PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Pats vs Jets Post game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a few comments that I hadn't seen.

we were 11 of 15 on 3rd downs.
While Brady threw 64% completion a couple of throws didn't seem right, but I'm not concerned about injury or mechanics. He was moving and juking in the pocket pretty well and probably couldn't step into all his throws.

Welker. The TD, how can someone be left alone like that. Their CB must have thought the receiver was handed off and had to cover the goal line in case....brady ran it in?

I was happy in the 4th quarter when Welker decided to turtle and go to the ground (staying in bounds i believe) than take a big hit for an extra yard or 2. the first down was already there. Also, great awareness when he caught the ball about 1.5 yards shy of a first down and just pushed himself backwards for the yards rather than turning around.

JE changing fan minds about his capabilities. :)

Also, I appreciated how Collinsworth pointed out the Patriots success since 2002 having the best record in the division (and lost out on the division in 2 years based on tie breakers). They don't usually ball wash the Pats on national TV like that. :D

Also, I appreciated how Collinsworth pointed out the Patriots success since 2002 having the best record in the division (and lost out on the division in 2 years based on tie breakers). They don't usually ball wash the Pats on national TV like that. :D

I felt like Collinsworth "got" the Patriots more than ever last night. Gotta say, it was kind of weird.

The biggest plus for me, again, was the running game.

The team looks so balanced. Ridley's just 61 yards shy of the 1000 yard mark, and needs only 2 more TD's to post double digits on the year.

The replay of Edelman's fumble return touchdown is something else. His reflexes to pluck that ball out of the air were amazing. It was like a planned play where he took a pitch on an end-around.

Was it just me, but was Shonn Greene signaling "first down" after he both a) was stopped short on 4th down, and b) got the ball smacked out of his hands while he stretched it out?

Slight misunderstanding of how it works, Shonn.

Brandon Spikes, man. The guy totally changes our D. Caused another fumble tonight. All over the field. Dude is totally under appreciated.

That goal-line pop of Sanchez was pretty sweet.

Watching THAT play by Sanchez again, Wilfork actually defeats a double team to give Sanchez nowhere to go.

Mangold comes off the snap and gets under Vince's right arm, with Moore trying some kind of bear hug. Vince just doesn't move though, and when Mangold disengages to double team Spikes with Hilliard, it's game over for Moore who gets squared up and pushed backwards slightly - at the same time as lil' Marky wants to kiss some butt.

Props to Hightower and Cunningham on that play by the way - they both won their battles and Sanchez simply couldn't go anywhere.

I know that a lot of people around here don't dig Mike Greenberg, although I like the guy, but this Tweet pretty much says it all:

This era of #Jets football ends tonight. In the end, it was mildly successful, noisy, unclassy, overrated and overhyped. Good riddance.

Was it just me, but was Shonn Greene signaling "first down" after he both a) was stopped short on 4th down, and b) got the ball smacked out of his hands while he stretched it out?

Yeah, he must have thought it forward progress was stopped after he reached out to try and get the first down. Bad decision on his part, but I appreciate his jet-id-ness :).

That was a very satisfying win. I went to bed smiling and I woke up smiling. I will be objective later. I'm still enjoying this. :)

Yeah, he must have thought it forward progress was stopped after he reached out to try and get the first down. Bad decision on his part, but I appreciate his jet-id-ness :).

By the way, the first thing that popped out of my mouth when Spikes slapped it out was perfect: b****, please!"

Last edited:

Well, no one would ever accuse a Jets player of being smart... ;)

My wife, the non-football fan, just saw THE Sanchez play and came up with the perfect NY Post headline immediately:

ASS CLOWNS

So many posts babbling about the name of the stadium that it is stunning. They're incoherent in the wake of this loss. It's more sad than funny.

There really is no silver lining in Jets land. They have sub-par personnel from the owner on down. Woody Johnson should sell the franchise to a real football family, or to the fans.

One guy wrote, "when will have our day in the sun?" This is a Jets franchise that had Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick as head coach and could have done things the right way.

One guy wrote, "when will have our day in the sun?"

They're having their day in the sun right now. They just also happen to be buried up to their necks in the desert sand and the scorpions are closing in.

That was a very satisfying win. I went to bed smiling and I woke up smiling. I will be objective later. I'm still enjoying this. :)

Suddenly, objectivity appears to be overrated.:)

The biggest plus for me, again, was the running game.

The team looks so balanced. Ridley's just 61 yards shy of the 1000 yard mark, and needs only 2 more TD's to post double digits on the year.
It looked to me that rex was trying to run the same defense that he has in the past, the one that gives TB fits. But it didn't work because of the running game.

When you're a Jet
You're inept all the way
from that first interception
to the very last play.

When you're a Jet
The Super Bowl's just a dream
you get your ***** kicked
by every team.

You never contend
You're team is pretend
You can't win at home
your'e worse on the road
Rex Ryan is just, a big pantload

Then you are set
With a capitol "L"
which stands for Losers
You must be in heII
When your'e a Jet
You stay a Jet

Last edited:
I know that a lot of people around here don't dig Mike Greenberg, although I like the guy, but this Tweet pretty much says it all:

This era of #Jets football ends tonight. In the end, it was mildly successful, noisy, unclassy, overrated and overhyped. Good riddance.
Except i'm not convinced there ever Was an Era of Jets football. Its been JEST football for 44 years. Both times they went to the afccg things fell they're way big time, its not like they kicked the door in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes