PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread 2023 Week 4: Patriots Lose to the Cowboys 38-3 - PostGame Thread

Immediate Postgame Reactions
I agree with everything but the last part.

We need a WR and a QB.

That will solve everything.

QB remains the crucial position in the game and it impacts everything.

The offense was constructed with a t least a mediocre QB in mind. That shouldn't have been too much to ask. It's the least you hope for, and if you don't get it, you're done.

We've taken one shot at WR in the last several drafts and it hasn't worked out. We have to commit more resources this year.

If, say, we had taken Pickens, then suddenly Bourne, Parker, Douglas and even Boutte would look good, and things would open up.

2 players is all it takes.

This offensive Line kinda, like, really sucks too... As does the QB... And the WRs... And the Grocery-Shopper, who sucks Worst of All.

Stephen A Smith said that Belichick stole a year of Mac Jones career with the stunt he pulled last year, I 1000% agree.

One thing I actually agree with him on. Wonders never cease. I'd go so far as to say he reset him back beyond even just being a rookie. He completely ruined his confidence. If this was ANYBODY else other than Belichick, you guys would be laughing about how stupid other teams are.

This offensive Line kinda, like, really sucks too... As does the QB... And the WRs... And the Grocery-Shopper, who sucks Worst of All.
You underrate how bad Mac is.

People have been telling you. All the time. You’ve chosen to argue and deflect and defend BB at all costs.

Now that you want answers, no one wants to explain it to you again.
But you can't name the players. So it's all nonsense.

One thing I actually agree with him on. Wonders never cease. I'd go so far as to say he reset him back beyond even just being a rookie. He completely ruined his confidence. If this was ANYBODY else other than Belichick, you guys would be laughing about how stupid other teams are.
You severely overrate Mac. You guys are pathetically in love with Mac.

You severely overrate Mac. You guys are pathetically in love with Mac.

There’s only a couple of posters who like Mac. Mac is now the Team Bill Scapegoat.

There’s only a couple of posters who like Mac. Mac is now the Team Bill Scapegoat.
The idea that Mac was ruined is preposterous. You can't even tell that this QB is gutless and will always suck. He doesn't have it. He's afraid. And that's because of who he is. Hos coaching has absolutely nothing to do with it.

The idea that Mac was ruined is preposterous. You can't even tell that this QB is gutless and will always suck. He doesn't have it. He's afraid. And that's because of who he is. Hos coaching has absolutely nothing to do with it.

I agree. Patricia was a bad hire (didn’t even know the McVay offense.) That said almost every QB is just going to be what he is. The idea that coaches and coordinators develop or ruin them is not backed by any evidence but is always parroted.

Stephen A Smith said that Belichick stole a year of Mac Jones career with the stunt he pulled last year, I 1000% agree.
Does Mac still get to walk around blameless for last year? I'd say it's more the other way around as far as who's career is being wasted by the other.

The difference if BOB got here a year early is they probably aren't starting Mac this year because he didn't get a scapegoat season with Patricia.

Even @Rob0729 has moved to blaming Bill for not bringing in better players to account for how much Mac sucks, which Bill ought to have known (his real actual new argument). Of course this was the week after he said Bill should be fired to make way for a new coach who can bring the best out in Mac.

It was really a pathetic showing by several on here for the last year plus.

I imagine the people taking this season the hardest are those who believed the posters telling them that everything was Patricia's fault and that BOB coming in was going to fix Mac and he'd start ascending. ****ing months on end we had to hear some variation of that every second post from some people.

Last edited:
Even @Rob0729 has moved to blaming Bill for not bringing in better players to account for how much Mac sucks, which Bill ought to have known (his real new argument). Of course this was the week after he said Bill should be fired to make way for a new coach who can bring the best out in Mac.

It was really a pathetic showing by several on here for the last year plus.

I imagine the people taking this season the hardest are those who believed the posters telling them that everything was Patricia's fault and that BOB coming in was going to fix Mac and he'd start ascending. ****ing months on end we had to hear some variation of that every second post from some people.

