evaluate the WR position for the draft. Place more emphasis on athleticism and less on community values.
Agree 100 percent. We need dynamic play makers on offense.
Stop trying to build a modern NFL offense around a power running game and game manager quarterback.
Bill does not want to pay for an elite QB. He got his disdain for the position from Parcells IMO.

Reminds me of Kenbrell Thompkins, Brian Tyms, random WR's who'd flash in big moments. Kenbrell's catch against NO is one of my favorite Patriots moments.

Also, to answer the thread question: Sanu. God that sucked.
Yeah. Sanu to New England was like Alvin Harper to Tampa. Great when they had an All-Pro opposite them, but take that away and you get pedestrian at best.

I didn't claim it was poorly reasoned. You claimed it was well reasoned. It is not my responsibility to support your claim. Where do you see the "well" in the reasoning?
All over the OP. Posted the links, the trades were objectively bad, the OP disagreed with one and laid out why, and then he added one that wasn’t in the list and laid out why. It’s a well-reasoned post. Reasoning isn’t neutral. It’s either good or poor. If you’re arguing it isn’t good, by definition you think it’s poorly reasoned.

Dawg.....

The original title was just worst since it was posted responding to that article link but then I changed it to best and worst.
I stand corrected.

Thanks

Dawg.....

I was just trying to distract from the anti Patriot negativity of the thread by spreading rainbows and unicorns with a fun tale.

The ripple effect from that N'Keal Harry pick is crazy.

Bill drafts N'Keal Harry over Deebo Samuel, DK Metcalf, Terry McLaurin, AJ Brown, and Dionte Johnson who were all on the board.

After it becomes apparent Harry can't play Bill spends $9 million on Antonio Brown the next season for one game before that situation implodes.

Bill then gets fleeced in a desperation trade for Sanu who contributed almost nothing.

Obviously it can never be proven but if Bill drafted one of those receivers I think Brady would have been much more likely to stay. The amount of resources that went into finding a true number one receiver in Brady's final years is brutal.
Almost forgot J Meyers was from that Harry Draft. Imagine if we had Drafted A.J. Brown and J Meyers: Brady would still be here and probably we would have won another SB. What might have been if BB have drafted one of those guys instead of Harry who clearly wasn't a Fit.

Criticism is fine, having a constant hard-on because you believe your binky was done dirty is something else. Until you move on from that your snarky agenda remains transparent.

While we're at it, let's hear your prescription for "righting the ship." Hopefully you've put real thought into it beyond wanting to see the evil BB exorcised.
quick, take cover! Bill the Coach's guardian at the gate doesn't like snark! SNARK VERBÖTEN!

Almost forgot J Meyers was from that Harry Draft. Imagine if we had Drafted A.J. Brown and J Meyers: Brady would still be here and probably we would have won another SB. What might have been if BB have drafted one of those guys instead of Harry who clearly wasn't a Fit.
I think Brady’s exit was about a lot more than drafts. Btw, Meyers was a UDFA but your point still stands. Would’ve been a damn good and complimentary pair of WRs. Smdh.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back