PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread 2023 Week 4: Patriots Lose to the Cowboys 38-3 - PostGame Thread

Immediate Postgame Reactions
It is. You’re not a nuanced, misunderstood genius. He wrote summarized what you wrote, and then re-wrote.

LOL! He took what I wrote out of context just like both of you do all the time. You guys are too stupid to debate an argument you don’t agree with so you twist arguments to fit your narratives so you can mock them. That’s what people do when they are not smart enough to engage in a simple debate. That doesn’t make me a genius. It makes you and your buddy morons.

No because I am not using it to defend Mac. [#1] I am doing it to counter your ridiculous argument that Belichick isn’t to blame that there is no offensive talent on this team and it is all Mac’s fault. I mean if we had Tua maybe Lowe could actually block.

You guys are so obsessed with me and my supposed turning everything into defending Mac that you don’t get my criticism of Belichick is irregardless to Max Jones. If the Pats dump Mac Jones next offseason and they draft one of the top QBs, I agree with Lazar that the offense is still going to suck unless Belichick changes his philosophy And enters the 2020s.

I want a new head coach next year and if the Pats get a new head coach, they will likely have a new QB too because odds are they will be in position to draft a top QB in next year’s draft. [#2] So not defending Mac Jones like you think.
#1: Strawman argument. I never said that. I've criticized Bill's apparent belief that 2 players can be better than or equal to 1 when it comes to skill players on offense, among other things.

#2: If you go back you'll see my point was that even you had stopped defending Mac.

On a separate note, do you feel any shame or regret whatsoever for your incessant defense of Mac the last year?

Do you feel for any of those posters who may have taken you as credible and believed Mac was just an OC away from greatness, thereby exacerbating their disappointment this year?

LOL! He took what I wrote out of context just like both of you do all the time. You guys are too stupid to debate an argument you don’t agree with so you twist arguments to fit your narratives so you can mock them. That’s what people do when they are not smart enough to engage in a simple debate. That doesn’t make me a genius. It makes you and your buddy morons.
Dude, you are the king of strawmen and shifting positions (apart from your undying devotion to Mac Jones until yesterday).

I've seen you literally go from "LOL! I don't know what Mac is" to "It's undeniable Mac is a starting caliber NFL quarterback" within pages of the same thread. Accusations of people "hating Mac" and "loving Patricia" to support your argument when nothing even close to that was said. The most recent example of your strawmen approach just a post above this one.

#1: Strawman argument. I never said that. I've criticized Bill's apparent belief that 2 players can be better than or equal to 1 when it comes to skill players on offense, among other things.

#2: If you go back you'll see my point was that even you had stopped defending Mac.

On a separate note, do you feel any shame or regret whatsoever for your incessant defense of Mac the last year?

Do you feel for any of those posters who may have taken you as credible and believed Mac was just an OC away from greatness, thereby exacerbating their disappointment this year?

LOL! I will answer your questions and I am done with your BS.

I don’t feel bad about defending Mac Jones for last year. He was hung out to dry. I said that about every offensive player.

And I also haven‘t given up on Mac Jones potentially turning into a good player. I am more doubtful, but I am not changing my opinion about the guy based on one game.

And there you go again putting words in my mouth. I guarantee you far more posters see as credible than a complete and utter bozo like you. I never ever said that Mac Jones was an OC away from greatness. That is just fantasies of your when you think of me with a box of tissues and hand cream. I have always said that Mac needs to be like Tua and have good talent around him to succeed. Never thought he was going to be a great QB by just dumping Patricia.

I don’t know WHAT Mac is!?!?!!!

Dude, you are the king of strawmen and shifting positions (apart from your undying devotion to Mac Jones until yesterday).

I've seen you literally go from "LOL! I don't know what Mac is" to "It's undeniable Mac is a starting caliber NFL quarterback" within pages of the same thread. Accusations of people "hating Mac" and "loving Patricia" to support your argument when nothing even close to that was said. The most recent example of your strawmen approach just a post above this one.

This are such sweet words. You flatter me. No wonder why you have a crush on me. My words move you so much you keep track of everything I say.

Love you. Smooches.

This are such sweet words. You flatter me. No wonder why you have a crush on me. My words move you so much you keep track of everything I say.

Love you. Smooches.
A knockout punch of a post, I concede the debate.

I agree. Patricia was a bad hire (didn’t even know the McVay offense.) That said almost every QB is just going to be what he is. The idea that coaches and coordinators develop or ruin them is not backed by any evidence but is always parroted.
So you think in one season, an OC can permanently ruin a QB. That's all it takes. Do you not see how crazy this sounds?

