PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD: Patriots lose to Raiders 21-17

Immediate Postgame Reactions
tons of good offensive lineman coming out in FA next year

They should go broke fortifying the offensive line, then use the draft to select a QB of the future and a legit WR1 or elite TE1 (if there are any in this upcoming draft?). Regardless of where we go from here, whoever we stick back there at QB needs to have an offensive line that gives them the best chance to succeed

If we keep things the way they are now and just throw a new QB, especially a rookie, into this mess and expect them to magically fix everything then we're in for a long, miserable marathon of suck
All of that is important but we also need to change the scheme. Need a new era offensive minded HC that knows how to utilize the modern college recruits speed and athleticism.

Notice how Jonnu and Agholor are back to their pre-Patriots productions playing for ATL and BAL. Our antiquated scheme is overly complicated and set up for the GOAT who excelled at it. How many talented WRs have we seen perform poorly here throughout the years. Scrap the entire playbook and start over.

I guarantee a 51 yo Belichick could inspire the young players to assume leadership roles. A 71 yo Belichick, not so much. He's been done, time for all of us to move on.
Its not about belichick's age IMO. As the article says, there has been a tremendous leadership void. it wasnt all bill just like it wasnt all tom. it was ernie, ivan fears, josh,flores and whole lot of other coaches and players who were leaders and who have all gone.
we have finally hit the breaking point. in a way its admirable they kept it for 20 yrs!

Worst Pats team in 30 years and they won't even get the first pick in the draft. Can't even win at losing. Brutal

BB doesnt have it in his DNA to tank, especially when hes only 28 wins away from Shula record.. He will squeeze out every win he possibly can this year, which means we most likely are looking somewhere at pick 6-10

Parker says that ball was on his fingertips? What a freaking loser,

yup

jaw dropping that a veteran like him after getting extended in training camp in a head scratching move would show zero accountability for that play. Maybe he's been like that his whole career and has an ego? Either that he doesn't get along with Mac Jones. Either scenario is not good

really bad look for him... then you have guys like Devon Smith that take 100% ownership and call themselves out for dropping a ball

This is not a "Patriot" team, this is something else... we've really lost our way

It's crazy to me that there are people who defending Mac still.

You're not being honest with your self.

in a lot of cases its not really defending Mac, its just trying to be more realistic about the problems.. some are using Mac is the scape gate and blaming him for all the problems (granted i think its a small minority)

im out of the defending Mac business now, he's clearly regressed and has been a part of the problem.. key word there is PART of the problem, not THE problem. If we don't solve THE problem, then it doesn't matter if we get Patrick Mahomes as our QB this team isnt going anywhere playing football the way they are right now..

2 penalties on the first 2 plays of the game? i cant recall that ever happening before.. its just disgraceful at this point, very tough to watch

BB doesnt have it in his DNA to tank, especially when hes only 28 wins away from Shula record.. He will squeeze out every win he possibly can this year, which means we most likely are looking somewhere at pick 6-10
i for one am surprised the shula record is getting so much narrative. its such a low hanging fruit that all media and fans are obsessed by it. We have known BB for 20 yrs. Do we really think he is coaching for the record ? He wants to win. like all of us do. its sad we as fans think he is just chasing a lame record.

i for one am surprised the shula record is getting so much narrative. its such a low hanging fruit that all media and fans are obsessed by it. We have known BB for 20 yrs. Do we really think he is coaching for the record ? He wants to win. like all of us do. its sad we as fans think he is just chasing a lame record.

Belichick would so do this.

9b1e09e8-2704-4b87-8cfa-31b1188c5f66.gif

If he wants to win, why wouldn't he want to win the Shula record? He's a huge historian of the game. If you think he hasn't thought about trying to reach it, you're kidding yourself.

The blocking was poor. Today was even worse than the last few games. But on plenty of plays, he had a lot of time.

Look, we have not very great WRs. But some of these guys were breaking open free quickly and he had plenty of time to find them. I know Thornton is brittle and he's a bad pick. The problem is, I don't even know if he's a good WR hen he's healthy, because I've seen him blow by CBs multiple times, and he is NEVER going to get the ball from Mac, not because the OL is bad (they gave Mac plenty of time the 2x I saw Thornton break free) but because Mac is either too scared or can't make the downfield throw

On that deep throw down the sideline, Thornton caught that DB flat-footed and could have raced pass him if Mac threw the ball in front of him not behind him 10 yards out of bounds.

