PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Pats vs Jets Post game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We ate well last night fellas. HopE JE is okay. He's been balling the past two weeks. And kudos to Dennard. He made some plays on the ball that we havent seen much from CBs in a while.

Kudos for Tom Curran for some fine writing at the top of his column on the game:

(Ryan said,) "That’s probably the first mistake (Marky Mark has) made giving a handoff all season . . . Again, guys, it’s a one-in-a-zillion play. I’m not sure what happened on it, but that’s the reality of the play. In my opinion, it’s the first time that he’s made that mistake all season.”

So the starting quarterback and former fifth overall pick was due to run face-first into an ass. He was on borrowed time. We all knew it was coming

Well, I guess that’s owning it.

Last edited:
Among all the other goodies it was quite apparent that the Pats defense was just physical and nasty last night. There was a cracking sound last night that I hadn't heard in a long time as the Pats were just smacking the Rats and dislodging helmets.

Among all the other goodies it was quite apparent that the Pats defense was just physical and nasty last night. There was a cracking sound last night that I hadn't heard in a long time as the Pats were just smacking the Rats and dislodging helmets.

I noticed that too, thought the speakers on my TV were just crackling, was glad to realize it was just JEt's heads instead.

the defense was mean and nasty all night. Maybe the Jets bring that out in them as we know there is definitely a pure hatred for that team.

Another really nice step for the D. Starting to look like a trand and hopefully they continue to build on this.

Collinsworth actually commented on this last night. Definitely some thumping going on. I also think Collinsworth was a bit surprised by how this D has evolved since the Baltimore game.

I love reading JetsInsider after blowing them out. Hours of entertainment.

I always read gang green forum after every jets loss....and when they lose to the Pats I go there first even before this board.

It truly is hours of fun.

One of the few negatives was that the long snaps on PATs/FGs continue to be off the mark. Mesko has done a great job handling bad snaps all season. I think Ghost's FG miss was attributable to the snap.

that was the same ref who did NOT make the in the grasp call, nor any one of the four blatant holds and tackles of our DL on that infamous Eli pass in the Super Bowl...Mike Carey...Goodell's fixer....Pats way up in the 3rd quarter and what happens???...penalty after penalty after penalty after wrong call....."gotta keep the audience!!!! OMG!!!!"...yeah...TV and Goodell..which one is the whore??? that IS THE MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION

It was also the same ref who made the "David Patten's head is OOB while he was unconscious while his foot was touching the ball, therefore Buffalo's fumble recovery is negated" call in 2001. Get a grip.

Last edited:
It was also the same ref who made the "David Patten's head is OOB while he was unconscious while his foot was touching the ball, therefore Buffalo's fumble recovery is negated" call in 2001. Get a grip.

The Patsfans.com persecution complex prevents people from even being able to enjoy one of the funnest games in recent memory.

we were 11 of 15 on 3rd downs.
While Brady threw 64% completion a couple of throws didn't seem right, but I'm not concerned about injury or mechanics. He was moving and juking in the pocket pretty well and probably couldn't step into all his throws.

It looked like Brady was struggling with his release point; otherwise he was having a great game. Over the past few years that minor hiccup would've been enough to make this an uncomfortably close game, but the D and STs came up huge this game and played a major role in breaking it open.

Mike Carey calls a particular type of game. It's generally not a good match for how the Patriots play. Joker, while often over the top, has a solid underlying point here.

Dennard continues to be competitive defending against the pass, and that's as important as anything else going on. Steve Johnson showed that he's not ready to cover the big boys yet, but if he can just keep a lid on the WR2s, the Patriots will be able to keep McCourty as a roaming safety, and that's something that looks solid right now.

Really impressed with the physicality and swagger Dennard brings. Certainly isn't playing like a rookie corner in that aspect of his game.

They're having their day in the sun right now. They just also happen to be buried up to their necks in the desert sand and the scorpions are closing in.

May I use this as a future sig? :p

Apologies in advance if this was mentioned previously:

- Much has been made of the Pats inability to make a stop on third down. For what it's worth the defense did a pretty good job in that regard, limiting the Jets to only three out of ten third down conversions.

- Much has also been made about the Pats giving up too many big plays. The Pats did not allow any plays of more than 15 yards until the second half, after the score was 35-3.

Excellent game even bb couldn't find anything wrong in this laugher. Couldn't have scripted it any better. Best was Fireman Ed leaving at half time. Pat's organization from Kraft down to water boy is everything jets dream of becoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back