PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Pats vs Jets Post game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dennard continues to be competitive defending against the pass, and that's as important as anything else going on. Steve Johnson showed that he's not ready to cover the big boys yet, but if he can just keep a lid on the WR2s, the Patriots will be able to keep McCourty as a roaming safety, and that's something that looks solid right now.

Last edited:
I thought the Patriots played an OK game. :D

Who was our backup OT?

Great Thanksgiving present. Thanks Pats!

Up in Amesbury (MA) for Thanksgiving with my family. So nice to be around fans.

Brandon Spikes, man. The guy totally changes our D. Caused another fumble tonight. All over the field. Dude is totally under appreciated.

So why was he active and McElroy was inactive?

:confused:

Because Ryan and Co. are scared of McElroy on multiple levels. He made them look stupid when he commented on the locker room disconnect last season. He's smarter than anyone on their staff. If he went in and managed the game how'd they get back to Sanchez... McElroy is like a prisoner of war in the swamp. Although he's no longer alone as Tebow has a look about him that screams it's not just my ribs that are broken...

So why was he active and McElroy was inactive?

:confused:

Good question. Let's ask the class ;) :

• Woody Johnson's orders
  • Tebow was well enough to play in an emergency
  • McElroy's got a Danny Wuerffel kind of arm and is nothing more than a disaster QB
  • All of the above

Last edited:
Because Ryan and Co. are scared of McElroy on multiple levels. He made them look stupid when he commented on the locker room disconnect last season. He's smarter than anyone on their staff. If he went in and managed the game how'd they get back to Sanchez... McElroy is like a prisoner of war in the swamp. Although he's no longer alone as Tebow has a look about him that screams it's not just my ribs that are broken...

nail meet hammer....

Great game. No scratch that... Amazing game!

Most things of note have been covered in the forums but no one is talking about that Kyle Arrington hit on Clyde Gates early in the 3rd quarter. It knocked Gates out of the game and Arrington out for a couple (maybe just one) plays. Firstly glad Arrington didnt get seriously injured since he might have had his best game this year, the new and unexpected depth in the secondary is refreshing. But anyway I specifically remember the ball clearly came out before Gates hit the ground. At worst it was an incompletion but theres no way they should have kept that spot and Im pretty sure it ended up being a 3rd and 1 and allowed the Jest to extend their drive. Commentators didnt even mention it, there was no coaches flags, nothing. I get we were up 35-3 but its the JEST and when Edelman fumbled later in the game there was of course no confusion there. Am I the only one who saw that?

Also everyones been talking about Edelmans injury and Gronks injury and what not... But did people not witness the real X factor that will make this offense unstoppable?! Thats right Brandon freakin Lloyd RAN AFTER THE FREAKIN CATCH. I mean he even got close to the first down and broke down papa Cromartie.. I mean I almost forgot WRs dont have to be falling to ground as they are catching but some legitimate YAC from him blew my mind. HOLY MOTHER OF GOD what an amazing game!

Last edited:
Rex is even dumber than I thought. He tried to justify his view of Sanchez based on his 92 QB rating... Same thing the broadcast crew pointed out as the game ended was obviously meaningless in the stats are for blowout losers context of his performance. Sanchez even admitted in his presser that he confused the playcall on his sack fumble and turned the wrong way.

McDonald. That's actually the position he played in College. He converted to C/OG in the pros.
And in a pinch, Connolly probably could play tackle too since he did the same thing. They need to use a line of Solder, Mankins, Connolly, Cannon, and Vollmer sometime. Five guys who played left tackle in college.

Cannon preformed very well.. I think there was only one time that Thomas beat him to put pressure on Brady. The other time, Thomas was coming from the same side as Pace.

Edelman played a helluva game until the blow to the head. And, contrary to Collinsworth, the defender cannot lead with the crown of his helmet, which is exactly what happened.

Contrary to Mike Carrey's call, that was not an illegal chop block. Thomas was no longer engaged with Hoomanawanui when Ridley went at him.

Ridley and Vereen ran the ball very well.. Donald Thomas is much better at LG than at RG.

Would have liked to have seen more of Woodhead later in the game once Edelman was out. Even if it was just as a WR..