A knockout punch of a post, I concede the debate.

I accept your concession. Better luck next time.

You see this is how stupid you guys are. You think this is some kind of competition with winners or losers. Who gives a f**k. I come here to talk about the Patriots. Not trying to embarrass people or one up people. You must have a really small life to revel in being an internet tough guy.

After Sunday's display, I don't think Anyone here's in love with Mac any longer.
You haven't read the posts in this thread? There are people saying he's a decent QB

No he isn’t. I explained in my last post. My criticism about Belichick isnt about Mac Jones. If they cut Jones tomorrow and they trade for Kirk Cousins, I would still have the same criticism of Belichick for his offensive philosophy for Cousins.
Kirk Cousins = 11 in Patriots.

That's how bad Mac Jones is

So you think in one season, an OC can permanently ruin a QB. That's all it takes. Do you not see how crazy this sounds?

You literally extract opposite meaning of posts to continue your crusade. Jesus dude, calm down and read the posts. Bill will be on the sidelines Sunday. You’ll be okay for another week.

1696381466288.png

BB the coach comes with BB the GM and the last 4+ years BB the GM has done more damage than BB the coach is worth.
This is the statement of a crank. Or was.

Events are proving them true, however. Unless the season improves, which is doubtful, this dichotomy of Bill the good coach v Bill the bad GM will be held by many here.

I first heard it expressed by Captain Stone. He appears to be correct.

You haven't read the posts in this thread? There are people saying he's a decent QB

At this point in time I think even Corky's most ardent defenders will admit that the best that can be said about him right now is that he doesn't have the supporting cast necessary to fully evaluate him... And they're not without some merit admittedly: his OL hasn't been consistently reliable since Wynn - Karras - Andrews - Mason - Brown; his WRs are a bunch of #3-calibers that No team respects; and heck Bill still hasn't properly replaced SweetFeet!

Corky was Absolutely the reason we lost Sunday; but these other factors are helping make his Suckiness even worse.

I'll watch a replay of their Cup-clinching win AFTER it's already happened... And that's it. NOT EVEN ONE ****ING NANO-SECOND otherwise.
I’ll tell you what’s funny. I swear to God, I don’t even know who won the Stanley Cup. Every time anything hockey comes on tv or radio i just turn the channel. I’m certainly not going to google it. I really, really hate NHL hockey and the Bruins right now.

Last edited:
I’ll tell you what’s funny. I swear to God, I don’t even know who won the Stanley Cup. Every time anything hockey comes on tv or radio i just turn the channel. I’m certainly not going to google it. I really, really hate NHL hockey the Bruins right now.

I had to ask my brother back in August who had won; I didn't have any idea either.

With 4 rushers blown by you (which the Cowboys repeatedly did because Mac set so deep and tried to spin out), you have one rusher in front of you and you have Onwenu with a hat on him. So what do you do? You run past Onwenu's block and then panic. Instead of stepping up into the pocket and setting your feet to look for a throw, which buys you another second or two, you disregard the blockers and step right into the oncoming rusher's path.

I knew we'd have a tremendous downgrade in this part of the game from the guy who was the greatest of all time at commanding the pocket, but we ended up with someone who is one of the worst at it in the entire league. Zappe does not have the physical capabilities to play in this league but you actually see him step up into the pocket and reset his feet to look for a throw (which he can't make).

There were 5 pass rushers coming at Mac in this play, 5 Patriots OL, everyone else was out, including Rham and the one LB on Rham. That means we had 3 WRs out there and 1 TE. So 4 pass catchers against 4 DBs and 1 LB.

Mac should be able to find someone open with an extra second or two here.
Excellent post this is the part of Mac's game I have trouble accepting.I have no doubt when BB and BOB watch the game tapes they see WR's running free Mac never sees them. BB and BOB thinks Mac can play QB in this league yeah he can play QB but not very well.

At this point in time I think even Corky's most ardent defenders will admit that the best that can be said about him right now is that he doesn't have the supporting cast necessary to fully evaluate him... And they're not without some merit admittedly: his OL hasn't been consistently reliable since Wynn - Karras - Andrews - Mason - Brown; his WRs are a bunch of #3-calibers that No team respects; and heck Bill still hasn't properly replaced SweetFeet!

Corky was Absolutely the reason we lost Sunday; but these other factors are helping make his Suckiness even worse.
This is why I say you overrate him

After this game, the special teams DVOA is reported to be 32nd in the NFL by Evan Lazar. Great job with all those picks.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back