PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2014 Edition : Jets continue to suck (what else is new)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What+the+hell+is+even+happening+in+this+gif+_925f28dbaa189756fbc809df6b81a540.png

Have you never been Down East to Maine?
I've been there but not long enough to learn the local lingo, since that appears key to deciphering "eyunh" or "ehyunh."

Last night the show "What would you do?" had a scenario about what people in a bar would do if a guy tried to slip roofies into a girl's drink. Most people spoke up. One man didn't, and let the girl (an actress, BTW) leave.

This was done in NJ. I don't have to tell you what the logo on his cap said, do I? :eek:

Some people don't realize that the Jets can play WELL and still suck.

Case in point: Week 17 last season.

The Jets are at the Dolphins, who can get into the playoffs if they win. The Jets totally outplay the Dolphins. Geno runs around like a bunny on bad speed and they run every wild play they've got left in the playbook. Then, at the end, having achieved a famous victory to close out their 8-8 season ... a Gatorade bath for the coach!

How does that not suck?

I've been there but not long enough to learn the local lingo, since that appears key to deciphering "eyunh" or "ehyunh."

Mainers have a distinct accent and a droll sense of humor, known to all other New Englanders.

When LBJ came to Maine to visit Ed Muskie, Muskie took him on a tour of his property. "It extends from the road along that stone wall to the Pine and then follows the brush line to that Maple and then follows that other stone wall back to the road", said the Mainer.

LBJ guffawed, and bragged, "Why I can get in my car and drive all day and never get off my Ranch".

To which Ed thought a second and ruefully replied, "Ehyunh, ...Had a car like that myself, back when I was a young' un. Ehyunh, Eyunh."

I heard that joke in Yorkshire, 50 years ago -- and it was ancient then.

yeah?...well ...you can jump in your car at the RI east state line and be out at the west state line in 40 minutes...LBJ had to walk further than that just to take a crap.

Because it is the Jests, it is easy to forget how many ways this is amateurish:
  • He's a rookie, so he doesn't know anything
  • He's a rookie, so he shouldn't be talking, he should be studying
  • He's focusing on a team other than his own
  • He's picked up this talk from someone else in the organization, a bad sign
  • He's poking at a rival, with the only possible affect being to give them motivation
  • He's poking at one of the better players they face, who is incredibly competitive
  • The team hasn't made it clear that this type of thing isn't OK
I'm sure I'm missing some. This team remains mind bogglingly stupid.

Mainers have a distinct accent and a droll sense of humor, known to all other New Englanders.

When LBJ came to Maine to visit Ed Muskie, Muskie took him on a tour of his property. "It extends from the road along that stone wall to the Pine and then follows the brush line to that Maple and then follows that other stone wall back to the road", said the Mainer.

LBJ guffawed, and bragged, "Why I can get in my car and drive all day and never get off my Ranch".

To which Ed thought a second and ruefully replied, "Ehyunh, ...Had a car like that myself, back when I was a young' un. Ehyunh, Eyunh."
Call me dense, but this does not explain what "ehyunh" means. Does it mean "yeah," "uh-huh" or "OK"?

I got it!!! It's space alienese for "gun hoe"...or maybe not

This team remains mind bogglingly stupid.

Actually, the Jets aren't stupid. They've figured out that if you've got guys who can't or won't keep to rules it's better not to have any.

So they let the team run like a zoo and that's a suitable home for a certain kind of player. But, of course, there's a reason for the rules, so a meltdown is never far away.

And, what would it be like to be a fan of a team like that? Even if the Jets win, they suck.

I got it!!! It's space alienese for "gun hoe"...or maybe not
Perhaps the point of the joke is it means nothing and has nothing to do with living in Maine.

I think the point of the joke is it means nothing and has nothing to do with living in Maine.

Isn't it like the Beavis and Butthead snicker: "heheunngghuhuh"?

Call me dense, but this does not explain what "ehyunh" means. Does it mean "yeah," "uh-huh" or "OK"?

It can mean all of those things. I suspect it was derived from eh..
YUP! and shortened and contracted to Ehyunh.

It's an affirmative sometimes, and sometimes just an air filler like Uhm... um etc.

Our Canuck friends use a shortened version, filling sentences with Eh, Eh? or Eh!

Pass the salt Eh? Eh!... and the pepper Eh. This is a good sandwich. Eh?

Before all this diversion started, to answer your original interogatory the answer is... YES, Buzz is a cousin. Eh? Ehynh!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back