The defense really put on a show today. 4 more forced fumbles (though NFL.com only lists 3, not giving one for Vince throwing Moore into Sanchez) and another interception. And 2 of the fumbles run back for TDs.

The kick by Gostkowski that was "missed" sure looked like it went over the top of the post just like Tucker's did for Baltimore back in week 3...

The "pushoff" call on Hernandez was LAME. I've watched Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson and numerous others do more than that and not get called. I think the refs forgot that they aren't supposed to feel pity for one team or the other.

Over-all a great day. Only concern is Edelman's concussion. Hopefully, with 10 days, he'll be back. Need to get him in touch with that Dentist that creates those special mouth guards that help prevent concussions.

Wish the Pats would give Mallett something more to do than hand-offs. This is the sort of game that it should be done.

Cannon preformed very well.. I think there was only one time that Thomas beat him to put pressure on Brady. The other time, Thomas was coming from the same side as Pace.

Edelman played a helluva game until the blow to the head. And, contrary to Collinsworth, the defender cannot lead with the crown of his helmet, which is exactly what happened.

Contrary to Mike Carrey's call, that was not an illegal chop block. Thomas was no longer engaged with Hoomanawanui when Ridley went at him.

Ridley and Vereen ran the ball very well.. Donald Thomas is much better at LG than at RG.

Would have liked to have seen more of Woodhead later in the game once Edelman was out. Even if it was just as a WR..

The defense really put on a show today. 4 more forced fumbles (though NFL.com only lists 3, not giving one for Vince throwing Moore into Sanchez) and another interception. And 2 of the fumbles run back for TDs.

The kick by Gostkowski that was "missed" sure looked like it went over the top of the post just like Tucker's did for Baltimore back in week 3...

The "pushoff" call on Hernandez was LAME. I've watched Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson and numerous others do more than that and not get called. I think the refs forgot that they aren't supposed to feel pity for one team or the other.

Over-all a great day. Only concern is Edelman's concussion. Hopefully, with 10 days, he'll be back. Need to get him in touch with that Dentist that creates those special mouth guards that help prevent concussions.

Wish the Pats would give Mallett something more to do than hand-offs. This is the sort of game that it should be done.

I also had the impression that the block wasn't engaged for it to be a chop block. I'd like to see the replay again though....

I was good with Woodhead being mostly idle and the O just pounding it out with Vereen and Riddley. Woodhead's durability worries me sometimes (though maybe it is an irrational fear). Let's unleash him into the tall trees and get those tough yards we are having trouble getting elsewhere only when needed (IMHO).

I thought Gost did miss it -- but I only saw it live.

The replays didn't show good angles on AH's push off but my impression also was "Really?". That "push off" is the kind of thing that could get called on just about every pass play. Normally a receiver's arms are fully extended on the push to get the flag. I did not see that....

Completely agree on Mallett. I would have liked to seen him get the chance to run the O (with passing plays) in the second to last possession (I think at that point it was 49 to 12 with about 8 minutes to go). Not sure why BB doesn't see the value in that.

Regarding the D, agreed it is nice seeing them get the TOs. But what I liked seeing most is how passes were getting contested more competitively than in previous weeks. While the middle of the field still bears good fruit for opposing QBs (though that is on the LBs as much as the secondary), the kind of CB coverage we are seeing in the past two games (minus quarter 1 last Sunday) is the kind of coverage that will generate more stops (IMHO).

I'll take that a step further and say that Ho-oh was never really engaged. He made some lame attempt to put him arm around him, which would have been holding anyway had he actually accomplished his goal, but at no point did it seem like he was actually impeding the blitzer.

that was the same ref who did NOT make the in the grasp call, nor any one of the four blatant holds and tackles of our DL on that infamous Eli pass in the Super Bowl...Mike Carey...Goodell's fixer....Pats way up in the 3rd quarter and what happens???...penalty after penalty after penalty after wrong call....."gotta keep the audience!!!! OMG!!!!"...yeah...TV and Goodell..which one is the whore??? that IS THE MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION

I haven't "enjoyed" a game this way since the Dutch ladies team won the olympic gold medal.

purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back