You guys really love to twist what I say to fit your little narrative. I am blaming Belichick for not building this team for today’s NFL and knowing when you do not have a QB who can carry the offense, you have to give them top talent to work with. It doesn’t matter if it is Mac Jones or Zappe or any other QB with limitations. When people countered that it isn’t his fault because Jones sucks, then I said if Belichick knew Jones sucked he should have put better talent around him.

BTW, if you to Patriots Unfiltered from yesterday, at the 30 minute mark Evan Lazar specifically says that if Belichick thought Mac Jones wasn’t that good he was derelict in his duties for not putting much better talent around him. He also said that if the Pats end up with the #1 pick and drafting Caleb Williams and Belichick doesn’t change his philosophy, Williams will likely fail too. And pretty much everyone including Fred Kirsh agreed with him. So maybe you should send him an email to attack him.

Last edited:
You guys really love to twist what I say to fit your little narrative. I am blaming Belichick for not building this team for today’s NFL and knowing when you do not have a QB who can carry the offense, you have to give them top talent to work with. It doesn’t matter if it is Mac Jones or Zappe or any other QB with limitations. When people countered that it isn’t his fault because Jones sucks, then I said if Belichick knew Jones sucked he should have put better talent around him.

BTW, if you to Patriots Unfiltered from yesterday, at the 30 minute mark Evan Lazar specifically says that if Belichick thought Mac Jones wasn’t that good he was derelict in his duties for not putting talent around him. He also said that if the Pats end up drafting Caleb Williams and Belichick doesn’t change his philosophy, Williams will likely fail too. And pretty much everyone including Fred Kirsh agreed with him. So maybe you should send him an email to attack him.
Is that any different than what I just said your new argument was?

You guys really love to twist what I say to fit your little narrative.

Says exactly what he was referenced as saying:
I am blaming Belichick for not building this team for today’s NFL and knowing when you do not have a QB who can carry the offense, you have to give them top talent to work with. It doesn’t matter if it is Mac Jones or Zappe or any other QB with limitations. When people countered that it isn’t his fault because Jones sucks, then I said if Belichick knew Jones sucked he should have put better talent around him.

BTW, if you to Patriots Unfiltered from yesterday, at the 30 minute mark Evan Lazar specifically says that if Belichick thought Mac Jones wasn’t that good he was derelict in his duties for not putting much better talent around him. He also said that if the Pats end up with the #1 pick and drafting Caleb Williams and Belichick doesn’t change his philosophy, Williams will likely fail too. And pretty much everyone including Fred Kirsh agreed with him. So maybe you should send him an email to attack him.

Is that any different than what I just said your new argument was?

No because I am not using it to defend Mac. I am doing it to counter your ridiculous argument that Belichick isn’t to blame that there is no offensive talent on this team and it is all Mac’s fault. I mean if we had Tua maybe Lowe could actually block.

You guys are so obsessed with me and my supposed turning everything into defending Mac that you don’t get my criticism of Belichick is irregardless to Max Jones. If the Pats dump Mac Jones next offseason and they draft one of the top QBs, I agree with Lazar that the offense is still going to suck unless Belichick changes his philosophy And enters the 2020s.

I want a new head coach next year and if the Pats get a new head coach, they will likely have a new QB too because odds are they will be in position to draft a top QB in next year’s draft. So not defending Mac Jones like you think.

Says exactly what he was referenced as saying:

No he isn’t. I explained in my last post. My criticism about Belichick isnt about Mac Jones. If they cut Jones tomorrow and they trade for Kirk Cousins, I would still have the same criticism of Belichick for his offensive philosophy for Cousins.

No he isn’t. I explained in my last post. My criticism about Belichick isnt about Mac Jones. If they cut Jones tomorrow and they trade for Kirk Cousins, I would still have the same criticism of Belichick for his offensive philosophy for Cousins.

It is. You’re not a nuanced, misunderstood genius. He wrote summarized what you wrote, and then re-wrote.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back