On that deep throw down the sideline, Thornton caught that DB flat-footed and could have raced pass him if Mac threw the ball in front of him not behind him 10 yards out of bounds.
Absolutely, and he also broke inside wide open on the play that Amik Robertson got called for holding him. Mac didn't see him even though he had plenty of time, evidenced by the fact that Mac threw the ball a second later. That was an easy TD.

If he wants to win, why wouldn't he want to win the Shula record? He's a huge historian of the game. If you think he hasn't thought about trying to reach it, you're kidding yourself.
he wouldve thought. he is human. But he isnt one who is just hanging around for that.his whole drive to to build and teach a team which can play well and win . its not like he is bruce arians etc who will suddenly retire when the team is bad (arizona) and leave after he won the SB too much. i think he loves the game way too much to be just sticking around for the record.

Absolutely, and he also broke inside wide open on the play that Amik Robertson got called for holding him. Mac didn't see him even though he had plenty of time, evidenced by the fact that Mac threw the ball a second later. That was an easy TD.
Mac needs one fluky good game to get his confidence. he is right now broken. like how zac wilson was.

Not really sure why people give a crap about BB being fired in season. Did they cry about players being released or traded?

Bill has lost the locker room, lost his mind, and lost any benefit of the doubt. He should be gone now. The 3 yr contract to Cunningham is atrocious and could be a foreshadowing of more insane moves to pretend he has some kind of master plan.

He’s already ****ed the team so badly with backloaded contracts and can kicking extensions while bringing in no draft capital.
What a great point that doesn't get enough play. Why is it ok for players to be dumped during the season but not ok for the HC?

Is it really possible that Bill is having a giant pissing contest with ownership and is making dumb moves on purpose?

Or is it his way of tanking?

Something is going on with the 2023 NE Patriots.

I honestly think the receiving talent is perfectly capable if they had a good QB throwing to them, behind a quality OL.

The performance of the OL and QB are issues 1 and 1a. If they had a competent OL and a quality QB, this team looks much differet. The defense is good. The special teams has been good enough, better than last season. Gesicki, Henry, Bourne, Douglas, Rham, Zeke, even Parker (despite the drop) is a nice collection of complementary talent. The problem is that the OL is godawful and the QB isn't much better.

I honestly think the receiving talent is perfectly capable if they had a good QB throwing to them, behind a quality OL.

The performance of the OL and QB are issues 1 and 1a. If they had a competent OL and a quality QB, this team looks much differet. The defense is good. The special teams has been good enough, better than last season. Gesicki, Henry, Bourne, Douglas, Rham, Zeke, even Parker (despite the drop) is a nice collection of complementary talent. The problem is that the OL is godawful and the QB isn't much better.
It really is difficult to judge any of the offensive players when they struggle because it's all tied together and the QB is the most important part. And something that seems to be getting overlooked on the Parker drop is that the defender waited until the exact proper moment to stick his arm out on top of Parker's and not allow him to extend. That and Bill's reporter rules could have been why Parker was asking them what they saw instead of telling us what actually happened.

It really is difficult to judge any of the offensive players when they struggle because it's all tied together and the QB is the most important part. And something that seems to be getting overlooked on the Parker drop is that the defender waited until the exact proper moment to stick his arm out on top of Parker's and not allow him to extend. That and Bill's reporter rules could have been why Parker was asking them what they saw instead of telling us what actually happened.
And another thing about the drop. I see a big difference with WRs that throw their hands up at the last minute. That leaves the defender in the position of having to guess when the ball's coming. Parker was broadcasting with his arms and probably with his eyes too.

interesting break down of the routes pats are running

interesting break down of the routes pats are running

Yep; route concepts are bad, protection is bad, Corky's making bad decisions and/or bad throws - Spillane should've had a Pick-6 e.g. - and of course Dorothy Parker absolutely ****ing Sucks. Disappointed in Obie & Troy so far too.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back